Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

It blows me away to think that Taiko researched an issue, diagnosed the problem, confirmed the fix, manufactured parts, tested new cards with new part, packed and shipped to a 100+ customers in two weeks. Come on, that doesn't even sound physically possible, yet that's what they did.
High performance teams will move mountains.

Mn

Emile

The router has a dedicated wifi access point for the extreme?
Will there be whole house wifi access?
Mn

Gorgeous ! :)

At some point I feel it might be a good idea to change the picture of the network card on the Taiko Audio website. The new version of the card with the heat-sink is definitely sexier! :p
Good point! I just updated them:)

Reactions: SwissTom
Is this the proper bracket shape or did it bend during shipment? Just want to get the positioning correct before I install it.

2023-04-10 09.37.56.jpg

It blows me away to think that Taiko researched an issue, diagnosed the problem, confirmed the fix, manufactured parts, tested new cards with new part, packed and shipped to a 100+ customers in two weeks. Come on, that doesn't even sound physically possible, yet that's what they did.
yup....I just checked and mine is on the truck out for delivery before noon. Taiko rules supreme.

Is this the proper bracket shape or did it bend during shipment? Just want to get the positioning correct before I install it.

View attachment 107457
I'm afraid it bent during transport. The bracket is supposed to be entirely linear, following the same geometry as the side of the copper block in a straight line. The copper is quite soft and easy to bend in position. The below picture shows how it should be. If you bend it back you should have no issues installing it.

Extreme Network Card w. heatsink 02B8A6A0-D596-4064-8584-2A5C687E4913.jpeg

Reactions: iain
That was sort of a no-brainer, don't you think?

No. I would not have expected it to be packaged in such a way that it could be bent during shipment.

And as of now I cannot connect to the Extreme via the card so I don't know what to think.

No. I would not have expected it to be packaged in such a way that it could be bent during shipment.
Sure, but looking at it, there would be no way that it could be installed.

Hopefully others will have better success than I have had with the new card. It is installed; windows recognizes it; the network does not.

Hopefully others will have better success than I have had with the new card. It is installed; windows recognizes it; the network does not.
Are you sure the DAC cable or SFP module is fully seated? Some users report that it needs an extra nudge. I'm sure you know this, but just in case, the network card has its own MAC Address and will be handed a new IP address by the router, so long as DHCP is enabled. Your app may need to reconnect to it. Sometimes, a router restart can jump-start this.

Crazy, was the packaging heavily damaged?

No, but the card can freely move within the box since there isn't a molded insert. The card is in a plastic bag and that bag sits between the cardboard and a piece of soft foam.

Are you sure the DAC cable or SFP module is fully seated? Some users report that it needs an extra nudge. I'm sure you know this, but just in case, the network card has its own MAC Address and will be handed a new IP address by the router, so long as DHCP is enabled. Your app may need to reconnect to it. Sometimes, a router restart can jump-start this.

Everything has been reseated. I have restarted the switch twice. I will try restarting my router.

Everything has been reseated. I have restarted the switch twice. I will try restarting my router.
If you are you referring to the Taiko Extreme Switch, please also try a direct connection from your router or a regular switch to the Extreme network card to troubleshoot. I doubt that the card is the culprit but this will determine that.

Reactions: Steve Williams
The new card has a different MAC address so your router will assign a new IP address to it.

I assumed that. I have been trying to find it via a network scan app. In control panel it doesn't not show any connection.

I am able to connect to the card directly. Looks like the switch is the issue. CP, I will contact you via DM.

No, but the card can freely move within the box since there isn't a molded insert. The card is in a plastic bag and that bag sits between the cardboard and a piece of soft foam.
If the card could move within the packaging, enough to bend that way, it could always have broken with the blows of transport.

If the card could move within the packaging, enough to bend that way, it could always have broken with the blows of transport.

The card is working now so the only damage seems to have been the bracket.

Reactions: Steve Williams

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing