The best plug in filter ever!

Ha! Sorry, but you are the one promoting and advertising here. Thank you. highstream.
Just the normal variations in price over time.
Classy.

Yes, I developed the products. Let me say that although the suggested retail price may be nearly the same or higher, the eau4 delivers twice the performance of any product in the category and frequently at a generous discount. It is similar to having 2 eau2s. The eau2’s MSRP is also lower than the competition. Further the Powr Bar delivers more sockets for the buck than anything on the market plus ElectraClear designs are included.
Proof? Please validate these statements. Data, documentation, blind test’s similar to what has been done in the past at Alpha Audio https://www.alpha-audio.net/background/mass-test-plug-in-filters-an-impression-of-the-test-setup/

Proof? Please validate these statements. Data, documentation, blind test’s similar to what has been done in the past at Alpha Audio https://www.alpha-audio.net/background/mass-test-plug-in-filters-an-impression-of-the-test-setup/

If you read the Positive Feedback EAU-4 review, you'll find that accolades for Bill Stierhout’s initial products go back to reviews in The Absolute Sound and Stereophile in the late 1990's/early 2000's. And the fact that Nordost bought his harmonic resonance work for products that many of us now use and recommend says a lot (including the QK1, which was one of the two favorites in the Alpha Audio test, and the QV2, which one of the two reviewers also liked). The fact that Bill promoted his products here quite clumsily doesn't take away from that.

If you want measurements and blind tests, I suggest you head over to the ASR thread. Listening -- how it sounds -- has been the only criteria here. If you wish a sampling on that score, there is a thread or two on Audiogon where virtually all of the contributors raved about the sonic benefits of their range of ADD-Powr products and its technology. The developer's counterproductive marketing behavior here notwithstanding, that puts his products in the category of one's I'd consider.

Hello and good afternoon to you, gentlemen (and ladies as well). The WBF does not hand out a "Industry Expert" title status like candy. Please allow me to remind you of the TOS of this forum concerning this particular aspect -

Terms of Service said:
13. If you work in any industry relevant to the topics discussed in our forum, you must show that clearly in your signature. While we encourage our industry insiders to use their real names (or parts thereof), aliases are allowed as user names.

If you view on a mobile device, signatures are not seen. If you are on a desktop or laptop, they are.......unless you have disabled this option. If you do want to see a signature on a mobile device, then the solution has been provided to see it.

With that said, let's please stick to the topic at hand. Thank you.

Tom

Reactions: audiobomber
If you read the Positive Feedback EAU-4 review, you'll find that accolades for Bill Stierhout’s initial products go back to reviews in The Absolute Sound and Stereophile in the late 1990's/early 2000's. And the fact that Nordost bought his harmonic resonance work for products that many of us now use and recommend says a lot (including the QK1, which was one of the two favorites in the Alpha Audio test, and the QV2, which one of the two reviewers also liked). The fact that Bill promoted his products here quite clumsily doesn't take away from that.

If you want measurements and blind tests, I suggest you head over to the ASR thread. Listening -- how it sounds -- has been the only criteria here. If you wish a sampling on that score, there is a thread or two on Audiogon where virtually all of the contributors raved about the sonic benefits of their range of ADD-Powr products and its technology. The developer's counterproductive marketing behavior here notwithstanding, that puts his products in the category of one's I'd consider.
He made a blanket statement not me. I am asking for proof of his statement.

He made a blanket statement not me. I am asking for proof of his statement.

There's only proof in the listening. You can always try yourself. You referred to Alpha Audio's comparison of plug-ins, but there's solid piece of proof: one of the two that won, plus another that one reviewer also liked, were essentially if not entirely Bill's products and technology.

Last edited:
There's only proof in the listening. You can always try yourself. And the thing is that you referred to Alpha Audio's comparison of plug-ins, but there's some proof: one of the two that won, plus another that one reviewer also liked, were essentially if not entirely Bill's products and technology, but put out under Nordost's brand as a result of the earlier sale.
I know that and so do you. Time to slide on down the road.

First impressions of the SnubWay 100 hours in:

- It's size/shape prevents audiophile size connectors and similar sized adapters from being used -- plugged in fully -- underneath it, whether in a wall outlet or on my Regenerator. Would have thought they'd have caught that.

- No matter where I plug it in, the SnubWay's effect is to add lots of dynamic energy and volume (in both senses), thickness and a bit of smoothness (oddly with TV voices seem rougher). However, that energy seems to overrun or overwhelm the sense of clarity and delicacy that exists without it. Will see if this works out over time.

highstream,

Thanks for that review. Now that supposedly there are a 100 of these out there, I wonder if others feel the same.

ozzy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing