Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

you must stop the TAS service
Okay, why?
The TAS service allows switching between Roon and TAS. Having Roon run simultaneously with XDMS has an impact on the sound quality. But please note that these kinds of questions are better posted in the Discord XDMS channel where we will focus on the Alpha release. That way, we keep this thread more interesting and manageable for those who have not opted to be testers.

If you wish to join the Discord Channel, email support@taikoaudio.com with your DAC and Extreme Serial number and we will send you an invitation.

Last edited:
I can switch back and forth between XDMS and TAS by tapping the icon on my iPad. I can get Roon by going to TAS control. I'm guessing I have both XDMS and TAS running which isn't good?
But ultimately there is a switch in the XDMS "settings" (much the same as in TAS) which will turn off XDMS and turn on Roon. (presently inoperational)

But ultimately there is a switch in the XDMS "settings" (much the same as in TAS) which will turn off XDMS and turn on Roon. (presently inoperational)
Indeed:)

The TAS service allows switching between Roon and TAS. Having Roon run simultaneously with XDMS has an impact on the sound quality. But please note that these kinds of questions are better posted in the Discord XDMS channel where we will focus on the Alpha release. That way, we keep this thread more interesting and manageable for those who have not opted to be testers.

If you wish to join the Discord Channel, email support@taikoaudio.com with your DAC and Extreme Serial number and we will send you an invitation.
Duly applied for membership in the Discord channel.

Version 5 uploaded seamlessly here. Looking very good and sounding excellent. Noticed a few more functions including the "Log" within the settings icon. Looks like option to favorite albums as well. Everything stable. No hi-res yet but I am starting to forget all about that as streaming 16/44 just sounds phenomenal and is close to playing the same songs in hi-res off the Extreme itself. Thanks to the team!

Last edited:
Christian, what has changed (apart from the return to the bucket) in this version 5

Version 5 uploaded seamlessly here. Looking very good and sounding excellent. Noticed a few more functions including the "Log" within the settings icon. Everything stable. No hi-res yet but I am starting to forget all about that as streaming 16/44 just sounds phenomenal and is close to playing the same songs in hi-res off the Extreme itself. Thanks to the team!
I totally agree about 16/44.1. Best I’ve eve rheard. So much so that format has come to better less and less to me. Just give me native and hit me with your best shot and I’m a happy camper. i love being part of this and seeing the software get better along with the expectation of some new hardware showing up (hopefully this quarter)

A question about switching DACs.
A friend wants to bring over his new Rossini, which I'm sure the taiko driver supports.

Is this plug-play, or do I have to stop and restart the player and server? (Alpha)
Anything I have to change in taiko driver?

Last edited:
A question about switching DACs.
A friend wants to bring over his new Rossini, which I'm sure the taiko driver supports.

Is this plug-play, or do I have to stop and restart the player and server? (Alpha)
Anything I have to change in taiko driver?
Both DAC's are 24 bit, so Plug and Play and no need to change settings in XDMS

dCS likes USB3 profile run from Extreme Desktop

@All XDMS users, regarding Track Order in Albums...

Please note that while the My Library - Folders functionality works well and is very snappy, the tracks within an album in the Folder Album View are sometimes showing in an incorrect order. We will address this in a next build by skipping the Folder Album view altogether and going straight to the main Album View, which does have the correct meta-data-derived track order.

Note that, for now, you can go to the main Album view by tapping the CD-case icon top right, indicated by the red circle below.

34861_ALBUM.png

Last edited:
Christian, what has changed (apart from the return to the bucket) in this version 5
We implemented changes (authentication and timing logic) to make the streaming functionality more robust in all countries.

We added a logger to help investigate if and when there are issues.

The Buckets (still to be renamed) now correctly represent the first and last albums in a batch (do note that the buckets show ~344 items instead of 200, this will be corrected in a later version).

Last edited:

Please note that while the My Library - Folders functionality works well and is very snappy, the tracks within an album in the Folder Album View are sometimes showing in an incorrect order. We will address this in a next build by skipping the Folder Album view altogether and going straight to the main Album View, which does have the correct meta-data-derived track order.

Note that, for now, you can go to the main Album view by tapping the CD-case icon top right, indicated by the red circle below.

View attachment 98622

Please do not drop folder view, even temporarily. I can still add an album track by track, but at least I can navigate and find my music.
I know it will be fixed eventually but folder view is the only way I can sanely get to my music and the main reason I've never been able to live, even for a short while, with roon.

Reactions: nonesup

Please do not drop folder view especially given that artist view doesn't work. Folder view is a fail-safe way to get to all the music.

Please do not drop folder view especially given that artist view doesn't work. Folder view is a fail-safe way to get to all the music.
It's all I use since XDMS was released

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing