Ron's Speaker, Turntable, Power and Room Treatment Upgrades

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Unlike George Jefferson who moved “on up to the East Side in a deluxe apartment in the sky,” we are moving out of that deluxe apartment and mov’in on down South to the beach — Long Beach, California, to be precise.

I am pretty confident our house repairs will be completed within the next 12 months, and it is less expensive to rent a house in Long Beach than it is to renew for one more year the lease of the apartment we have been occupying. Plus Lola likes the beach.

We will be only one mile from Jeffrey_T and only five miles from our friend Danny Kaey. I will be a true member of the WBF Long Beach Audiophile Group, and not merely an honorary member from Beverly Hills!

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Ron, sounds like a very positive move for you and Tinka all around. of course the moving part itself is rarely fun.

good luck with it all....and hope it turns out well for you guys.

Mike

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Ron, sounds like a very positive move for you and Tinka all around. of course the moving part itself is rarely fun.

good luck with it all....and hope it turns out well for you guys.

Mike

Thank you very much for your kind wishes, Mike!

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I rented half a house on Roycroft in Long Beach when I worked down there the first year out from my residency. They used to have free concerts in Belmont Shores every weekend. Lots of stuff to do and see in the day, and great jazz club by the Queen Mary.

Of course, when I was there, a lot of this stuff was cheap to free. I imagine nowadays you have to toss bills everywhere you go.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Latest component purchase: Saraswati, the Balinese goddess of music (among other things), made of ebony from Borneo.

DDBC1904-7409-433A-98A1-E1393E1644D0.jpeg

She will pull high-frequency hash from the sound waves flowing through and around her, and make the sound more pure and natural.

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Saraswati is as Indian as it gets, and is the Goddess of Knowledge, Music, Art, Speech, Wisdom and Learning. So she knows everything about gear, records, performers and performances, WAF, vocals and sibilance, and can even apply the knowledge wisely without ego

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Saraswati is as Indian as it gets, and is the Goddess of Knowledge, Music, Art, Speech, Wisdom and Learning. So she knows everything about gear, records, performers and performances, WAF, vocals and sibilance, and can even apply the knowledge wisely without ego

That is wonderful, Kedar! Thank you for that background information!

I will give her wide discretion to help the stereo and the sound a lot!

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I gather Saraswati prefers ribbons over horns.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
In this life or the next?
I hear in the endless reincarnation religions where if you live well you do better next life and the opposite if you live badly.

Well, Donald Trump is trading in his Bose for Zus next time around.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

Wow, beautifully said Ked. We all need one of those ...
Can she also manipulates extra dimensions? ...Can she warp drives? ...Through bright energy.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
A few of us regulars here at WBF who reside in SoCal had the pleasure of attending a wine and cheese party at the new albeit temporary digs of Ron and Tinka. First off I have to say to Ron and Tinka that we had an amazing time.It was great to see everyone once again. The food and ambience were superb. Ron's new place is wonderful. A hop skip and a jump to the water. What a way to wake up every morning and walk the beach. Plus I finally got to meet Lola. She and I got to be great friends.

What was amazing, was that in spite of Ron's system being down until he moves back into his house, he has simply amazing sound in his home now. I was stunned at the sound quality. The sound stage was incredible, truly it was a "you were there"as the sound wa sos good. Great speaker that threw this huge soundstage. Sounded totally natural and non colored with simple cabling. The analog end of things was Ron's new turntable which left all of us who were the simply gob smacked

Thanks once again Ron and Tinka.

Great to see Philip O'Hanlon, Jeffrey_T, KeithR,, Mark, Jim White, Fabio from Alma, DonnyS and their significant others. Were it not for the support and understanding of our wives and girl friends none of us reading this would be a part of high end audio. So a big salute to my wife, Tinka and all the others there last night. They too enjoyed Ron's temporary sound system

IMG_9244.jpeg

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thanks to you and Cathy for joining us, Steve!

I hope your sonic report describes accurately my future stereo system. Of course my new turntable must have Nishikawa-san very nervous!

That monaural ceiling speaker you see allows me to harness the awesome power of a 7 inch driver in a flexible rubber box. The speaker stand is an acrylic dog bowl shelf.

I am using a full loom of 18 gauge Radio Shack zip cord.

The Arcam integrated amplifier is Class A up to .1 milliwatt.

I am glad you could tell how good Qobuz sounds through Sonos! :D

Last edited:

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I'm glad you have finally seen the light and no longer mock the place of zip cord in a quality system.

Last edited:

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Perhaps Ron having his own system again will encourage Kedar to do the same.:)

It's good to know that Ron has 5X copies of each of his favorite LPs. Play just one on that new turntable, don't open the other copies, and hope for the best. Sounds like you all had a great time.

Yes, our better halves are indeed "saints".

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I think the Sonos box and Arcam integrated amp are a good match, synergistically speaking.
The turntable is certainly cute for an analog source.
He only needs an additional speaker to go from mono to stereo, that's all. And even then it's not necessary. The cables? Who cares if the electro energy is transmitted enough that you believe you are there with the musicians who are in your room.
I'd say chapeau and hop in for a dip in the ocean standing by...the natural sounds of the waves.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Yes, indeed. Thank you for making this salient distinction. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing