I agree Amir. Romy is an interesting character who built his own five or six way horn speakers. He does love the original ML2. He really likes the L1 preamp. These are early Lamm products from when he got along with Vladimir Lamm. He also really likes Micro Seiki turntables. He has very strong opinions, just like many of us in this hobby. I enjoyed meeting him and listening to him talk about his love of Bruckner. Romy air conducts more vigorously than does Bonzo.
Kedar (@bonzo) as I know is a good runner not a good audiophile :)))
(Just kidding)

He might deliver some valid nuggets once in a while, but you have to wade knee high through camel dung to find them.:rolleyes:Just like Carlos and Rauls writing, self important people with too much time available.

Nevertheless , are we not more interested in what folks have to say, having hands on experience , and therefore some valid opinion , ergo what they write rather than how they write it No ?

His site is old and you popularized system videos after he did his writings on his site.
I don't see how this point is relevant. There are many written sites that have been popular for decades. We are talking talk videos specifically,

psuedo balanced XLR out
pin 1 = signal ground
pin 2 = signal output
pin 3 = not connected.

The manual says the input impedance is 16.5 KOhms. Why do you think it is a typo?
Because that's a very high output impedance for a pre-amp.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing