Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
4 x 2 TB. One thing to consider is that larger capacity drives are 30-50% more expensive / TB.
So it is more cost effective to get another Hyper card and additional m.2s.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
A video of the Extreme, with the new USB card installed -> MSB Select II -> Pilium Alexander -> Magico MXO Crossovers -> 4 Pilium Hercules monos -> Magico M9s

Wow, that must be some “very poor” Korean Audiophile's room.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
The Magico factory listening room.
Oh, it was a joke on Esotar, who always tells us how "poor" Korean audiophiles are, with their Extremes and other fantastic devices.

Reactions: Taiko Audio

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
A video of the Extreme, with the new USB card installed -> MSB Select II -> Pilium Alexander -> Magico MXO Crossovers -> 4 Pilium Hercules monos -> Magico M9s

it sounds really really good! what song/track are they playing Emile? I am keen to see how my setup sounds comparatively with the same track. Interesting that the magico listening room is using Pilium monos over a CH setup . those Piliums must really be something! Will they take over all the ch setups in exhibitions nowon i wonder? they are more cost effective in a way haha:) good for the poor audiophile in korean and in australia

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
it sounds really really good! what song/track are they playing Emile? I am keen to see how my setup sounds comparatively with the same track. Interesting that the magico listening room is using Pilium monos over a CH setup . those Piliums must really be something! Will they take over all the ch setups in exhibitions nowon i wonder? they are more cost effective in a way haha:) good for the poor audiophile in korean and in australia
Mitt Hjerte - Til Alltid Vanker (Album) Shazam is your friend:)

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
Ah quite right i should shazam:) which artist though i wonder.... it seems a common norwegian track that many artists sing to.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Ah quite right i should shazam:) which artist though i wonder.... it seems a common norwegian track that many artists sing to.
I suggested Shazam as all of the information about the album/artist is available.

SKRUK is a Norwegian choir which has toured all over the country and many parts of the world for more than 35 years with its conductor, Per Oddvar Hildre. It was founded in 1973. The choir has released more than 25 records over the years, all of them at the record label Kirkelig Kulturverksted.

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
SKruk yup gotcha - just found the track in my roon - will give it a twirl - thanks Bob:)

Reactions: Rhapsody

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin
My digital playback chain is complete until Emile and Co. comes up with the next enhancement.

I just added a @Sablon Audio interconnect which runs between my Pacific and preamp. It replaces an Audioquest Earth. Needless to say it is a great addition and it isn’t really broken in.
I have both Sablon and FTA , plan on trying the Shunyata Omega soon , it has great reviews

Reactions: oldmustang

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
I have both Sablon and FTA , plan on trying the Shunyata Omega soon , it has great reviews
The Shunyata Omega USB cable I’m using is something special.

Steve Z

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin
I’m having a issue with TAS , I lost my soundstage.
It’s very narrow pretty much center , if I switch to Roon it’s fine . Any Ideas ?

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
It’s very narrow pretty much center , if I switch to Roon it’s fine . Any Ideas ?
I’ve not experienced anything like that with TAS so far. In every comparison I’ve done between TAS and Roon, TAS always sounds significantly better. Have you tried restarting the TAS player or rebooting the Extreme?

Very puzzling,

Steve Z

seatrope

Mar 9, 2017
Sounds like it’s in mono? Is there any setting in LMS that converts to mono?

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin
I’ve not experienced anything like that with TAS so far. In every comparison I’ve done between TAS and Roon, TAS always sounds significantly better. Have you tried restarting the TAS player or rebooting the Extreme?

Very puzzling,

Steve Z
I reset settings and rebooted still same

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing