This Corona Virus Mania is Just Too Much, We All Need to Chill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
F7DC34E6-D322-4A8E-8AAF-6E0A7090C2BA.jpeg

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
We always knew that. Just sad we waited this long.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
With epicenters in Los Angeles and NYC here is what I find strange. The answer I am hearing is that the hospitals in both city are NOT filled. Possibly this has been due to the cancellation of elective procedures thus freeing up beds

I know this to be partially true as i am in desperate need of knee surgery and have to wait it out.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Well I’m glad the US is finally acknowledging that masks may be useful. For those still not convinced there is some literature out there worth reading. Here’s one.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0843-2.epdf?shared_access_token=f6a04VahwVMKX2UtX3CPVtRgN0jAjWel9jnR3ZoTv0PkjAYoM9jLkwZQW5utCqnyBUezgozG8oaDAP2ttzghLwr5h6Pujxhh9nHg9qqbbmGjHjB4f38wFcyRxD2DOH-ZJW0PNAQfhNUWWfv2lUblbw==
It is a Chill thread. We better avoid talking face mask here Howie.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
It is a Chill thread. We better avoid talking face mask here Howie.
The chill days are over Tang, even in
the US :oops:

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
With epicenters in Los Angeles and NYC here is what I find strange. The answer I am hearing is that the hospitals in both city are NOT filled. Possibly this has been due to the cancellation of elective procedures thus freeing up beds

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...hips-have-treated-fewer-than-20-patients.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...nyregion/ny-coronavirus-usns-comfort.amp.html
Steve,

I didn't see an answer to this so excuse me if I am late. As far as I know, the hospital ship and the other military field hospital being set up in NYC are NOT authorized to take COVID patients. They are supposed to take other patients to relieve NYC hospitals. The issue from I know is that red tape etc is preventing many non-COVID patients from being transferred. They need a negative test before admission and that takes time. Things may have changed since I last looked yesterday.

Beau

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
We're now advised to use masks in the US.

I think one question that everyone in the US needs to think about is why we didn't have testing and PPE ready. "We" knew about it for months, I already posted the clip where the CDC testifies before congress that people have died from Covid and it was mistaken for the flu, before it's existence was even acknowledged, and we still don't have adequate resources. IMO, it's criminal negligence, but we all have to decide for ourselves what we think about this.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I wonder if some organizations where trying to buy PPE and China was out buying everyone back when they told everyone it was nothing. That or they bought it was faster than anyone else anticipated so there wasn't really any PPE left to buy.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Excuse me I haven’t read any posts in this thread. I talked to my friend and tech today in NYC...I could hear it in his voice...shitting his pants.
Right now I’m finally listening to my system after 2 months of good and bad...uncorked a bottle of Amarone from my cellar and said f’k it....Allman Bros Eat a Peach....loud.
I think God is pissed....3 years of bullshit and hate......he has a way of separating the wheat from the chaff.
Man’s 100 years of modernism finally met it’s match. For every action there’s a reaction.
Thank God there’s music and great wine to bring people together and reflect deeply on our lives and our future paths. Do you think I’ve had too much wine?.....be safe and stay healthy....wouldn’t want to loose anybody on WBF.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Reactions: tima and hogen

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

I think one question that everyone in the US needs to think about is why we didn't have testing and PPE ready. "We" knew about it for months, I already posted the clip where the CDC testifies before congress that people have died from Covid and it was mistaken for the flu, before it's existence was even acknowledged, and we still don't have adequate resources. IMO, it's criminal negligence, but we all have to decide for ourselves what we think about this.

20-20 hindsight is so much easier than 20-20 foresight

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Same question for UK and the NHS. They should have been on it, worst case, since Jan. The inability to move is phenomenal. They still don't have test kits and enough gear

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
20-20 hindsight is so much easier than 20-20 foresight

Even with hindsight they should have started moving in Jan, the fact that they still cannot get organised in April is a total fail

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Look carefully at the Y axis. Hilarious

4110A2E5-B399-4436-90E2-5E37845DD322.jpeg

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I think the issue of priorities and agendas that set priorities goes back much further than months.

Yes and cannot be changed no matter what

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Then why the woulda, coulda, shoulda posts such as yours and Dave's?

You still didn't get my statement. It can be changed, it is stupid if it cannot be

Reactions: Lagonda
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing