The best plug in filter ever!

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
thomask,
Are you the same person who started the thread on Audiogon?

ozzy

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
Update from Nasaman

nasaman​

407 posts
12-13-2022 at 09:54pm
@lowrider57 order it quickly because I think Mark is at his very last Puron. Next lot will arrive around new year and yes, lol, he won’t expose what technology they are using, but heck, it sure works great in my system.
I’m unable to do A/B test Puron with my HFC magnets because I already have 7 pieces of them in system so it’s not fair to say this.... the effect that this Puron benefits my system is greater than what I got from a single MC-05. But, here’s the twist, with HFC magnets, it just gets better one after another, but with just 1 Puron, I feel… completed and satisfied (or if it was the combo of HFC magnets + Puron?)
Happy listening

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US

nasaman​

408 posts
12-14-2022 at 12:39pm
Couldn’t resist its outstanding performance… I now have a 2nd Puron in my system.
This morning, after nearly 20 hours, my system was clearly undeniable became sweeter, nicer PRAT, more magical, 3D- so much more engaging … I just had to get my hand on a 2nd Puron.
A quick phone call and an hour later… met up with Mark and I got myself another one YES . Christmas this year came early.

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
@thomask , Is that correspondent aware and comfortable that his posts are being cut and paste verbatim from that forum in which he originally posted them onto another forum entirely where presumably he is not a member ? Perhaps a link might suffice.

Last edited:

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US

Nasaman keep upgrading his opinion.

I also enjoy music with three Furon filters in it.

As I plan to upgrade Line Magnetic 508 SET to LM monoblocks, I will try more tweaking after the amp upgrade.

Last edited:

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
I did not have much problem with hiss and noise.

But Puron still improve the sound by making bass tighter and overall soundstage more clear.

Thomas

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
thomask,
Are you the same person who started the thread on Audiogon?

ozzy
You wrote this in other forum thread.

The Puron filters did improve the video to the point that I will be purchasing them for that purpose.

I had not tried it on my old TV yet.

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019

So, an update:
Twisting and a turning...

You know this is a funny hobby. My first impression of the Puron filters as I reviewed was not good. But being the never ending tweaker that I am I continued to experiment.
What I found was the Puron filters did not work well at all plugged into my AudioQuest power conditioners. Plug them directly in the wall outlet before the power conditioner.

Now I find they also do not work as good being plugged in next to my Sorcer X4.
I then removed the Sorcer and tried them again, I ended up missing the Sorcer. So, believe it or not the solution was moving the Sorcer to another outlet. Case solved.

On video they are a no-brainer, highly recommended. But again, when I plugged them into my AudioQuest power conditioner the video improvement was negligible.

Now, that I have a handle on them, I will keep the 2 I have for my video and get a couple more to experiment further with my audio.

ozzy

Last edited:

Dogberry

Aug 24, 2022
"nasaman" was unaware his posts have been copied and pasted all over the place (I pm'd him at Audiogon and asked). And it's not just here and Audiogon that the OP is posting vigorously at, but the SH Forum too.
BTW, you should do your due diligence and Google the distributor, Mark Schifter. Interesting reading, particularly at audioholics. All those links were deleted at Audiogon when they were posted. The same distributor who is now posting under two different accounts at Audiogon (corepowertech and verafiaudio).

Last edited:

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
@thomask Why does nasaman's comments keep showing up in your posts?
I received my Puron and am experiencing outstanding improvements in SQ across the board. I started by playing orchestral music thru my Node2i, after about 15 minutes the massed strings had more detail yet kept their smooth presentation. The soundstage was more spacious than with my High Fidelity plug-ins alone, instruments had more air and space, bass was deep and tympani was tighter and more detailed.

I have 2 dedicated lines, both have HF MC-0.5's in the duplexes. Digital is plugged into an EquiCore 1800 with DeepCore 1800, analogue (preamp and amp) uses a Wiremold strip with one MC-0.5 and the Puron.

This is the most effective tweak I've used since adding the Core Power Equi=Core and quite possibly better than my 5 High Fidelity conditioners.

Congratulation Lowrider for getting nice result out of Puron.!

Reactions: Lowrider75

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing