State of the industry - Roy Gregory Editorial

not really a moderator function. it's a community perspective issue regarding tolerance and understanding of different legit viewpoints. righteousness is polarizing. creates winners and losers. losers tend to withdraw.

then we ask why aren't people with systems being denigrated comfortable posting about stuff? really?

some have the forum that they want. others not so much. they focus elsewhere.

Yup, people not into SETs and horns don't get much to say these days on general topic threads like this one, unless they want to be interrupted by SET/horn people who say that their systems sound undynamic and not "natural", without sufficient "flow". And that they're overpriced. And those people then want to prove their point with mp3 quality videos, LOL.

Well, I'm kidding, but actually not too much ;).

Yup, people not into SETs and horns don't get much to say these days on general topic threads like this one, unless they want to be interrupted by SET/horn people who say that their systems sound undynamic and not "natural", without sufficient "flow". And that they're overpriced. And those people then want to prove their point with mp3 quality videos, LOL.

I guess thats the state of the industry these days Al

Had three pairs of your brand of speakers, including the legendary Master Control MMC. Good for what they are. Not close to good horn designs...

Had three pairs of your brand of speakers, including the legendary Master Control MMC. Good for what they are. Not close to good horn designs...
Heard at length the model out of Corian (name eludes me) and thought about it...then found great horns...never looked back

I'm going to Munich just so I can make horn speaker video's and be crabby! HAHAHA

I didn’t mean get a pair per se... I meant you might “get” what the fuss is about
I booked today , the 20 th of may i have a full day for the Hifi deluxe show and after that 2 days for the MOC show 21 and 22 of may .
If i hear a good balanced horn system , dont worry im honest enough to post my defeat.

Reactions: Pokey77
I must be blind to it.
Hasn't it occurred in this very thread?

Although your "natural sound" thread may have been a trigger of sorts, I don't think that you personally have pushed your sonic agenda (outside of your own thread) in the way that other supporters of ddk's "Natural Sound" have in a number of threads.

Weren't the MMC about $4-5k/pair new? To which "good horn designs" are you comparing them?

I booked today , the 20 th of may i have a full day for the Hifi deluxe show and after that 2 days for the MOC show 21 and 22 of may .
If i hear a good balanced horn system , dont worry im honest enough to post my defeat.
Hopefully Diesis Audio will be there...sounded great in past shows...Alsyvox too.

Weren't the MMC about $4-5k/pair new? To which "good horn designs" are you comparing them?
Yes but a very long time ago...comparable to 12-15k monitor today. Odeon, Horns Universum, some Avantgarde, Lansche Goa and Cubus, some Blumenhofer, some Dynamikks, Aries Cerat, some old Altec and JBL, my own DIY system with Supravox in TQWT with Beyma compression drivers and a couple different horn mid-highs.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing