Taiko Audio Extreme Router

With the discussion above about Panzerholz/Tankwood, just thought I'd mention I recently bought some custom Panzerholz boards from a guy selling on US Audiomart (just search "Panzerholz" on the USAM search.. irish65 located in North Carolina). He has a really sophisticated business, working with race cars, etc., he just does this a bit on the side.

After reading about the Taiko Daiza Panzerholz platform, I was searching online for a source of custom sized Panzerholz boards, so, I thought I'd pass this info along.

His pricing is very fair, shipping was fast. I ordered the 1" thick size. This is my first experience with this type of wood. It is incredibly heavy and dense. He also sent me some pics of a very elaborate custom suspension rack he made for another customer (probably one of our fellow WBF members, lol):

1727029461248.png

1727029906423.png

My boards:

Panzer-2.jpg

Panzer-3.jpg

Last edited:
With the discussion above about Panzerholz/Tankwood, just thought I'd mention I recently bought some custom Panzerholz boards from a guy selling on US Audiomart (just search "Panzerholz" on the USAM search.. irish65 located in North Carolina). He has a really sophisticated business, working with race cars, etc., he just does this a bit on the side.

After reading about the Taiko Daiza Panzerholz platform, I was searching online for a source of custom sized Panzerholz boards, so, I thought I'd pass this info along.

His pricing is very fair, shipping was fast. I ordered the 1" thick size. This is my first experience with this type of wood. It is incredibly heavy and dense. He also sent me some pics of a very elaborate custom suspension rack he made for another customer (probably one of our fellow WBF members, lol):

View attachment 136739

View attachment 136742

My boards:

View attachment 136740

View attachment 136741
Your description of the seller sounds like Precision Composite Industries:

I recently ordered from them as well (2" slab for a turntable plinth and two smaller 1" thick pieces for armboards) and my experience was the same as yours. Quality product, fast shipping, fair pricing and very nice to deal with.

Steve Z

Your description of the seller sounds like Precision Composite Industries:

I recently ordered from them as well (2" slab for a turntable plinth and two smaller 1" thick pieces for armboards) and my experience was the same as yours. Quality product, fast shipping, fair pricing and very nice to deal with.

Steve Z

Yep, that's the seller! Really cool guy as well.

EDIT: also, sonically speaking, I can confirm, the 1" thick Panzerholz board was an improvement over the 1" thick wood board it replaced.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldmustang
I'm having connectivity trouble today. My Extreme does not show up as a selectable audio zone in Roon. In the Roon Audio Settings page, the Taiko Audio USB Audio Device is listed but the status is "Device not found". I have tried the recommended power cycle (Router, Switch then Extreme powered down then back up in sequence following delays) three times and have also tried removing and reinstalling Roon. My iPad settings show TaikoAudio as my wifi. Any ideas are appreciated.

Was Roon recently updated? If not, try to update.

Are you running XDMS too? If so, does it see your DAC?

Was Roon recently updated? If not, try to update.

Are you running XDMS too? If so, does it see your DAC?
I did update Roon as part of the reinstall today. I haven't used XDMS in awhile in anticipation of Olympus so my version is probably a bit far back.

Open up XDMS and make sure that XDMS is not running and roon is selected as the playback software. You may want to cycle XDMS on and then off (to Roon).

Open up XDMS and make sure that XDMS is not running and roon is selected as the playback software. You may want to cycle XDMS on and then off (to Roon).
I could not make headway in XDMS. The toggles between XDMS and Roon indicate XDMS is both the current software and the default but the status indicates XDMS is now shut down. Attempts to select Roon are momentarily accepted and then reverse back to XDMS.

Once XDMS is shut down you can remote into the Extreme and start Roon manually.

Once XDMS is shut down you can remote into the Extreme and start Roon manually.
I can get to the Extreme desktop within the TaikoAudio wifi but I don't know how to start Roon manually from there.

I can get to the Extreme desktop within the TaikoAudio wifi but I don't know how to start Roon manually from there.

On the Extreme desktop there should be a shortcut to run Roon. Also, if you click on Start, Roon shows up as one of the apps.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu