Use or will use having top tonearm like Sat,EliteAxiom,Black Beauty,Durand

Why 3012 is so special?
I never had and I don’t understand
Only to know for my curiosity
Regards
Gian

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: amadeus
Haven't heard any one of the other systems. Thus, remain unconvinced. Are you frustrated? You should me how frustrated I am with comments about zip cord and the like... RED FLAGS everywhere. People trolling the current SME engineers and designs, left and right. Are YOU frustrated? Let me see, do I care... Come down to earth folks.

Troll!

david

Haven't heard any one of the other systems. Thus, remain unconvinced. Are you frustrated? You should me how frustrated I am with comments about zip cord and the like... RED FLAGS everywhere. People trolling the current SME engineers and designs, left and right. Are YOU frustrated? Let me see, do I care... Come down to earth folks.

Way to contribute to the community Ack.

Yes we know this Steve. We also know that a plethora of people on WBF with world class systems like yours love the arm. But.....people still want to discuss reasons why it shouldn't sound good. We got rid of one troll only to have another jump in. Extremely frustrating for me as I just want to learn more about the arm from the long time users (Ron's point.)

Why would you want to learn more about the arm, when you obviously have formed a biased opinion and will NOT hear anything negative at all about it?? Aren't you the one who stated that SME themselves are wrong and that their beliefs are just more marketing 'BS'- when they told Peter A that their new designs are absolutely more advanced..Hello! :rolleyes: :(

People trolling the current SME engineers and designs, left and right. Are YOU frustrated? Let me see, do I care... Come down to earth folks.

Yes, it's ridiculous. Dismissing their achievements and claims that the new arms are better as marketing BS is surprising, to put it gently.

Oh, forgot ..anybody with a different opinion is a troll...right??

Looks that way ;)

No it's just you 3 Stooges!

david

I've not personally compared a 'ddk-tweaked' 3012r to a modern arm I'm familiar with in a familiar system. my mind is open to any possibility. certainly a few very respected members seem to agree that it's special. so I would expect to also agree.

but labeling skeptics as trolls and 'just you 3' is really wrong. especially considering the negative SME comments from 3012r proponents. why is that not trolling too based on this logic.

lot's of non-ddk kool aid drinkers are not posting their skepticism.....for whatever reason.

I say this as a 'semi' ddk cool aid drinker myself.

Reactions: hogen
I've not personally compared a 'ddk-tweaked' 3012r to a modern arm I'm familiar with in a familiar system. my mind is open to any possibility. certainly a few very respected members seem to agree that it's special. so I would expect to also agree.

but labeling skeptics as trolls and 'just you 3' is really wrong. especially considering the negative SME comments from 3012r proponents. why is that not trolling too based on this logic.

lot's of non-ddk kool aid drinkers are not posting their skepticism.....for whatever reason.

I have no problem with skeptics or the curious but this lot is neither. I don't tweak anything nor did I start this thread, the arms are readily available at prices that many here can afford, no one's selling anything Mike. It's not my koolaid, SME sold hundreds of thousand of these long before I came around.

david

I have no doubt the 3012R is a winner over and over again, but I don't necessarily believe it's the *only* arm out there that's good. Look at it, it's pretty damn simple. There is a limited amount of magic it can possess as far as what will make it different.

Some things are total of opposite of making sense, with what DDK likes and does. But in general even though means differ for what we like, we agree on what we think about the sound of most stereo equipment. There are obvious divergences among members that like DDK's advice, TT's, etc.. given that not everyone wants the vintage speaker sound. Some people are seeking more soundstage etc etc.

well get's get back on track so the thread isn't closed which would probably make the skeptics who have zero experience with this arm happy. Let's just say those that don't own or haven't experienced it have no dog in this fight. They can ask reasonable questions. Unfortunately a few have gone beyond that and are trolling !

I guess it's time to cool off. So far, I've been able to gather the following:

1) Regarding those who seem to question the increase in wiring quality over the years, I am comfortable in knowing that they themselves have started threads and/or discussions about the latest ultra-expensive cables in their system in the past, e.g. Valhalla, Odin, et al

2) Those who attack SME have not been able to offer anything of substance. I remain confident that arms like the V12 are more than likely superior to this 3012R, based on what I hear in others' systems and what SME themselves claim

3) The 3012R is a great arm, nonetheless. How it measures up to other more recent designs, no one seems to care to directly compare, apart from SME themselves. To believe anyone else that the 3012R is superior is too much to even suggest, given the lack of comparative data

4) Zipcord - says a lot

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu