Ron's Speaker, Turntable, Power and Room Treatment Upgrades

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
:D Yah.
Don't you just love the pace of construction.
Tony Cosko, of Calcoast Construction, has been great! It was the other firm I struggled with for six years prior that was the problem

brad225

VIP/Donor
Nov 22, 2012
Happy to hear you have someone that is taking care of the 2 of you. It can be, as you know, a battle at times.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Beginning to dig into the boxes in the junkyard that presently is my listening room I found a box of DH Labs T-14 loudspeaker cable.

Does anybody have experience with this loudspeaker cable? Sonic impressions?

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I also found a Model F RenuLife Generator, patented 1918.

It appears to be some early form of electro-shock therapy machine.

7B0C5AF8-446D-4D91-834C-64AD91D46FCB.jpeg

C0EDB23D-DD20-4A2E-894A-9951F7CC8A2E.jpeg

When I energize the device and allow the probe to come within an inch or two of a metal surface a giant blue spark zaps the metal and ionizes the air. The spark easily ignites combustible material.

Steve, Marty, Russ, other medical doctors: is this something you have employed in your respective practices on recalcitrant patients?

Last edited:
Reactions: mulveling

R Johnson

Jul 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I just noticed that tickets for concerts at Walt Disney Concert Hall next year opened up. I ordered tickets for Symphonie Fantastique in March in the first orchestra row and Mozart Jupiter Symphony 41 in June in the last orchestra row. It will be interesting to compare the difference in experiences between those two very different seating locations.
I will be interested in reading about your reactions next year. While the repertoire is very different and the concerts fairly widely separated in time, I think you will prefer the last row to the first.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I will be interested in reading about your reactions next year. While the repertoire is very different and the concerts fairly widely separated in time, I think you will prefer the last row to the first.
It will be interesting. My starting view is that I would prefer the first row to the last row.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA

View attachment 98060

View attachment 98061

When I energize the device and allow the probe to come within an inch or two of a metal surface a giant blue spark zaps the metal and ionizes the air. The spark easily ignites combustible material.

Steve, Marty, Russ, other medical doctors: is this something you have employed in your respective practices on recalcitrant patients?

An early static gun, cool.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I also found four MIT MI-500 interconnects.

What do people think of that interconnect cable these days?

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Great research work, Hi-FiGuy! Thank you!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Digging into my junk yard of boxes today I also found four MIT MI-500 interconnects.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

View attachment 98060

View attachment 98061

It's about time you use this device on your contractor ;)

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Project Empty Listening Room (a/k/a goodbye living room) has begun!

Digging deep against the front wall I unearthed two ancient Shakti stones.

We won’t know for sure until they are carbon dated, but I am thinking they are from the time of Tutankhamun, 18th Dynasty?

DFE4F2B4-1B1A-4932-ADB7-A9D89F58E90D.jpeg

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010

We won’t know for sure until they are carbon dated, but I am thinking they are from the time of Tutankhamun, 18th Dynasty?
maybe more the time of the Steve Martin version.....

Last edited:

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014

View attachment 98185
When your system is finally up and running, try using them. Place them on any piece of electronics. I think you will notice a difference. Whether it’s a positive difference is of course for you to determine.
I have been using Shakti stones for many years and like the “Difference“ that I hear....(quieter backgrounds , a certain “calmness” and sense of ease the system exhibits when they are used.)
Cheers.....

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany

View attachment 98185
My shakti stones are now parked in the main switchboard / fuseboard of the house and on the main powerchord before the first in-house splitter.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
66625FDC-300D-4A5A-BDFE-4B462717FE53.jpeg

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
When your system is finally up and running, try using them. Place them on any piece of electronics. I think you will notice a difference. Whether it’s a positive difference is of course for you to determine.
I have been using Shakti stones for many years and like the “Difference“ that I hear....(quieter backgrounds , a certain “calmness” and sense of ease the system exhibits when they are used.)
Cheers.....

Very woo-woo! :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing