Taiko Audio Extreme Router

I could setup a Ubuntu machine and do the conversion there, with a version that recognises both the formatted disks but, it’s another conversion, where we always loose something. Silly me, it’s an obsession.
I have in the Taiko Router network, a windows home server, assembled in a Pink Faun ancient streamer, great PSU BTW, not exactly a NAS, but that would be the longest path. From the Router it will be the shortest path. Just a little bit OCD…, but I’m getting better.
Could the NAS input/recommendation from Taiko be part of why they suggested it? Using a NAS eliminates what you have explained/shared...

Reactions: Armsan
Could the NAS input/recommendation from Taiko be part of why they suggested it? Using a NAS eliminates what you have explained/shared...
John, yes my home server will be my NAS. Just a little bit more complex/complete OS, it’s a windows 10 home edition, and I will compare the SQ of the files stored there, with the the files stored in the Olympus.
But the thing here is, for me only, luckily nobody more has this paranoia ☺️, :), find the shortest path to load the internal Olympus disk storage from my USB disk backup. Please, load yours from another PC in the network and you’ll be fine , really OK.

Reactions: John T
Once I decided that I was going to use a NAS with the Olympus I bought one, filled it with the files on the internal storage of the Extreme, and started using it with the Extreme with Roon.

Reactions: John T and Armsan
Once I decided that I was going to use a NAS with the Olympus I bought one, filled it with the files on the internal storage of the Extreme, and started using it with the Extreme with Roon.
Me too....plus you can play DSD

John, yes my home server will be my NAS. Just a little bit more complex/complete OS, it’s a windows 10 home edition, and I will compare the SQ of the files stored there, with the the files stored in the Olympus.
But the thing here is, for me only, luckily nobody more has this paranoia ☺️, :), find the shortest path to load the internal Olympus disk storage from my USB disk backup. Please, load yours from another PC in the network and you’ll be fine , really OK.
Armando I now have a clearer picture and understanding of what you want to accomplish. OCD is another word for Thorough!

Last edited:
Once you loaded the NAS and started listening, any SQ difference/improvement over file storage in the Extreme? Or the same SQ?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing