Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Not sure if this has been answered before? Any concerns if the router and the switch are stacked (assuming the finish is protected)?
I have asked this before and I think Emile said it‘s totally fine if I remember correctly. As you pointed out Emile also said just make sure you do not scratch the surface by moving them around once stacked.

Last edited:
Do those of you who are now receiving communications from DHL remember, what date did you make the purchase?

I ordered May 1 and haven’t received a shipping notification.

My dealer confirmed to me today that he also sent my order dated May 1st.

Do those of you who are now receiving communications from DHL remember, what date did you make the purchase?
May 1, Francisco. I ordered directly from Taiko.

Steve Z

My guess is that not all orders placed on May 1st have been out by now (mine didn’t :) ), so no need for sheer panic just yet
Just curiosity. Without panicking (yet….)

Greetings audio fanatics, I have two 3 day tickets to Capital Audio fest that I won't be able to use due to conflicts that arose for those dates (Nov 10-12)
I am offering them free to the first person to pm me with a request for them. They are in pdf format. You can print them or just show them at entry on your phone.
enjoy...

Reactions: iain
Greetings audio fanatics, I have two 3 day tickets to Capital Audio fest that I won't be able to use due to conflicts that arose for those dates (Nov 10-12)
I am offering them free to the first person to pm me with a request for them. They are in pdf format. You can print them or just show them at entry on your phone.
enjoy...
Tickets are gone....

Not sure if this has been answered before? Any concerns if the router and the switch are stacked (assuming the finish is protected)?
Thank you!
Indeed, there is no problem with stacking in terms of operation, but you have to be careful not to let the top unit slide off, as that may leave deep marks on the bottom unit. The best way to avoid that is to use rubber footers or rubber pads, but that will affect the sound...

Reactions: theaudiogeek
Indeed, there is no problem with stacking in terms of operation, but you have to be careful not to let the top unit slide off, as that may leave deep marks on the bottom unit. The best way to avoid that is to use rubber footers or rubber pads, but that will affect the sound...
seems to me the best advice would be not to stack them for both potential cosmetic issues as well as degradation in SQ if rubber pads are used

seems to me the best advice would be not to stack them for both potential cosmetic issues as well as degradation in SQ if rubber pads are used
Yes, I would not advise stacking and for the best sound quality recommend supporting both units on their own footers or with after-market footers independently. But if there is not enough rack real estate or if there are aesthetic reasons, then it is technically no problem to stack them.

Reactions: theaudiogeek
FWIW, my unit arrived in Los Angeles last night and is now in Santa Ana and probable delivery today but possibly tomorrow. I was more than shocked at the minimal WayBill charges at customs. I thought we would be liable for $100's of dollars of import taxes. My waybill charge was $42

Im stoked and have cleared space on the shelf beside my switch and LPS. :cool:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing