Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Has anyone managed to fit a spade of one of Shunyata's new ground wires into the Switch's ground screw? If you have succeeded, I would appreciate if you send a picture.

Hi Emile.
Of the two connection possibilities: from below or from above, the first is not possible due to lack of space. From above the problem is that the screw should be further out, since as it currently is, the spade hits the upper projection of the Switch and cannot be placed.

Attachments

• 7C9B967B-AB2D-47E0-B8EA-49D9EA5BA563.jpeg
    7C9B967B-AB2D-47E0-B8EA-49D9EA5BA563.jpeg
    507.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 568554EF-56F3-4AAD-945D-059654724EB8.jpeg
    568554EF-56F3-4AAD-945D-059654724EB8.jpeg
    718.2 KB · Views: 88
In the red circle, the upper projection with which it collides.

Attachments

• FB6E0A29-1755-45EE-8101-7CC465B613DD.jpeg
    FB6E0A29-1755-45EE-8101-7CC465B613DD.jpeg
    645.4 KB · Views: 75
I'll give it a try when I put the DAC cable in.
Perhaps for successive chassis, you could make the base where the screw sits about 5mm larger, I think that would solve the problem.
Regards

I'll give it a try when I put the DAC cable in.
Perhaps for successive chassis, you could make the base where the screw sits about 5mm larger, I think that would solve the problem.
Regards
I am using a Granite Audio Ground Zero ground cable which attaches to a Shunyata Everest. Perhaps my spade is slightly larger than the spade
you are trying to attach here. It is a tight fit but I was able to make it work.

Attachments

• 20230331_074637.jpg
    20230331_074637.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 101
I am using a Granite Audio Ground Zero ground cable which attaches to a Shunyata Everest. Perhaps my spade is slightly larger than the spade
you are trying to attach here. It is a tight fit but I was able to make it work.
My mistake, perhaps my spade is slightly smaller than yours.

I was finally able to insert the spade, loosening the screw a lot, not ideal, but it works.

I was finally able to insert the spade, loosening the screw a lot, not ideal, but it works.
You probably have the larger (6-8mm) spade from Shunyata. I used the smaller (4-6mm) size and had no issue connecting it to the Switch. Hope this helps. (Can't get a photo because my Switch is "buried" under a bunch of stuff; but trust me ;))

yes my spade is 6-8mm

yes my spade is 6-8mm
That's it then. Shunyata can just send you the 4-6mm and you're good. You’re welcome, btw.

Note that Shunyata also makes these small "donut" connectors, which you can use on small chassis screws (assuming the chassis is connected to AC ground):

WVL PSU Ground Ring copy.jpg

Last edited:
Hard to believe, the NEW card is "on the way".....very exciting. Arriving Monday. Like Carly Simon said "Anticipation". Or in other words, look what the Easter Bunny is bringing!

I got notification as well. This thread has been on pause for the last 10 days I am betting an explosion of posts when The Good Ship Lollipop arrives at all of our homes. Kudos to Emile and the Taiko team for not only finding a quick fix but so also finding that the added heat sink improves the overall SQ.

Up next I’m assuming will be the router in a few weeks.

Then the new Extreme

Emile did say that there are 17 projects in the pipeline to be released over the next few years. One can only imagine what’s coming next.

Im also hoping that at some point Emile can share up to date information on the new interface he designed, when it will be available and the new cable for this interface. I share Emile’s vision that this interface could become the new industry standard and making obsolete our amazing Taiko USB card. To think it will be better than that has me salivating

Taiko rocks

The waiting is like bring a kid and knowing you’re going to get something good in the next few days.

I just got all tracking info and mine has cleared customs and I have a Monday before noon guaranty delivery and here I am already looking out my window. :)

pretty amazing for a solution to a problem many of us were having with the new network cards. So from report of issues to doing deep dive investigation of cause with a multitude of very expensive engineers the cause was quickly rooted out and heat sinks were added after firmware changes resulting in not only a fix to the problem but some more improvement in SQ. Oh, and did I say no charge to any of us all in under 2 weeks.

Customer service to we users as always has been essentially painless as we will be receiving return labels for the old card soon after we receive the new card.

do we know if all the network cards went out?

No, they have not are going out only a certain amount made it out today. Next week for the rest.

The waiting is like bring a kid and knowing you’re going to get something good in the next few days.

I just got all tracking info and mine has cleared customs and I have a Monday before noon guaranty delivery and here I am already looking out my window. :)

pretty amazing for a solution to a problem many of us were having with the new network cards. So from report of issues to doing deep dive investigation of cause with a multitude of very expensive engineers the cause was quickly rooted out and heat sinks were added after firmware changes resulting in not only a fix to the problem but some more improvement in SQ. Oh, and did I say no charge to any of us all in under 2 weeks.

Customer service to we users as always has been essentially painless as we will be receiving return labels for the old card soon after we receive the new card.

What kind of customer service is this? I got my switch and card a month ago, got it installed and was very pleased with the improvement that I heard. I have not had any problem with it since installing - not a single blip, despite leaving it running all day on occasions. So it came as a complete surprise to me to receive a FedEx notification of a delivery due next week from Taiko. What, why? Then I get an email from Taiko telling me that a new network card is on its way and that I will receive a further email with a return label for shipping the old card back to them.

I am entirely happy with my purchase and was not expecting anything. I would have had no complaints if they had just ignored me and avoided the cost of ‘upgrading’ me. As we have learned, that is not the Taiko way and one cannot fail to be impressed - shocked even - by their diligence and customer care. Quite amazing really. Thank you!

Last edited:
Good afternoon

Emile
Have you any idea if the new case design with bps inside will have the feet in the same positions as existing the Extreme?
Marc

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu