The best plug in filter ever!

Lowrider75

Dec 4, 2019
I received my Puron and am experiencing outstanding improvements in SQ across the board. I started by playing orchestral music thru my Node2i, after about 15 minutes the massed strings had more detail yet kept their smooth presentation. The soundstage was more spacious than with my High Fidelity plug-ins alone, instruments had more air and space, bass was deep and tympani was tighter and more detailed.

I have 2 dedicated lines, both have HF MC-0.5's in the duplexes. Digital is plugged into an EquiCore 1800 with DeepCore 1800, analogue (preamp and amp) uses a Wiremold strip with one MC-0.5 and the Puron.

This is the most effective tweak I've used since adding the Core Power Equi=Core and quite possibly better than my 5 High Fidelity conditioners.

Congratulation Lowrider for getting nice result out of Puron.!
Thanks Thomas. I see you're still spreading the word. I wish they would launch a website.

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
I am curious about tonality. For some time, I've had an old Alan Maher QPI plug-in on the same Furutech GTX-D (G) receptacle as a PS Audio P15 Regenerator. It improves sonics, while keeping a degree of warmth. The past three days I've replaced it with a used Furutech NCF Clear Line plug-in. It immediately showed even better focus, clarity, soundstage width and quiet background. Not subtle. However, it seemed to be leaving any sense of warmth behind; the word sterile, as in emotionally sterile, kept coming to mind. Perhaps it need more time to re-burn in, but I'm interested in hearing reports about the Puron's affect on tonality in the sense I've raised it. Another option is ADD-POWR's ElectraClear Eau2 and Eau4, which uses a very different approach and has gotten rave reviews on Audiogon, but is not TweekGeek's favorite. He prefers the Stein Q5 Quantum Mains Filter -- https://steinmusic.com/essentials/q5/.

Last edited:
Reactions: tarquineous

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
Follow up: A few months ago, guys in the Netherlands with the regular YouTube videocast compared 10 power filters and really liked the Nordost QK1, followed by the Isotek (EVO3 Iso Plug?), far more than the others. They found that both sonically and with measurements the Furutech did nothing compared to their baseline setup, e.g., exactly the same as the electrical feed. I haven't listened (more re-burn in), but at least initially the difference it made vs. no filter or the Alan Maher filter was substantial and obvious. Unfortunately, they didn't look at the Puron or the Stein. They also for practical reasons used a power strip for testing, as opposed to the common practice of going directly into the open outlet that the conditioner is plugged into. Don’t know if that affected their results.

Last edited:

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
4 Hours + long?
I own the Evo 3 plug. I have one on each of my 3 dedicated lines. I also have a HF Helix Sig + and a Puron on each. Each of these plugin "add-ons" added quite a bit of resolution, depth and enjoyment. Highly recommended in my book.

Also, quite impressive with my dedicated video line /equipment the image/sharpness/color really pops.

ozzy

Last edited:

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
I cut it down to about 2 hrs. The session doesn't start until about 20 minutes in. Then I listened until they played music (3 tracks), spot listened to each piece with each plug-in, then their discussion after each one and finally the measurements and some of the discussion at the end. I was watching a downloaded file of the session on my TV/audio system, so I couldn't pick up many of the subtleties they could, but it was obvious that the Nordost QK1 and Isotek stood out. The two guys had a partial difference of opinion about one or two of the others. It's an interesting listen.

Looking at the measurements for the ones they show, especially the Furutech, is an education. When the work on my place is over, I'll be able to get a better handle on how the Clear Line works. Another developer said he has two of theirs, and they sounded great initially before becoming nothing special after a few days.

thyname

Apr 22, 2019
N. Virginia
BTW, you should do your due diligence and Google the distributor, Mark Schifter. Interesting reading, particularly at audioholics. All those links were deleted at Audiogon when they were posted. The same distributor who is now posting under two different accounts at Audiogon (corepowertech and verafiaudio).
I have dealt with Mark Schifter before with Core Power. The maker of EQUI=CORE, which was sold (I believe) to Underwood Wally a few years ago. The Core Power company I mean. I have not tried Puron, but based on my experience with him at Core Power, he is a very nice guy, very helpful, and very nice / friendly. At no point I feared I was being scammed, everything was straight up, and very fast. I would personally never ever take what Gene at audioholics say a face value.

GroovySauce

Nov 9, 2020
@ozzzy How does the Puron compare to the Sorcer x4? I have the an Add-powr Eau4 I like what it does to my system. I've been considering a Sorcer x4 as my next large purchase.

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Different end points. The Sorcer X4 provides for a larger soundstage. The Puron details the images within that soundstage. Both contribute.
I did not find the Eau4 to do much in my set up.

ozzy

GroovySauce

Nov 9, 2020
@ozzzy Thanks for the distinctions.

The Eau4 was one of the more subtle things I've done to my system. Taking it out didn't feel like I removed anything from the system right away. A few days later something was nagging at me and I put it back in. I've done that dance 2-3 times. Now, it stays in my system—plugged into my Torus AVR 15.

I just ordered a Puron.

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
I’ve been pleased with the QK1 over the Furutech. So I could compare, the Puron guy put me on a waiting list for the next order coming in, but I haven't heard since.

Fishfood

VIP/Donor
Jul 11, 2020
I’ve been pleased with the QK1 over the Furutech. So I could compare, the Puron guy put me on a waiting list for the next order coming in, but I haven't heard since.
He said the order is coming in Friday and will ship out right away. You may want to touch base if you've already paid or pay if you haven't. He's got an ad on USAudioMart

Tuckers

VIP/Donor
Nov 18, 2020
I bit the bait. I'll be getting a Puron shortly. I have a LOT of power filtration/EMI products in my system. Will be interested in seeing how the Puron stacks up.

Last edited:

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
I received one on Wednesday. I have all of my main system's equipment hooked into a Blue Circle Audio BC6000 power conditioner. I have a Shunyata Venom Defender in the same outlet that the Blue Circle is plugged into, and found it effective in further lowering the noise floor. I also like having it there as it adds additional surge protection. I have whole home surge protection at the panel but we get a lot of lightning in the Memphis area and it has taken out the protection at the panel twice so I prefer to have back up protection. I placed the Puron in the 1st outlet of the Blue Circle, my initial sense after a couple of listening sessions is that it adds a further measure of lowering the noise floor. I previously had a Furutech Clearline in that position and never really heard any appreciable improvement using it, but it also didn't detract I'll comment further on the Puron after further listening sessions.

Tuckers

VIP/Donor
Nov 18, 2020
I've had my Puron for a day now. Won't comment on its impact much yet, except to say that it is changing the sound, but so far is less than some of my other grounding and noise reduction products. It is similar to other EMI/Ground products in that the sound is changing in cycles, it will probably take a good 5 days before it is settled enough to do critical listening. I will say that from 8 hours to 16 hours it made a strong change of a wide expansive soundstage, bigger stronger bass, and very quiet background. Then it kind of collapsed. Looking forward to doing more more listening as it settles in though.

@AMR / iFi audio I've had two of your ifi Purifiers in my system for over a year. I just sold them recently. I tried them in many locations, and they made a small difference reducing grain and glare, but other products made a much greater positive difference. I also have an iSilencer+ on my streamer, that makes a nice difference there. Will probably try the LAN iSilencer soon!

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I've had my Puron for a day now. Won't comment on its impact much yet, except to say that it is changing the sound, but so far is less than some of my other grounding and noise reduction products. It is similar to other EMI/Ground products in that the sound is changing in cycles, it will probably take a good 5 days before it is settled enough to do critical listening. I will say that from 8 hours to 16 hours it made a strong change of a wide expansive soundstage, bigger stronger bass, and very quiet background. Then it kind of collapsed. Looking forward to doing more more listening as it settles in though.

@AMR / iFi audio I've had two of your ifi Purifiers in my system for over a year. I just sold them recently. I tried them in many locations, and they made a small difference reducing grain and glare, but other products made a much greater positive difference. I also have an iSilencer+ on my streamer, that makes a nice difference there. Will probably try the LAN iSilencer soon!
I'm very glad to hear that you've been enjoying the iSilencer+. Can't wait to hear what you think of the LAN iSilencer, make sure to share your findings :)

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
At the urging of ozzzy and another person over on Audiogon I shifted the Puron from being inserted in the power conditioner to the wall outlet that the power conditioner is plugged into, and placed the Venom Defender that was residing there into the power conditioner. I will agree with their assessment that this positioning of the Puron allows its SQ benefits to come across with more impact than what I experienced placing it in the power conditioner.

pmiller

Oct 7, 2020
I regularly look for and read the various posts that appear on Audiogon and here, especially those posts that report the experiences members have had with various types of audio tweaks. For the most part my experience with tweaks has ended in disappointment - they generally don’t work at all and/or -at best- they don’t work well and I end up taking it out of my system before anyone sees it. Recently there has been considerable attention paid to an A/C purifier/conditioner product referred to as a Puron line conditioner and the audio improvement posters have reported. Out of sheer curiosity I decided to order one of these products from the distributor, (verafiaudiollc@gmail.com) on the condition it could be returned. Much to my surprise, and contrary to my experience with other like products, this thing really does work. Like almost every audio product, its effect is likely system dependent but at least in my system the effect is positive and quite noticeably so. I am still skeptical of most tweaks but I agree with several other posters and I believe this product may be an exception to the normal run of the mill tweak.

Last edited:
Reactions: paolo

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing