Use or will use having top tonearm like Sat,EliteAxiom,Black Beauty,Durand

Why 3012 is so special?
I never had and I don’t understand
Only to know for my curiosity
Regards
Gian

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: amadeus
Hmm, maybe this'll put to bed the preposterous notion that linear trackers can't exist at this rarefied level.

However, I foresee there never being a direct Vyger v AS shootout, too much at stake.
Tang !!!! Time to buy another TT ! The bash in Bangkok ! Don King can promote it.

Lagonda,

I have always found the Danish to be extremely well educated, funny and tasteful.You are no exception.

Kedar you are correct there is no need for a winner in a zero sum contest.

I am radical ASS-burgers and have very low EQ(Bill will ratify).

My WE 16a are magic for a tiny spectrum of applicable use,would I sell them or my steel on steel knife bearing,no.

Kindest regards,G.

P.S. Clement mono yes

PP.S. Georg Jensen was the champion silversmith of all time.

Hm, i think we have a challenge ! In the right corner Zerostargeneral weighing in at ......... lb with his Vyger with Vyger arm weighing........lb. In the left corner ddk weighing in at .......lb with his AS2000 weighing in at a truly heavyweight shape with 4 SME 3012R arms.
Neutral meeting ground, let’s say Switzerland ! Refereeing by a judging panel consisting of Ked,Ron, MikeL, Steve and Tang.If Tang like the Vyger better, he of course has to buy one !
I endorse such a fight !

Lagonda,

I have always found the Danish to be extremely well educated, funny and tasteful.You are no exception.
Thank you General, to misquote Meat Loaf one out of three ain’t bad !
Excuse my selective quoting, but judging from your name, you have a well developed sense of humor and can handle it.

SME do not now and never have made anything truly resolving.What they are is perfectly musical and that is rare in this field.

LOL!

Sorry, General, but that is just a hilarious statement. SME not resolving? After having heard SME turntable plus arm in Peter A.'s system countless times, I couldn't disagree more. What you say is plainly absurd.

The system is capable of some of the best resolution I've heard.

LOL!

Sorry, General, but that is just a hilarious statement. SME not resolving? After having heard SME turntable plus arm in Peter A.'s system countless times, I couldn't disagree more. What you say is plainly absurd.

The system is capable of some of the best resolution I've heard.

Dear Sir,

Maybe you did not realise that I was giving the highest praise to the 3012r-MUSICALITY,resolution is not my primary goal,when it arises as an incidental benefit from the search for musicality,great.If not fine.

Kindest regards,G.

Reactions: hogen
Lagonda,

You are sporting Titian Blue walls,try the modesty on the Hoi-Polloi?

Kindest regards,G.
Thank you General ! You have managed to make me doubt my knowledge of the english language, restaurants, taste in color, and googling abilities, all in one sentence !

resolution is not my primary goal,when it arises as an incidental benefit from the search for musicality,great.If not fine.

That’s the school I am into. But normally I find people who says this already has one hell of the resolution in his system.

Btw, I was just out-bided on two of your auctions because my damn shitty WiFi :(.

Kindest regards,
Tang

That’s the school I am into. But normally I find people who says this already has one hell of the resolution in his system.

Btw, I was just out-bided on two of your auctions because my damn shitty WiFi :(.

Kindest regards,
Tang

I can never win in his auction. It all looks fine till the last minute and then people have already placed in max bids too high. So even if you have good connection you will get outbid in the last 3s unless you place a high bid.

I do try to go as per previous prices on popsike or current ones on eBay and discogs but his end up too high so I gave up.

Actually I am talking about the Music Matters 33rpm and the 45rpm releases. I own several dupes of the 45 and the 33's...in many instances I think the 33's actually sound slightly better. Add to that the minimal benefit of not having to get up and change sides so often, and I would say that IF one has a choice between the 33 or the 45, then the 33 is oddly enough the one to go for. Wish i was on the list from the start, but I came to these relatively late...so collecting them now.

I wanted to cherry pick some titles because the feedback on the 33's were very good, some sounding better than the 45's. I guess I will have to get on that because the prices have gone up and some of the titles are gone. Do you know if or how many 33's were done that were not done as 45's?

I can never win in his auction. It all looks fine till the last minute and then people have already placed in max bids too high. So even if you have good connection you will get outbid in the last 3s unless you place a high bid.

I do try to go as per previous prices on popsike or current ones on eBay and discogs but his end up too high so I gave up.

What were you bidding on?

Thank you General ! You have managed to make me doubt my knowledge of the english language, restaurants, taste in color, and googling abilities, all in one sentence !

Your avatar reminds me of this Lagonda.

2C3BD95F-3F46-4D3C-8F33-0E14DC205943.jpg

Yummy :p

Tang

Lagonda,

Stop it I almost choked to death.

Tang,

Which pieces did you miss and what was your bid?

I will have multiple copies of any of the auction titles from today,should you wish to donate the sum to charity of your choice I will post them to you for free?

Kindest regards,G.

P.S. By that I mean free titles and free postage.

Lagonda,

Stop it I almost choked to death.

Tang,

Which pieces did you miss and what was your bid?

I will have multiple copies of any of the auction titles from today,should you wish to donate the sum to charity of your choice I will post them to you for free?

Kindest regards,G.

P.S. By that I mean free titles and free postage.

Schubert “Death and the Maiden.” and Capanini 24 Caprices. I think I put £150. I was scooping ice cream for my little boy, the bidding was very quick. I was too late to raise my bid. My bad.

I don’t get the charity part. My English is elementary. No kidding.

Kindest regards,
Tang

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu