Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

MarcelNL

Mar 15, 2021
MIND READER!!! I called my neighbor up he's an electrician, he gave up after 15 minutes...
I wish someone would make a decent 5.2/ 5.5 connector, preferably in UPOCC no plating and allowing use of 14AWG wire

Reactions: John T

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
They will not succumb to any pressure to ship quickly. They will ship when everything is fine and dandy.

We have flashed the new firmware. We’re currently machining the new “heatsinks”, will continue over the weekend and they should be finished by Monday. Then we have to finish them, mount them and pack. I’m pretty confident we’ll be able to ship before the next weekend.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
The much awaited pearl of the day....you rock Emile

I’m pretty confident we’ll be able to ship before the next weekend.

theaudiogeek

Apr 4, 2018
Some confusion may stem from this project's ongoing development. At some point in time, we were not confident that the BPS could fit inside the Extreme, until we cracked that nut. This is how it often is with announced developments: as we proceed, we may find better ways of doing things, and these can invalidate earlier pieces of information.

As a result of this process, and as I gather information for the Summary Docs linearly, my documents may sometimes start to contain outdated info. When I receive updated info, I edit the docs and post an update.

Please note that I have created a new Downloads page on the Taiko website where all our documentation and other downloads can be found. This page also includes the product summaries for upcoming products and I make sure to always have the latest versions posted there.

https://taikoaudio.com/taiko-2020/taiko-audio-downloads

With all that said, I have just re-edited the BPS doc to make it as clear as I can. This version is hopefully no longer open to interpretation. But if there are any remaining uncertainties, do not hesitate to let me know!
Thanks Christian. Reading the summary, smaller bps powering both switch and router will be a killer combo. I cannot even imagine what the sound quality is going to be...fingers crossed.

jelt2359

Nov 17, 2020
Another affordable option may be the new statement lps from plixir:

A49BA138-BA02-4D7C-A91C-0A2C41B89761.jpeg

This photo is taken from a review in Hong Kong, apparently the switch and this new lps is a great match!

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Another affordable option may be the new statement lps from plixir:

View attachment 106868

This photo is taken from a review in Hong Kong, apparently the switch and this new lps is a great match!

Thanks jelt2359.
Actually I'm translating it to English just now and will start a new thread on WBF later today.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Translation to English done.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Translation to English done.

He should probably try without the Daiza. I personally don’t like the combination. We are actually discontinuing the Daiza platforms because they don’t work well with some of our new products and with a growing staff and accompanying overhead they just aren’t a good fit anymore in the portfolio.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
He should probably try without the Daiza. I personally don’t like the combination. We are actually discontinuing the Daiza platforms because they don’t work well with some of our new products and with a growing staff and accompanying overhead they just aren’t a good fit anymore in the portfolio.
Thanks Emile for the advice.

Don't worry, I shall test the Switch with diff footers/platforms once I have received mine.
;)

Reactions: Taiko Audio

John T

Feb 15, 2022
A good quality LPS is a must with the switch. While waiting on a connector for a cable, I used the included wall wart. Big jump in dynamics with a LPS. Looking forward to the new network card to hear full potential...

cmarin

VIP/Donor
Jul 16, 2011
Texas
Emile,

What Taiko products (other than the switch) do you specifically include that aren’t a good fit with the Daizas ? And what do you recommend instead of the a Daizas?

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Emile,

What Taiko products (other than the switch) do you specifically include that aren’t a good fit with the Daizas ? And what do you recommend instead of the a Daizas?

The Daiza is great with anything made out of Aluminum and specifically designed for that, not so great with something made out of copper, steel or acryl.

RUIN*ish

VIP/Donor
Nov 28, 2021
Bps:
Version built into Extreme/new style case is considered the, "Big" BPS?
If so, will this version have two additional dc outputs for switch and router on back?
Mn

RUIN*ish

VIP/Donor
Nov 28, 2021
3, but we may decide to increase that.
Ok.
The lack of a dc fly lead to the Extreme makes this option, to me, the best potential for improvement in sq...
With "3" additional dc outputs and an exchange program, it's a no-brainer...

Will the case be of aluminum?

Mn

Last edited:

MusicFellow

Jan 3, 2022
Emile, do you have a rough estimate as to when you have the final pricing for the various BPS options? If I remember correctly the BPS was said to be released around May. So it would be great to know some time ahead how many of those pennies need to be in that audiophile piggy bank.

Reactions: SwissTom

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Emile, do you have a rough estimate as to when you have the final pricing for the various BPS options? If I remember correctly the BPS was said to be released around May. So it would be great to know some time ahead how many of those pennies need to be in that audiophile piggy bank.

And pictures of the options as well!

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
I received my Switch today courtesy of FedEx. Two observations:

1) I wondered, what the hell could possibly be in this thing and what might its specific gravity possibly be?
So I looked it up. Here's the table I found:

Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 11.26.48 PM.png

2) I was only able to listen briefly before I headed out to Carnegie to hear The Philadelphia Orchestra play Stravinsky's Rite of Spring and wondered if what I was about to hear would be as good as what I heard through the Taiko Switch. :cool:

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing