This Corona Virus Mania is Just Too Much, We All Need to Chill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I will probably be criticised for this post, but I find the conflicting stories from the news media, the bombardment of texts and emails in my inbox, and anecdotal stories I hear from friends around the world and in different parts of the US, is all very confusing. It is hard to get a sense of what is really happening. The data seems incomplete and much of the press is not really citing actual data. It is hard to know what to think.
And maybe data from different parts
of the world and even different parts
of a large country are very different.
This thing progresses at many different speeds depending on
where you are.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I'm not surprised. They're healthier all around.

It just means they moved figures around as they did not test for COVID but passed off the dead under another label

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I think it's perfectly normal for the media to focus on this more than they did other recent diseases. Besides, what else is there to talk about? Harry and Megan?

Well there was the incredible excitement and drama of the primary season. Gone and totally forgotten, not that any of that could have been discussed in these pages anyway. Greta went looking for Alice, but she doesn't live here anymore.

Reactions: Lagonda

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I'm not surprised. They're healthier all around.
And there seems to be a level of social distancing built into
the culture to begin with. I am sure
the kissing on the cheeks in latin cultures has helped the spread of
virus in Spain,Italy and France.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I bet Steve actually looks awesome. He's got one of the best silver heads.
well my barber just left

He had gloves and an N95mask and I had plenty of disinfectants. Rather than use the garage we used my backyard.

FWIW, I stocked up today on plenty of Plaquenil, Z-Packs and Zinc Sulphate

Reactions: Lagonda and Folsom

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Why Plaquenil, Z-Packs and Zinc Sulphate, Steve?

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
It just means they moved figures around as they did not test for COVID but passed off the dead under another label

Also not surprised they'd do that. But I still suspect they have less. Plus Fuji is making loads of a drug that we have reports work (and the US isn't considering?).

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
well my barber just left

He had gloves and an N95mask and I had plenty of disinfectants. Rather than use the garage we used my backyard.

FWIW, I stocked up today on plenty of Plaquenil, Z-Packs and Zinc Sulphate

I think the real danger is folks will figure out how easy it really is to cut hair.

I've been cutting my own hair for years, and have even been complimented on it by hairdressers I met at a bar.

I'd encourage anyone to give it a go, the worst that'll happen is you'll have to cut it shorter than you intended, but we're all sitting at home for the most part anyways. :)

Reactions: Steve Williams

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I think the real danger is folks will figure out how easy it really is to cut hair.

I've been cutting my own hair for years, and have even been complimented on it by hairdressers I met at a bar.

I'd encourage anyone to give it a go, the worst that'll happen is you'll have to cut it shorter than you intended, but we're all sitting at home for the most part anyways. :)
I would not try that, i’m clumsy and
like my ears and eyes the way they
are:rolleyes:

Steve Williams

Why Plaquenil, Z-Packs and Zinc Sulphate, Steve?

good question Ked but that seems to be the magic bullet if one becomes infected.

Z-Pack only used with infection however Zinc SO4 can be used daily in a dose of 220 mg/day

Plaquenil apparently has a long half life of 23 days so many are taking it for prophylaxis at a dose of 400mg for first does followed by 200 mg weekly

If infected the dose varies as to severity of symptoms but I am reading 800 twice daily and am also reading 400 mg 2x on day one followed by 200 mg 2x daily with a Z-Pack

Reactions: bonzo75

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
good question Ked but that seems to be the magic bullet if one becomes infected.

Z-Pack only used with infection however Zinc SO4 can be used daily in a dose of 220 mg/day

Plaquenil apparently has a long half life of 23 days so many are taking it for prophylaxis at a dose of 400mg for first does followed by 200 mg weekly

If infected the dose varies as to severity of symptoms but I am reading 800 twice daily and am also reading 400 mg 2x on day one followed by 200 mg 2x daily with a Z-Pack
Have you recently diversified your stock portfolio into medical
stock by any chance ? ;)

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

Not sure about magic bullets. One thing though that is extremely important: Get Enough Sleep.

A lack of sleep compromises the immune system. I always find this out the hard way. I never get sick in the winter, except when I have two consecutive days of bad sleep. Then, bam, a cold invariably hits me (mostly just for one and a half days or less, thankfully).

Getting enough sleep may not help you not getting infected, but it may result in milder symptoms if your immune system is up to snuff fighting it.

So these days I religiously make sure I get enough sleep as an important line of defense (after taking all the recommended precautions about not getting infected in the first place).

Reactions: Lagonda

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah

So you’re the masked barber!
F01E1792-4EE4-4D4D-882C-B9A43640207C.jpeg

Steve Williams

FYI........

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/Ne...f-hydroxychloroquine-as-coronavirus-treatment

https://forward.com/news/national/442285/coronavirus-hydroxychloroquine-trump-doctor/

hogen

May 15, 2018
Oslo, Norway
Not sure about magic bullets. One thing though that is extremely important: Get Enough Sleep.

A lack of sleep compromises the immune system. I always find this out the hard way. I never get sick in the winter, except when I have two consecutive days of bad sleep. Then, bam, a cold invariably hits me (mostly just for one and a half days or less, thankfully).

Getting enough sleep may not help you not getting infected, but it may result in milder symptoms if your immune system is up to snuff fighting it.

So these days I religiously make sure I get enough sleep as an important line of defense (after taking all the recommended precautions about not getting infected in the first place).

To eat healthy food might be a good idea, lots of vegetables, no pre-fabricated food. Make health food at home:)

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
other OTC drugs which might be helpful boosting the immune system are

Quercetin 500mg 2x daily

Luteolin 50mg 2x daily

But Zinc seems to be very helpful

Funny, I've been debating posting a thread or something about what to take/not take. My main issue with doing so is every one will clammer-on about whatever fits their desires, not really what I'd consider substantiated. However things I would consider substantiated would surely be consider not at the same time because people like to believe what they want.

Quercetin is a great thing to take. You're fine taking 500mg a day unless you have onset. It's also not a drug and should be purchased at a healthfood/vitamin store. It's been shown to be very good against common viral infections (peer-reviewed published). It has other benefits of more common association like cardiovascular/joint. It's found in food, such as green tea.

I'm not sure Luteolin would help a lot with symptoms, but probably for recovery. For symptoms would could consider Bromelain as it's one of the more powerful anti-inflammatoriess out there. Mucinex should be considered, especially if you can find a liquid form. Even if the cv19 doesn't make you produce mucus, considerable amounts of people have the side effect of other infections that do.

*You can eat more onion and drink chamomile tea to get more Quercetin and Luteolin in diet.

A word on Zinc. Don't start taking now in large amounts. Getting it from healthy food or in minor amounts from supplements is better until onset. It actually depresses the immune system when you take it all willy-nilly in high doses for no reason.

Vitamin A & D should be avoided upon onset of symptoms. Minor amounts of either are ok, but the higher dosages we take have shown to make us more receptive to the virus. Up until onset it's wise to take Vitamin D to get the immune system in good shape (Vitamin A I think is often better achieved through foods, retinol from dairy, eggs, meat, and beta types from veggies.

Vitamin B1 won't register on anyone's hotlist, but it is very valuable when the body is trying to recover from anything traumatic. It can help some with immediate issues, but varies on the person. It's great for getting past fatigue and other continual lingering problems. It helps the body energize back up off of the nutrients you're taking in. Here's the part that sucks a bit, the common type Thiamin HCL doesn't do anything really till you're taking at least 300mg - you're best off taking more like 800mg+ at a time, which is a handful of 100mg pills. But there is the benfotiamine form which is more effective and could be taken at servings like 300mg. Then there's Allithiamine (TTFD: thiamine tetrahydrofurfuryl disulfide) which is effect on the brain at common dosages of 50mg, but taking 100mg would still be better. It can do surprising things for dragging people out of slumps. It can even open up digestive tracts that are clamped down hard (constipation).

Larch fiber (Arabinogalactan) is one of the best immune system simulator and regulators for our intestines (which is where the immune system starts). This is advisable to take before, during, and after. Along with it a Probiotic would be recommended to really get it perked up properly - from healthfood/supplement store, anything is going to be useful.

Elderberry syrup is outright amazing. The supplements with tiny servings in them don't do a lot. If you can find a syrup where you're getting grams at a time, I'd be taking swigs off the bottle on the onset of symptoms. It's so powerful that it can clear symptoms out entirely in one shot for the day with known ailments (unknown for powerful it is on cv19). They are likely to come back overnight because the immune system still has to do it's job, but not having symptoms can be life saving - or at least very comfortable by comparison. I will say this though, I ordered some WEEKS AGO and have yet to receive it. Everyone is probably SOL on this.

There's lots of other things I could say about food etc but that's harder to get into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing