Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

takacs75

Nov 17, 2020
Hungary
I am looking for a power distribution upgrade as well. My Niagara 5000 and a Denali 6000T were both outperformed by a Faber's Power Ground Power Six during a home audition I had recently, so I am now intrigued by unfiltered distributors. I will try their top of the line La Potenza distributor as soon as I get the chance.

View attachment 109912
A friend strongly recommended the JMF Audio PCD 102, a very expensive unit, especially with sources, which however does filtering. Has anyone here experience with it?

View attachment 109913

Anyway I will be waiting for the Taiko BPS options before to decide what to do, although the anticipated pricing being "above the Extreme cost itself" would be beyond what I can afford.
1 more vote for the JMF. I have the bigger brother the PCD302. I’ve heard many power conditioners including the P20. Nothing came even close to JMF. Quite shocking :)

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012

RGB.

Apr 9, 2021
Since we had our dedicated utility transformer tap installed I haven’t used the P20 anymore. The pure power is a bit too lean for my tastes but it has good resolution
@Taiko Audio As a P12 user myself, with a plan to connect a (non NCF) Pure Power to one of the four P12 outlets, and connect three Sean Jacobs PSU for the digital DC-need into the Pure Power. With your experience does that “ P12 – Pure Power – SJx3” sound feasible or not to you?

This is a year I really would have liked to be in Munich, thanks to your innovation!

PhoenixRising

Jan 2, 2021
I am looking for a power distribution upgrade as well. My Niagara 5000 and a Denali 6000T were both outperformed by a Faber's Power Ground Power Six during a home audition I had recently, so I am now intrigued by unfiltered distributors. I will try their top of the line La Potenza distributor as soon as I get the chance.

View attachment 109912
A friend strongly recommended the JMF Audio PCD 102, a very expensive unit, especially with sources, which however does filtering. Has anyone here experience with it?

View attachment 109913

Anyway I will be waiting for the Taiko BPS options before to decide what to do, although the anticipated pricing being "above the Extreme cost itself" would be beyond what I can afford.
I've not heard it, though + 1 on the JMF PCD102 through the grapevine......
Also check out the Sound Application TT-7......
Many endorsements on Jim's website, including Mo-Fi; similar price to JMF
He's been at it for 30 years !

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle

View attachment 109912

I‘m getting a demo of the S.I.N. Audio soon. It may be worth chevking out. OZ should be able to set you up for a demo.

S.I.N. Audio

Reactions: simorag

nuway

Jun 26, 2019
Have any Extreme Owners or Emile tried the Netgear M5 modem/router using 5G T-Mobile. I have one for travel and tried yesterday. Just 5G built in wireless in low power mode. 2.4G off. No time yet to listen extensively but In my system It went, at least, two steps above of my dedicated current ATT fiber 1tb. I just tried M5-Bluejean Cat6-Melco-DAC to Extreme (old Fiber Card). Look forward to get the silver Switch-Router when available.

Reactions: simorag

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
Have any Extreme Owners or Emile tried the Netgear M5 modem/router using 5G T-Mobile. I have one for travel and tried yesterday. Just 5G built in wireless in low power mode. 2.4G off. No time yet to listen extensively but In my system It went, at least, two steps above of my dedicated current ATT fiber 1tb. I just tried M5-Bluejean Cat6-Melco-DAC to Extreme (old Fiber Card). Look forward to get the silver Switch-Router when available.
Thanks for the data point Carlos, this was on my to-do list once I had calibrated on the mAP Lite.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
as Mel Brooks' said, "it's good to be king"

@Taiko Audio -- are you using the switch + router + power distributor + xdms in Munich?

We don’t use the router nor xdms because of the ”large” number of “deejays” as we don’t have a XDMS remote for iphones. We do use 2 DC distributors/filters, one for the switch and one to “fix” the fritzbox router provided by the MOC. It’s surprisingly effective!

Reactions: oldmustang

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
@Taiko Audio As a P12 user myself, with a plan to connect a (non NCF) Pure Power to one of the four P12 outlets, and connect three Sean Jacobs PSU for the digital DC-need into the Pure Power. With your experience does that “ P12 – Pure Power – SJx3” sound feasible or not to you?

This is a year I really would have liked to be in Munich, thanks to your innovation!

I would just use one SJ psu and a DC distributor.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com

I have not.

MOTU

Oct 17, 2019

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
I’d order one in an instant. Will it become commercially available?

Well we’re currently not planning to, we wouldn’t have the machining capacity for it right now, it’s a lot of machining! It starts at about 50kg of copper leaving 19.1kg.. We do have a much larger new CNC machine arriving in about a month which might accommodate this. But still this is not a cheap piece, we’d have to charge atleast the equivalent of a Furutech pure power 6e ncf for it.. On the plus side it should not increase the load on our support department.

MOTU

Oct 17, 2019
Well we’re currently not planning to, we wouldn’t have the machining capacity for it right now, it’s a lot of machining! It starts at about 50kg of copper leaving 19.1kg.. We do have a much larger new CNC machine arriving in about a month which might accommodate this. But still this is not a cheap piece, we’d have to charge atleast the equivalent of a Furutech pure power 6e ncf for it.. On the plus side it should not increase the load on our support department.
Would order one in an instant. :)

jelt2359

Nov 17, 2020
What receptacles do you use for it? I hope not the Furutech ncf’s… they damp the sound a bit too much for my liking.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
What receptacles do you use for it? I hope not the Furutech ncf’s… they damp the sound a bit too much for my liking.

Currently Oyaide but I’m not completely satisfied with them, they do impart a degree of mainly midrange colouration. I’ve already discarded furutech ncf, mainly due to “flat imaging” and overly accentuated upper range. The “problem” with this powerstrip is it’s very clear/transparent which makes socket colourations more obvious.

Reactions: jelt2359

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing