Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Thank you @Taiko Audio and the team for getting me setup with the right length of grounding screw:
(new one on left)

Attachments

• IMG_3150.jpg
    IMG_3150.jpg
    554.7 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: oldmustang
Testing testing 1 2 3.. Seems to work fine :)

@Taiko Audio

Hi Emile,

I can't wait to read your announcement!!! :D:D

I imagine there'll be a lot of new toys. :D

As for me, I'm really looking forward to the Extreme Server BPS.

Not to mention the new card(s) it's going to come with.

Will there be a new website too?

All the best for the final tests

Cheers,

Thomas

@Taiko Audio
I can't wait to read your announcement!!! :D:D

Coming soon, in the final stages, we’re not far off working 24/7 on it!

@Taiko Audio
I imagine there'll be a lot of new toys. :D

Quite a few indeed.

@Taiko Audio
As for me, I'm really looking forward to the Extreme Server BPS.

I can share right now that the BPS upgrade for the Extreme will be available as an external upgrade option which does not require shipping the Extreme back to us. A one box Extreme is a different story. More details to follow but not answering questions on it yet to retain our current pace of development.

@Taiko Audio
Will there be a new website too?

Yes!

Are there any news about shipment of more chrome routers?

Great news!

May I ask meanwhile for a
“How to best rip Cds (SACDs) onto the Taiko extreme for digital dummies”
”How to upload from highresaudio.com and similar sources for digital dummies”

As an utter dork in things digital … I would really appreciate that.

Great news!

Dork here too. I had mine uploaded by Taiko. Just send them a text message. I essentially don’t listen to either Qobuz or Tidal anymore, but only my uploaded files. Taiko will get the majority uploaded for you. For the rest of the files to be properly uploaded all of us will have to wait for newer updates to their process … Happy Trails.

Great news!

This is done by standard network file sharing.

You can reach out to support@taikoaudio.com to schedule a “how to session” and/or “please do it for me” in case the manual explanation reads like gibberish to you.

Section 6.6 / page 17 : https://taikoaudio.com/taiko-2020/w...treme-Manual_v00_15.x22069.pdf?v=796834e7a283

I wanted to thank Ted for his fantastic help on Sunday with my Router that after a factory restore
( performed due to the same mac address on LAN and WAN) was unable to turn the Wifi back on.
All issues fixed as of now via Team Viewer.
Thank you Ted !

Dear Emile.
After tons of experiments with different scenarios I got to the point that the length of the network cables is critical in my system.
would you mind sharing all your network components and pathway from modem to the extreme with length of all cables you use ? It could be very useful to know exact routers and swiches that might be on the company side of the network.
for the pictures of your room it looks you must have a very long network cables.

I wanted to thank Ted for his fantastic help on Sunday with my Router that after a factory restore
( performed due to the same mac address on LAN and WAN) was unable to turn the Wifi back on.
All issues fixed as of now via Team Viewer.
Thank you Ted !
Possible same issue here. No ssid.
Did factory restore. No joy..
Ed spent 4 hours working on it.. Thanks again Ed.
Ted is up to bat next...
We'll see what happens.
Mn

Dear Emile.
After tons of experiments with different scenarios I got to the point that the length of the network cables is critical in my system.
would you mind sharing all your network components and pathway from modem to the extreme with length of all cables you use ? It could be very useful to know exact routers and swiches that might be on the company side of the network.
for the pictures of your room it looks you must have a very long network cables.
@Kris .. You are comparing different lengths of the same standard Ethernet cable? What lengths?

Im going to compare my current 70’ cat6 to single mode fiber.

But I don’t think I would be able to hear differences between shorter cat6 cables!

The latest update with Roon, dull, flat, uninspiring. Been listening to Roon for several weeks, has been sounding great. Now after the latest update, the aforementioned observations. WTF!! XDMS compared to what I am hearing now with Roon, blows it out of the water! Not close! Frustrating!! It "was" very close between the two...I don't understand this shit...BTW I'm on build 1353, latest version on the Extreme, and 1303 on the ipad. No latest update given to me for the ipad...

Last edited:
The latest update with Roon, dull, flat, uninspiring. Been listening to Roon for several weeks, has been sounding great. Now after the latest update, the aforementioned observations. WTF!! XDMS compared to what I am hearing now with Roon, blows it out of the water! Not close! Frustrating!! It "was" very close between the two...I don't understand this shit...

What build of Roon are you running and when did you update?

What build of Roon are you running and when did you update?
I just added the builds on my post,1353 Extreme, 1303 on the ipad. The ipad has not prompted me for an update...

I think the Extreme update was either Friday or yesterday..

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing