Sneak Peek! Exciting New Product from Von Schweikert Audio

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I dropped off today at Von Schweikert Audio a pre-amplifier I have been enjoying but whose sonic graces are needed at the Capital Audio Fest. While I was at the VSA factory I caught a glimpse of the soon-to-be debuted at CAF VR-30.

This is a brand new, never before seen compact VSA loudspeaker, priced starting at $50,000.

It looks very cool!

IMG_6761.jpeg

IMG_6756.jpeg

IMG_6764.jpeg

IMG_6765.jpeg

IMG_6760.jpeg

Starting at 50k. LOL. Gimme a break

Reactions: Chrisl
Starting at 50k. LOL. Gimme a break
using around $10k in drivers alone, may be a hell of speaker for $50k

Reactions: treitz3
Hi, Ron. Do you know if those lower woofers (The three white ones) are actual, active woofers or are they passive?

Tom

Hi, Ron. Do you know if those lower woofers (The three white ones) are actual, active woofers or are they passive?

Tom
those are accuton sandwich 190's woofers, seems like it has a built in amp for the rear tweeter to adjust its gain, etc or it has a amp for those 3 190's woofers

using around $10k in drivers alone, may be a hell of speaker for $50k

retail prices or manufacturer wholesale?

I remember my VR 4.5's cost 4.5k new :cool:

retail prices or manufacturer wholesale?

I remember my VR 4.5's cost 4.5k new :cool:
each of the 190's wholesale are around $8-900 each, the ceramic mid/midbass depending on the model is $750-$900 each, no idea what the tweeters are he's using

the vr4.5s where nice 20 years ago, they used Audax and vifa if I remember correctly, nothing like the accutons

each of the 190's wholesale are around $8-900 each, the ceramic mid/midbass depending on the model is $750-$900 each, no idea what the tweeters are he's using

the vr4.5s where nice 20 years ago, they used Audax and vifa if I remember correctly, nothing like the accutons

Yup again.

Modified Scanspeak Beryllium tweeter I believe. Not sure who makes the ribbon rear firing tweeter.

@Treitz The woofer section is active using their new Foundation booster amplifiers that take voltage changes via high level input. Not allowed to say much more on this topic except that it is purportedly done a little differently than how it is done with HLI subwoofers. No info so far on crossover points. Passive crossover which also includes the rear firing ambience tweeter uses the proprietary VSA Cascaded XO.

You should check out Porsche's builds too. They look stunning and I'm betting sound as good as they look.

Last edited:
Reactions: treitz3
@Treitz The woofer section is active using their new Foundation booster amplifiers that take voltage changes via high level input. Not allowed to say much more on this topic except that it is purportedly done a little differently than how it is done with HLI subwoofers. No info so far on crossover points. Passive crossover which also includes the rear firing ambience tweeter uses the proprietary VSA Cascaded XO.

You should check out Porsche's builds too. They look stunning and I'm betting sound as good as they look.
appreciate the kind words on our master artist audio line, they will hold there own, I cannot say enough about accuton drivers, they are extremely nice but they are so revealing if you have a weak link in the system they will let you know it

appreciate the kind words on our master artist audio line, they will hold there own, I cannot say enough about accuton drivers, they are extremely nice but they are so revealing if you have a weak link in the system they will let you know it

Totally agree. The upside is that when fed and cared for right, I know no other midrange driver that allows things like background vocals to be as intelligible. I think they are drivers for people that like to listen and follow different musical lines.

I like them so much that I was able to snag some Accuton Automotive drivers for my e92 M3. So I have an old BMW with at least a little Bugatti in it LOL

Oh Porsche congratulations on your Burmies. I have Burmester in my Porsche :D

Totally agree. The upside is that when fed and cared for right, I know no other midrange driver that allows things like background vocals to be as intelligible. I think they are drivers for people that like to listen and follow different musical lines.

I like them so much that I was able to snag some Accuton Automotive drivers for my e92 M3. So I have an old BMW with at least a little Bugatti in it LOL
yea, they knocked it out of the park with there cell tech drivers, they are all superb, I am working on our flagship design which will be utilizing there diamond drivers,.......

Oh Porsche congratulations on your Burmies. I have Burmester in my Porsche :D
I did to, upgraded to accuton in all of mine :)
which Porsche u have?

I'm a rotund dude so while my dream has always been a 911. For practical purposes while still enjoying some fun I went with the 2024 Cayenne Turbo GT. If I reach my weight target. I'm already down 40lbs, with another 20 to get to target (meaning I can sit without taking any eyes out from popping buttons LOL I'm eyeing a base RWD 992.2. I think that given how much I love driving my "underpowered" Toyota GR Yaris, the base Carrera will be more than enough for our roads and my driving skill level.

yea, they knocked it out of the park with there cell tech drivers, they are all superb, I am working on our flagship design which will be utilizing there diamond drivers,.......
Those diamond drivers go to friggin infinity on the Marten speakers we also carry. Not surprised at all that you will be employing them. Like the other drivers though, no weak links :)

Reactions: Porsche
I'm a rotund dude so while my dream has always been a 911. For practical purposes while still enjoying some fun I went with the 2024 Cayenne Turbo GT. If I reach my weight target. I'm already down 40lbs, with another 20 to get to target (meaning I can sit without taking any eyes out from popping buttons LOL I'm eyeing a base RWD 992.2. I think that given how much I love driving my "underpowered" Toyota GR Yaris, the base Carrera will be more than enough for our roads and my driving skill level.
great suv. I have a cayenne turbo s and love it, have a 991 turbo s as well among a few others

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu