Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms

Rhapsody.Audio- Listening Rooms (RLRs)

Rhapsody.Audio would like to announce that within the next 3-4 months there will be multiple new locations where several of the product lines that Rhapsody.Audio represents will be available to audition via Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms (RLRs).

Initially, the RLR’s will have the products available for demonstration mentioned below. Upon opening, the DFW RLR will have a very similar product offering as that available at Rhapsody.Audio in Manhattan.

Over time, all locations will be expanding their portfolio to a comparable scale as that of NYC/DFW.

The RLRs will be available to host auditions by appointment. All product ordering and delivery logistics will be processed and supported from the Rhapsody.Audio NYC location.

Product assistance and installation will be supported by Rhapsody.Audio NYC along with the RLRs depending on customer location.

The RLR locations are:

Portland - Rhapsody.Audio RLR

Products available to audition (coming soon)

-Pilium

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

Dallas/Fort Worth Rhapsody.Audio DFW

Products available to audition:

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

-Pilium

-VYGER

-Kondo

-Taiko Audio

-VYDA

West Palm Beach & Miami (2 Florida locations) Rhapsody.Audio WPB/Miami

West Palm Beach will open initially. Miami will follow when the RLR is ready to host customers.

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Chicago, IL Rhapsody.Audio Chicago

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Long Island, NY Rhapsody.Audio Long Island

-Kondo

-Alsyvox

Dallas-RLR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob, have you had a chance to discuss with any of your customers what the experience is like compared to what they are used to from a regular brick and mortar dealership? I would suspect the experience would be more relaxed and comfortable with less sales pressure and a nice alternative to the traditional dealer experience, but I really don’t know.

It’ll be fun to read future reports from visitors who have bought some of your speakers describing what the experience was like now that you are up and running. It’ll be good new content for the forum.
No doubt Peter it would be nice if visitors share their experience here on WBF, but so far folks haven’t been WBF regular participants. Some are lurkers not contributors. Over on the “sharks” forum one visitor did a little write up after a visit. I’ll copy that post below.

As for less sales pressure, you will find absolutely none from me. I’m here to share music with visitors on which ever speakers they care to hear. If someone cares to make a buying decision they’ll deal with Bob.east, not me, so in my room its just about listening. If it involves wanting to hear more than one pair of speakers I don’t have the luxury of multiple rooms like a dealer, but it does mean the rest of the system will be constant. I only ask people to be patient while I move one pair out and another pair in. I’m a bit fussy about reproducing placement to get great sound, so it takes a little time. In that scenario a small playlist is best.

I did have one fellow visit who was the most enthusiastic listener of classical I’ve ever seen. It was a real pleasure for me just to watch him experience his favorite pieces. He dug classical they way I dig the blues, air-drums and all!

Here’s the post from the other forum (this was before I added the Taiko server):
I had an opportunity to audition Bobvin's fabulous audio system at his residence last evening. It was a memorable evening which allowed me to experience what the summit of audio playback can sound like. This is the BEST I have ever heard a system sound bar none! Bob has assembled an amazing system consisting of Diesis Roma speakers, Pilium electronics and DCS dac. The superb acoustics of his dedicated audio space allowed the system to really shine. I am not the best at describing what I heard but the sound was consistently dynamic, musical and engaging on all the tracks I heard. The speakers truly disappeared and it was easy to precisely place various instruments in the sound stage.

As an example, I have heard Stimela on multiple systems and it has sounded good to excellent on a lot of them -- but I have never heard it sound like it did in Bob's room. There were some subtle details that I had never heard before despite listening to it hundreds of time. This was an unforgettable experience. Needless to say, Bob is a wonderful host. Now I am definitely wanting to audition his other 2 speakers -- Alsyvox and Bayz audio speakers. If you live in the greater Portland metro area or are visiting, I highly recommend a visit -- you will be bowled over.
Anshul

Not sure if this would be the appropriate place to inquire about Bayz. RLR is one of the more active centers of interests connected to the brand and likely to be current in their awareness. I see the owner's account is actively monitored but rarely active. Reply from any quarter is welcome (I have been made aware my writing lacks a direct translation into English. Much less Hungarian. Hallanod kéne, ahogy énekelek. o_O )

Do I remember correctly (a pre-anxiety inducing concurrent number of years) Zoltán Bay hinting at a new speaker design? Even if this were purely an academic question. I think now could be the appropriate moment for tabling it.

Not sure if this would be the appropriate place to inquire about Bayz. RLR is one of the more active centers of interests connected to the brand and likely to be current in their awareness. I see the owner's account is actively monitored but rarely active. Reply from any quarter is welcome (I have been made aware my writing lacks a direct translation into English. Much less Hungarian. Hallanod kéne, ahogy énekelek. o_O )

Do I remember correctly (a pre-anxiety inducing concurrent number of years) Zoltán Bay hinting at a new speaker design? Even if this were purely an academic question. I think now could be the appropriate moment for tabling it.
Hi, Zoltan is always experimenting with different designs Right now he is over occupied with building the current models. I think he has 10 pairs of Counterparts in process. I have three pairs of Counterpoints on order. Another 5+ pair of Courante sets in production. Also Zoltan is coming to Axpona where we will have Courantes in the BAYZ/Pilium room.

Not much need for new designs from BAYZ at the moment. Our cup runneth over, in a good way.

Reactions: rando
Bob, have you had a chance to discuss with any of your customers what the experience is like compared to what they are used to from a regular brick and mortar dealership? I would suspect the experience would be more relaxed and comfortable with less sales pressure and a nice alternative to the traditional dealer experience, but I really don’t know.

It’ll be fun to read future reports from visitors who have bought some of your speakers describing what the experience was like now that you are up and running. It’ll be good new content for the forum.
Hi Peter,

I don't really ask about it. I've sold I think 20 pairs of Alsyvox, 10 pairs of Bayz (although Bayz is coming on STRONG lately) and close to 10 sets of Diesis in the last two years. Plus a LOT of Pilium. All of these customers are happy. 90% of these customers are not on WBF or any forums.

I don't really try to sell anything. I just have the gear set up for people that want to hear it, along with the RLRs. If customers want to purchase it after hearing it then we facilitate the purchases. Nothing really more than that.

Reactions: rando and ctydwn
Hi Peter,

I don't really ask about it. I've sold I think 20 pairs of Alsyvox, 10 pairs of Bayz (although Bayz is coming on STRONG lately) and close to 10 sets of Diesis in the last two years. Plus a LOT of Pilium. All of these customers are happy. 90% of these customers are not on WBF or any forums.

I don't really try to sell anything. I just have the gear set up for people that want to hear it, along with the RLRs. If customers want to purchase it after hearing it then we facilitate the purchases. Nothing really more than that.

Bob, I respect your approach. I was just curious about what visitors to the listening rooms think about how the experience differs from the typical brick and mortar dealership. It’s an interesting alternative, much like I think what I experienced visiting David Karmeli. I was just hoping to read a little bit more about other peoples experiences.

Hi, Zoltan is always experimenting with different designs Right now he is over occupied with building the current models. I think he has 10 pairs of Counterparts in process. I have three pairs of Counterpoints on order. Another 5+ pair of Courante sets in production. Also Zoltan is coming to Axpona where we will have Courantes in the BAYZ/Pilium room.

Hi Bob, I appreciate the informative reply. By rights you should be point of contact here in the vast majority of instances.

Always good to hear the best laid plans have not been disrupted and business remains strong. I hope this trend continues far beyond meeting a few show dates.

Not much need for new designs from BAYZ at the moment. Our cup runneth over, in a good way.

Glad you chose to pursue this as it is exactly the impression that was being skirted. Any mention of a new design would be quite dated these long years later and was believed to have come from the source. Most likely during an interview, Understandably the space any new design filled would be quite interesting. Having received the answer I requested. There is no need to endeavor further down this road.

While lacking nostalgia for a certain age. I do feel the longer product lifespans benefitted everyone right up until meaningful change was unavoidable.

Reactions: Rhapsody
Bob, I respect your approach. I was just curious about what visitors to the listening rooms think about how the experience differs from the typical brick and mortar dealership. It’s an interesting alternative, much like I think what I experienced visiting David Karmeli. I was just hoping to read a little bit more about other peoples experiences.
Understood, I just don't ask them about their other experiences, I just share my experience with them.

Does Bob also have a spare bedroom and home cooked meals involved in his equipment demos ? ;)

Reactions: tomsch63 and PeterA
Does Bob also have a spare bedroom and home cooked meals involved in his equipment demos ? ;)

Don’t forget the live string quartet performance in the living room and the lesson on how to set up a cartridge and tonearm.

I have read that Bob West has a very nice wine collection, and having visited Bob East, I know he knows how to set up a system and has good taste in jazz.

Reactions: bonzo75 and Lagonda
Don’t forget the live string quartet performance in the living room and the lesson on how to set up a cartridge and tonearm.

I have read that Bob West has a very nice wine collection, and having visited Bob East, I know he knows how to set up a system and has good taste in jazz.
Peter, hopefully in the near future you will come and visit both of us :)

Reactions: PeterA
I'm just here to play music, not be a guru. :p We can’t all be like David, it would dilute his brand!

(I jest with all due respect to ddk! )

Last edited:
Reactions: ddk and ctydwn
Somewhere, you need a dartboard, with areas color coded to your rooms. Then when you decide to do some listening for yourself, you can throw a dart to decide which of your amazing rooms you’ll spend time in that night. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Rhapsody
Somewhere, you need a dartboard, with areas color coded to your rooms. Then when you decide to do some listening for yourself, you can throw a dart to decide which of your amazing rooms you’ll spend time in that night. ;)
I don't listen for myself:) I play the guitar or the piano:)

Reactions: Bobvin

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing