Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Audiophiles stuck in a loop? Fancy that.

Reactions: Bobvin
Help please. Almost every day my extreme looses connection to Roon when left on over night. I have to reboot to connect back to Roon. I have had Comcast and their router for over a 2 years with no issues. Started two months or so ago and has become almost every night. I have checked all obvious potential causes. Anyone with similar experience and/or cure? Getting extremely desperate.
Thanks

QuantumWave

OMG what a revelation / insight

There have been unexplainable consistent observations over the past 5 years which have stummped us, and this now strongly suggests the mechanism by which these audible effects develop

Bravo, thank you, thank you, thank you
Hi Eurodriver,

What specific “audible” effects are you referring to which could be explained by the spontaneous synchronization mechanism?

Spontaneous synchronization is a facinating topic. I’m curious, what happens to the likelihood that synchronization will occur, or the time it takes for synchronization to occur, if you add different random perturbations in the oscillating frequencies at different times in each of the metronomes in the YouTube example?

I would speculate that adding random perturbations to each metronome would delay the convergence time or even prevent the convergence from occurring depending on the characteristics (frequency and magnitude) of the perturbations.

And going even further down the speculative route, can the synchronization mechanism provide an explanation for how music affects our consciousness/emotional state?

Below is a graph of different brain wave frequencies from the article “Could consciousness come down to the way things vibrate” by Tam Hunt at UCSB.

Each horizontal graph (e.g., gamma, beta, alpha, theta etc) refers to the synchronized frequency of grouped neurons firing in the brain, and the associated states of consciousness/emotion (e.g., insight, alertness, relaxation, meditation etc).

At the risk of falling even further down a wasteful dilettante rabbit hole, can we explain the increased levels of musical engagement produced by the Extreme’s lowered levels of noise/artifacts (perturbations to the metronome), as a result of it facilitating our brains to enter synchronized neuron firing frequencies more conducive to relaxation or meditation?

1645175463454.jpeg

Help please. Almost every day my extreme looses connection to Roon when left on over night. I have to reboot to connect back to Roon. I have had Comcast and their router for over a 2 years with no issues. Started two months or so ago and has become almost every night. I have checked all obvious potential causes. Anyone with similar experience and/or cure? Getting extremely desperate.
Thanks
Few things migh be a reason.
from most often to rare:

1. APD ( auto power down) opion is chcked in switch /router or other network device on the way to Extreme ?
2. Some Network filters act this way.
3. if you have the access point not fully adopted in your network.
4. Oler softwere in router/ switch/ access point. Upgrate to newest.
5.some network cables ( totalDAC ethernet) are giving some sort of temporaty lost in network.
6. Etherregen if the 100 mbps port is used on the other side it makes the devices not recognized from time to time. This is not happening when 1G ports are used.
7. if you have wrong voltage on any of your network devices it might get lost.
8. if any of network devices has a ground it should be grounded.
it collects the charge that cannot be discharged via ground wire and simply stops working.
9. Very rare is a colock solgering ( cold solger issue) failure in any of the network devices . It is broken solgering that Once is heated up it is disconnecting a clock.

Good luck tying to find it !

Reactions: Ultrafast69
At the risk of falling even further down a wasteful dilettante rabbit hole, can we explain the increased levels of musical engagement produced by the Extreme’s lowered levels of noise/artifacts (perturbations to the metronome), as a result of it facilitating our brains to enter synchronized neuron firing frequencies more conducive to relaxation or meditation?
I have PM'd you with a specific example where the synchronization effect could be an explanation.

Meanwhile the above quote is something I have not even considered, indeed something to think about

Interesting video on coupled ‘vibrations’ or ‘oscillations’
Similar effects in audio?
The key of this is the
POINT OF FREEDOM
at which they can move , and that it is in the direction of them acting.

I think Emile investigated this phenomenon partially with his Herzan ? platforms modification
Some time ago. In this case there were 3 ways of action to correct the movements in 3 directions.

There is more. Biology works this way too.
If they are 2 or 3 woman living same room ( like a students campus or military) they also synchronize their menstruation.

Last edited:
Hi Eurodriver,

What specific “audible” effects are you referring to which could be explained by the spontaneous synchronization mechanism?

Spontaneous synchronization is a facinating topic. I’m curious, what happens to the likelihood that synchronization will occur, or the time it takes for synchronization to occur, if you add different random perturbations in the oscillating frequencies at different times in each of the metronomes in the YouTube example?

I would speculate that adding random perturbations to each metronome would delay the convergence time or even prevent the convergence from occurring depending on the characteristics (frequency and magnitude) of the perturbations.

And going even further down the speculative route, can the synchronization mechanism provide an explanation for how music affects our consciousness/emotional state?

Below is a graph of different brain wave frequencies from the article “Could consciousness come down to the way things vibrate” by Tam Hunt at UCSB.

Each horizontal graph (e.g., gamma, beta, alpha, theta etc) refers to the synchronized frequency of grouped neurons firing in the brain, and the associated states of consciousness/emotion (e.g., insight, alertness, relaxation, meditation etc).

View attachment 89409
I think one simpler way to look at it: small coupling (like for instance the casing) between anything that oscillates/vibrates (things capacitors) can induce macroscopic/large scale effet (all resonate in sync), no matter how small the coupling is. Those are called emergent effects, with some parallel even in biology, that seems to be how flock of birds self organise to follow a given direction.
So minor things can have big impact, maybe take home message :)

Thanks
If you use iOS, you will get that problem. Let's use Android.

Thanks
I sent you a PM with something to try

If you use iOS, you will get that problem. Let's use Android.
I have 30 Extreme users using iOS and never have this problem. It has to do with his specific network/settings. It is NOT a generic iOS issue. If anything I formerly used an Android phone and ALWAYS had all type of connection/dropping issues. I switched to an iPhone six month ago and have not had one connection issue with my phone since.

Are there any Chord Dave + Audiowise SRC-DX owners available to test driver support?
I shared my TeamViewer credentials for the SRC-DX:)

I must share my experience on the OS update as it is far beyond any expectation I ever had and I beleive is probably different from what is shared so far. First wow was when I emailed Emile for the OS upgrade at midnight, we are country neighbor, I was hopping it will be upgraded in the morning but few minutes later I got the response from Emile that it was done. That is a WoW on the service quality than I never had and expected to have!

Similar to every Extreme owners, I spend the night on testing. I am one of those listening to offline PGGB'ed music on the Chord Dave/DC4AR6 via the SRC-DX using HQP(4.6)/NAA. I had installed Roon during the day to make it update the Library and as I have read in many feedback, the sound in the center became huge and fulfilling but there is a BUT, the sound was not as open as I was familiar and also the edges sounds limited and this was taking away the music engagement.

Next night I prepared different cables and I started all the combinations, and the best result was with my oldest cheapest 10mEthernet cable while the worst result was the M12 Gold Switch but all the fulfilling sound in the voice was not leading to the engagement I had before and the HQP/NAA even though it sounded comparing to Roon almost flat in the voice but the sound was open and the notes edge was limitless resulting in a better music engagement.

Without engagement I cannot listen to my music and my conclusion was that maybe the OS update is not for me at this stage and better to wait for Emile Switch and the final player and I had to write to Emile being the first to request undoing the OS upgrade hoping I can do a back and forth comparison.

Then the second WoW, as Emile propose to use a very basic switch in the configuration. My Internet configuration is simple, Huawei router with 4G (I as am living in literally the middle of nowhere) connected directly to the Extreme. I could not resist to wait until night listening session to try it and Boom, all the magic of the magician Emile popped up on the Roon. Everything that was before plus everything that was missing creates a magical SQ engagement moment. I am out of words to describe the experience.

The scientific explanation from Emile: "some routers don’t perform address segmentation (where the packets are only send to the connected devices which should receive them)"

If lucky enough I will be one of the first trying the SRC-DX driver.

A trillion thank you Emile for your amazing service and extra-ordinary SQ.

Anas

Wow, that is a very convincing demo :)
Hi Emile, could you please explain this effect to me in relation to audio vibrations/Daiza etc....I'm a bit dumm in these matters....

I have 30 Extreme users using iOS and never have this problem. It has to do with his specific network/settings. It is NOT a generic iOS issue. If anything I formerly used an Android phone and ALWAYS had all type of connection/dropping issues. I switched to an iPhone six month ago and have not had one connection issue with my phone since.
I only say what I get. I got this problem in recent times. I have got the same problem as @Koegz

Attachments

• received_791256172276380.jpeg
    received_791256172276380.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 29
  • received_278863610880067.jpeg
    received_278863610880067.jpeg
    205.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Reactions: Rhapsody
The scientific explanation from Emile: "some routers don’t perform address segmentation (where the packets are only send to the connected devices which should receive them)"

If lucky enough I will be one of the first trying the SRC-DX driver.

Very interesting feedback, thank you!

When I will receive my Extreme I will be in a a similar condition both in terms of network (4G Huawei router + audiophile switch) and DAC. I also have a Chord digital front end + SRC-DX (in my case connected to the M Scaler, as I listen to mostly streamed music).

So now I am curious about my Uptone EtherREGEN does about address segmentation :rolleyes: , I will ask Alex Crespi and report back what I learn from him.

Reactions: cat6man
I only say what I get. I got this problem in recent times. I have got the same problem as @Koegz
Steve, do you own an Extreme?

Usually when one or two users have a connection issue vs. maybe a 100 users without an issue, which I think there are that many Extreme users controlling with Apple devices, it would seem that it has something to do with the specific wifi/network/device in the one or two users home environments. Not sure, but it would seem that way.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing