The new Denali 6000/S v2

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Ask fellow Shunyata Research
First time using Shunyata Research Denali 6000 v2
It is found that except the front panel is metal, other parts of the shell are made of plastic??
Is there a technical consideration? Or is it a cost consideration? Is the flagship EVEREST 8000 also have the same structure?
thanks
This is incorrect: the entire chassis of the Denali V2 is metal. I have 4 of them, I would know ;)

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
May you check again?Or open the botton screws to check?
I did, and from the website: “Recognizing that vibration control is important to overall performance, our chassis are made with optimally dampened steel and aluminum, rather than plastic or thin-wall sheet metals.”
It’s obvious when you touch the case that it’s metal.

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Ask fellow Shunyata Research
First time using Shunyata Research Denali 6000 v2
It is found that except the front panel is metal, other parts of the shell are made of plastic??
Is there a technical consideration? Or is it a cost consideration? Is the flagship EVEREST 8000 also have the same structure?
thanks
In what country did you buy the Denali? And what dealer?

Perhaps you have an imitation, "fake" Denali ?

The Denali is made from an all steel and aluminum chassis and faceplate.

keithc

Dec 31, 2022
IMG_1264.jpg

I'm another believer. Super fortunate last night to have received a Denali 6000/V2 and Sigma V2 XC. It replaces my (oldie but goodie) Hydra 6 and Copperhead, thanks to @Puma Cat for the mentoring and guidance. Let it settle in overnight, and first listen this morning in my home office (near a ton of computers, monitors, switches, VOIP devices, etc).

I am GOBSMACKED. How can power make this amount of difference? I was expecting maybe some improved silence, but not the greater details, tonality, musical presentation, macrodynamic, etc. Literally hearing things in the background that I have never noticed before; I only started the tunes 20 mins ago, and I'm now on song #7, and still hearing new stuff. It is at least on the same level as a big component upgrade. No A/B even needed, it's absolutely obvious.

Hats off to @CGabriel. I'm sitting here with a string of happy expletives as the music rolls on. My only issue now is that my office setup is in such little space that the Sigma is sticking into the room out of the wall outlet and making a turn behind a corner rack, and I wish somehow I could get a 90-degree IEC connector...

DetroitVinylRob

VIP/Donor
Dec 29, 2016
Metropolitan Detroit area, MI
I joined the team here. Denali v2 with Alpha XC. Wow. It’s everything everyone says it is. Truly a reference component.
Ditto that. GOBSMACKED is an appropriate descriptor. After several months of listening I have a clear read on just how significant this move is.

Wound up getting a second Denali V2 and second Alpha XC for the mono block power amps and the four DC field-coil power supplies next to our loudspeakers.

Funny thing, I’m surprised that the later DV2 placement seems to offer an even more profound improvement in dynamics, soundstage, and detail even than the DV2 handling all my source components on the adjacent wall. The MA1 OTL pair draw a considerable amount of current and I wouldn’t have initially felt the four FC power supply units would find such a sonically marked improvement connected to the mains through this magical box. And yet… simply astounding.

*have also chassis grounded the lot back to each Denali, and then leashed Denali to Denali ground posts. Nothing but smiles here.

Bravo! Caelin and the SR team

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeotrope and PYP

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Ditto that. GOBSMACKED is an appropriate descriptor. After several months of listening I have a clear read on just how significant this move is.

Wound up getting a second Denali V2 and second Alpha XC for the mono block power amps and the four DC field-coil power supplies next to our loudspeakers.

Funny thing, I’m surprised that the later DV2 placement seems to offer an even more profound improvement in dynamics, soundstage, and detail even than the DV2 handling all my source components on the adjacent wall. The MA1 OTL pair draw a considerable amount of current and I wouldn’t have initially felt the four FC power supply units would find such a sonically marked improvement connected to the mains through this magical box. And yet… simply astounding.

*have also chassis grounded the lot back to each Denali, and then leashed Denali to Denali ground posts. Nothing but smiles here.

Bravo! Caelin and the SR team
Exactly the same experience here. Field coil supplies benefited from being connected to the Denali.
Next try the Altaira ground hub. Another significant improvement!

keithc

Dec 31, 2022
Is there any benefit connecting a component to the CGS on the Denali V2?

Had the same question myself, and from what I understand it's an early preliminary version of the CGS than that used in the Altaira. However, it can't hurt, and as Shunyata's grounding guidance document says, any grounding is better than none....

I used a Shunyata CGC cable between my Lampi Pacific 2 and my Denali V2. Can't say for sure I heard that much of a difference, but to be honest I didn't really give it much of a A/B. I'm certainly going to try it again in the near future, and if there's a noticeable effect then would be tempted to try the Altaira here.

Curious if other Denali, Everest or Gemini owners have tried the CGS on their units and what they noticed...

Reactions: TommyC

keithc

Dec 31, 2022
I tried CGS on the Denali 6000/v2 and didn’t hear a difference. However, Altaira was immediately noticeable and made a huge difference.

Very cool!
How is your Altaira grounded to earth? Via the Denali CGS?
What components made the biggest difference on your Altaira?

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Very cool!
How is your Altaira grounded to earth? Via the Denali CGS?
What components made the biggest difference on your Altaira?
Yes, to the Denali CGS.
I added Altaira to all components where I could, so I can't speak to which components make a bigger difference. Ideally, you will do the entire system - I think there's a synergy there if you can do the entire playback chain.

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
Curious if other Denali, Everest or Gemini owners have tried the CGS on their units and what they noticed...
I have both my EtherRegen and REF10 SE120 connected to the CGS via their ground screws using Venom ground cables. I heard a very subtle improvement (with the REF10 showing a greater improvement). I’m not sure the overall improvement justified the price of both the cables but it was still worth keeping them in place especially since one day I hope to use them with an Altaira.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing