Thank you, but mixing video with the audio is anathema to me. In the next room over we have a small dedicated home theater room with mercifully simple components.

For some reason watching videos of music concerts does nothing for me.
I find it gets the closest to going to live gigs than anything else.

Granted, it's not very "audiophile", but I can live with that.

I think it's one of those things that once you explore it in the real world, you just can't step back on.

My bet is you do it, it is just a question of how many years it takes you.

Smiles.

Hello Ron, i have been trying to follow this thread as best I can. The search for optimum listneing position and speaker postion can be a trying process (to say the least). I posted a pic of the result of moving my chair. This was with the Vivid Spirits. You can see there was a "breakover" point that occured at 8" back from where I started that resulted in a much smoother response and it got a little better at 12" back and then another jump at 16" back. I assume you are using the Ipad app and playing pink noise to see what is happening. Does the app let you adjust the frequency range to say 20 to 200 Hz?

Have you looked at the graph (60Hz peak) with just the left speaker and then just the right to see if it is symmetric or is it being caused by just one of the speakers? Sometimes this can be insightful in figuring out which way to move to fix the peak.

If moving the chair doesn't fix the 60Hz Boom then you might consider moving the bass tower just a little bit (an inch or so) just to see if it moves the 60Hz peak at all. I think it will.

Not sure any this helps you but worth a shot.

Attachments

• Move_Chair_FreqResonse.JPG
    Move_Chair_FreqResonse.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: christoph
Very interesting! Thank you for posting the chart!

Tube Swapping Friday!

Tonight Stevie Nicks Bella Donna is helping me compare in the input stage of the VTLs fancy Telefunken ECC801S versus very fancy Mullard 6060 (black plate, Mitcham factory).

Last edited:
Saturday Tweak Time!

Time to dust off the vintage Shakti Stones!

Last edited:
Oh my, what is this I found amidst the rubble?

A0FCA7F7-1E76-496F-8C83-65F72C719B7A.jpeg

5D5B313F-A769-46A1-BDE9-F38A4A3B8522.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Final
32640922-C859-493B-A90B-8EFC7E4A4F3C.jpeg

Reactions: MRJAZZ
I am sure they don't.

What sonic effect(s) do you hear Shakti Stones having in your system?

What sonic effect(s) do you hear Shakti Stones having in your system?
Generally, a slightly darker background, with a more relaxed sense of reproduction... A less " hyper " presentation.... , somewhat more subdued perhaps...but not at the expense of transparency or timing... PRAT.
YMMV....some sense no change.
Maybe it's just Confirmation Bias....if so , I am confirmed...:)
Cheers....

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron Resnick
Hi Ron,

Anette is out with her third album now. Presale here on her own label.

I have not heard it, nor have I any clue if it includes any analogue element during production this time. :)

Reactions: Mike Lavigne
Hi Ron,

Anette is out with her third album now. Presale here on her own label.

I have not heard it, nor have I any clue if it includes any analogue element during production this time. :)
Serious question - does anyone listen to any track other than Liberty?

this sorta reminds me of Rebecca Pidgeon.

• Haha
Reactions: christoph
Serious question - does anyone listen to any track other than Liberty?

this sorta reminds me of Rebecca Pidgeon.
apparently

Reactions: af428
Bruce Springsteen "Meeting Across the River"

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing