Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

John T

Feb 15, 2022
I have my hopes up that Ed will be able to make it. Everyone needs to meet Ed as he is the key to XDMS evolving to where it is today
This sounds like fun Steve! keep us posted end of summer works well for me...John

Reactions: Taiko Audio

John T

Feb 15, 2022
Reactions: Taiko Audio

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
For the many Taiko fans on WBF I ran into the ever jovial and effervescent Emil and his team today in Munich today. Here they are! Their room with Lampizator and Alysvox sounded quite good despite the less than stellar room conditions at the MOC.

Attachments

• PXL_20230519_123703159.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230519_123703159.PORTRAIT.jpg
    752.5 KB · Views: 81

nuway

Jun 26, 2019
Hi Emile: Any ETA for the silver finish for both Switch & Router? . All the best for you and your team in Munich.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Hi Emile: Any ETA for the silver finish for both Switch & Router? . All the best for you and your team in Munich.

Closing in, but we haven’t been able to match the colour just yet, we’re waiting on 2 samples right now with different finishing methods, and thank you!

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
For the many Taiko fans on WBF I ran into the ever jovial and effervescent Emil and his team today in Munich today. Here they are! Their room with Lampizator and Alysvox sounded quite good despite the less than stellar room conditions at the MOC.
Yes, it has been nice to meet Emile and Ed both in person at the Munich show. For my ears the Alsyvox system is the best sounding show presentation there, among many very fine sounding exhibits. I'm sure the Taiko/Lampi source is a key part of this, as well as the Pilium amplification on the Alsyvox. Show conditions always factor into these events, but I hear quite a spectrum of better sound at this show than I have at the regional US shows I've attended, and that's quite a compliment to this system to show so well in this mix.

gereric

Sep 30, 2018
I wonder if with the Taiko DAC when it is available can one go directly into one's amplifier. Will the Taiko server + DAC have a volume control?

jelt2359

Nov 17, 2020
I wonder if with the Taiko DAC when it is available can one go directly into one's amplifier. Will the Taiko server + DAC have a volume control?
Even if they do, it's likely to be a software volume control- whether you think it's worth using or not is up to you.

I'll likely be looking at using a pre with it personally.

Kris

Mar 4, 2019
Can someone please make detailed pictures of all equipement
including power distribution of the Taiko / Alsyvox / Pilium/ Lampi room ?
I am surprised they were able to fit Rafaello in such a small room with very good result.

MusicFellow

Jan 3, 2022
Didn’t manage to find Emile at the show, but talked to Bob from Rhapsody Audio, which was a real pleasure to meet in person!! Thank you, Bob. :)
… and the few tracks I was listening to sounded just stunning - the double bass and saxophone were spooky real, full of texture and the soundstage was to die for!

Last edited:

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Amazing .
What are the socket distribution devices you use ?
I remember you had P20 in the past , than I noticed you used pure power 6 .
Now there are few that I dont know.
looking for the ultimate power distribution solution.
cant decide what to try.

Those are from Omega Audio Concepts.

Since we had our dedicated utility transformer tap installed I haven’t used the P20 anymore. The pure power is a bit too lean for my tastes but it has good resolution, my preferred distribution box uses unplated “copper” sockets.

Reactions: Armsan

Kris

Mar 4, 2019
Those are from Omega Audio Concepts.

Since we had our dedicated utility transformer tap installed I haven’t used the P20 anymore. The pure power is a bit too lean for my tastes but it has good resolution, my preferred distribution box uses unplated “copper” sockets.
Thank you.
I wish I could be there.

it looks I need exactly something with copper only to balance very strong high frequency.
I love it but with longer sessions it might be to much of a good thing .
So that is omega or something else that is your top socket distribution box ?

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Thank you.
I wish I could be there.

it looks I need exactly something with copper only to balance very strong high frequency.
I love it but with longer sessions it might be to much of a good thing .
So that is omega or something else that is your top socket distribution box ?

A “DIY” strip which unfortunately is not for sale, photos for entertainment value only:

dbe84dd0-b8b9-4e30-aa10-609ad88f75e0.jpeg

f5d04561-eb2f-4bf8-b397-b8b0a64d87f1.jpeg
c23b29c5-8e0c-45b1-8d54-5b56db436ade.jpeg

John T

Feb 15, 2022

simorag

Sep 14, 2017
Florence, Italy
Amazing .
What are the socket distribution devices you use ?
I remember you had P20 in the past , than I noticed you used pure power 6 .
Now there are few that I dont know.
looking for the ultimate power distribution solution.
cant decide what to try.

I am looking for a power distribution upgrade as well. My Niagara 5000 and a Denali 6000T were both outperformed by a Faber's Power Ground Power Six during a home audition I had recently, so I am now intrigued by unfiltered distributors. I will try their top of the line La Potenza distributor as soon as I get the chance.

1684599219812.png
A friend strongly recommended the JMF Audio PCD 102, a very expensive unit, especially with sources, which however does filtering. Has anyone here experience with it?

1684599372908.png

Anyway I will be waiting for the Taiko BPS options before to decide what to do, although the anticipated pricing being "above the Extreme cost itself" would be beyond what I can afford.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kris and John T

Kris

Mar 4, 2019
A “DIY” strip which unfortunately is not for sale, photos for entertainment value only:

View attachment 109906

View attachment 109907
View attachment 109908
This looks fantastic Emile !
I believe most of us will be willing to purchese it immediate if you decide to build more .
People being happy with Taiko extreme , Taiko switch , Taiko usb and net card will for sure be happy
with Taiko power strip.
I hope there is very thick wire inside to support all 8 sockets.

Just think about it and if possible put that on your long to do list .
I keep waiting As long as needed.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing