This Corona Virus Mania is Just Too Much, We All Need to Chill!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In general it is probably not a good idea to look for a cure to a pandemic in a audio forum :rolleyes:

Well I certainly didn’t suggest a cure. Why it’s dangerous for me to be unsurprised by common side effects is unknown to me.

BB12hTPo.png

Reactions: Al M.
I’m looking forward to hearing back from Surfski as he is on the front lines
Hah. I did have a reply to the steroid post all prepared but then realised that a) I'm a guest in someone else's house here and will play by the rules and B) I haven't been here long enough to be rude .
There is a reason you won't find me posting on threads pertaining to amplifier design- I know sod all about that.
The fascinating thing to me with this is how effective I'm finding the process of "proning" ventilated patients. Its a method I've used on and off for years without ever truly being convinced. But , fortunately, one group from Wuhan did CT scans on all their ventilated Covid's. Really interesting progression and spread of disease, different from more "traditional ARDS". Proning in some of these is quite useful.
I'll post more later if there is any interest. I'm going to grab a couple of hours kip.

Reactions: Al M. and Lagonda
Hah. I did have a reply to the steroid post all prepared but then realised that a) I'm a guest in someone else's house here and will play by the rules and B) I haven't been here long enough to be rude .
There is a reason you won't find me posting on threads pertaining to amplifier design- I know sod all about that.
The fascinating thing to me with this is how effective I'm finding the process of "proning" ventilated patients. Its a method I've used on and off for years without ever truly being convinced. But , fortunately, one group from Wuhan did CT scans on all their ventilated Covid's. Really interesting progression and spread of disease, different from more "traditional ARDS". Proning in some of these is quite useful.
I'll post more later if there is any interest. I'm going to grab a couple of hours kip.

I don't take offense to learning. But to just say "you're wrong" when common information clearly outlines side effects of steroids, doesn't tell me anything. There's no reason to be rude for anything.

And also you'll find people all day long posting about amplifier design, and don't listen to those of that do work on designing electronics - all day everyday that goes on.

Just speaking for me I want to read everything you can post about cv19. I was even asking questions for more information...

Surfski, are you British? No American I know says "sod all" or "a couple of hours kip". I think you must be a Brit, English even.

Just reflecting everyone here when I say we all salute you and are in a debt of gratitude, esp Brits like me, I can see on the Bbc just how brutal it is on the frontline.

Reactions: Uk Paul
Rest in peace John Prine..

john-prine.jpg

Reactions: Folsom and Bobvin
I don't take offense to learning. But to just say "you're wrong" when common information clearly outlines side effects of steroids, doesn't tell me anything. There's no reason to be rude for anything.

And also you'll find people all day long posting about amplifier design, and don't listen to those of that do work on designing electronics - all day everyday that goes on.

Just speaking for me I want to read everything you can post about cv19. I was even asking questions for more information...
Folsom, i have come to have the utmost respect for your uncanny ability to absorb material from books and the internet, you are very good at educating yourself. But in this case i have to agree with Steve, there is nothing wrong with you analyzing things and coming to certain conclusions, but be careful with offering them up in this forum. This is not a subject like audio/ electronics where most things written have been studied and agreed to by “experts” over a longer period of time . There seems to be a lot of unvalidated information about this decease and potential treatments floating around on the internet these days. Sometimes by doctors just having a “hunch” and sometimes by people just claiming to be doctors.
There is a lot of misinformation out there some of it even has malicious intent or is offered for financial reasons. Be careful not to be part of this process . Just collecting data and coming to your own conclusions can be dangerous here.;)

Reactions: Folsom
You would think from looking at the graphs and the current situation, even the way the US tests for the virus, constantly catering to the elite that the US treats the majority of its population like a third world nation. Pretty sobering.

Reactions: DaveC
American Medical Association warns against indiscriminate purchase and use of hydroxychloroquine or azithromycin:

https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering...t-ordering-prescribing-or-dispensing-covid-19

To me the message was simple...it is telling doctors to stop stockpiling these drugs for personal use should the need arise.It was a similar message given a few weeks ago by similar agencies that masks were not indicated because they should be saved for those health care workers on the front lines . This week a new message re masks was offered up

As for the use of these drugs for off label use, it is going on and in all likelihood will continue

A similar message was issued last week by the Medical Board of California giving the same admonitions re personal stockpiling

Reactions: ddk
Mayo Clinic cardiologist: 'Inexcusable' to ignore hydroxychloroquine side effects

Subtitle:
While safe for most, the drug carries serious side effects for some, including sudden cardiac arrest.

From the article:

"But [the cardiologist] said he was alarmed that the conversation had gotten "way too nonmedical and nonscientific.""

Cardiac complications with these drugs is real but so also extremely rare.In fact I would say the chance the patient dying from a serious Covid infection is greater than the same patient dying from giving these drugs as off label.

Hopefully in the near future we will have newer and more direct ways to treat this virus but until then if it is you or me in that ICU with our life on the line and these drugs are suggested, "what do you have to lose?"

I find it infuriating that CNN repeats the Chinese propaganda that "The US Army brought the virus to Wuhan" as one of the virus origin theories on the list equal in plausibility to the other virus origin theories.

Ron, I think this is consistent with much of their coverage, IMO. YMMV.

Like so many such articles, it raises lots of conspiracies, blames the conspiracies on particular groups or individuals, throws lots of dispersions, and then reaches no conclusions as to the origin of the virus, basically suggesting that there are any number of possible sources. It is just more bloviation, but it does serve its purpose to sow division.

I would like to know what the people of Wuhan think about the origins. Sadly, with the lack of information and access, the investigators may never discover the true source of the virus.

Reactions: Bobvin

I am very interested in everything you feel comfortable in discussing

As for the patient in the prone position on the ventilator have recently been discussed with promising results and it is good to read that you are having the same positive experience

Ron, I think this is consistent with much of their coverage, IMO. YMMV.

Like so many such articles, it raises lots of conspiracies, blames the conspiracies on particular groups or individuals, throws lots of dispersions, and then reaches no conclusions as to the origin of the virus, basically suggesting that there are any number of possible sources. It is just more bloviation, but it does serve its purpose to sow division.

Actually no, Peter:

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/thre...e-all-need-to-chill.30267/page-40#post-640959

And next post.

I would like to know what the people of Wuhan think about the origins. Sadly, with the lack of information and access, the investigators may never discover the true source of the virus.

That would be nice. Too bad anyone who speaks ends up “missing” somehow.

Looks like our death predictions dropped to 60k now. This is the Bill Gates funded IMHE model.

Reactions: Lagonda and PeterA

Al, I read your response to Ron. You speak as though this is black and white, and a fact. I don't see it that way at all.

My point about the article you posted is different from Ron's. The article ranks the theories, and that is a clever technique. My point is that the mere mention of absurd conspiracy theories gives them some credence and a specific reason to denigrate the author or those sympathetic to similar views, and it serves the purpose to sow division. It is clear that we don't agree, that is fine.

People can watch the same press conference or political debate, or listen to the same music system, sitting right next to each other, and here very different messages based on individual biases. I read that article you posted very differently than you and Ack seem to have. Same with some of the videos posted in this thread.

There is no universal consensus on much of this stuff, especially how we interpret news stories and information.

Reactions: Bobvin and Lagonda
That would be nice. Too bad anyone who speaks ends up “missing” somehow.

Looks like our death predictions dropped to 60k now. This is the Bill Gates funded IMHE model.

Right. Well, maybe they are not all "missing", but I suspect open questioning by the locals and the sharing of information is not entirely welcome. I don't really know. Regardless, that is relevant, it seems to me, and that specific point was not emphasized in that article about theories of the origin. Why not? At first glance the article seems comprehensive, but it does not really go into the subject too deeply, IMO. For instance, I think there are other examples of viruses accidentally escaping from labs.

Why rank the lab theory as "dubious"? Al M. thinks it might be "plausible". It is certainly "possible". It's fine not to propose it as "likely".

I found some interesting information re cardiac events taking Z-Pack

FDA Upholds Warnings About Increased Risk of Cardiovascular Deaths with Azithromycin (Zithromax or Zmax).

https://www.wolterskluwercdi.com/de...r-deaths-with-azithromycin-zithromax-or-zmax/

First paragraph......

The Danish study did not find an increased risk of cardiovascular death associated with azithromycin. The study results pointed to an increased risk among patients with a history of cardiovascular disease, and no significant differences were observed in comparison with patients who did not have that history.

and later in the paper.......

There were 29 heart-related deaths among those who took azithromycin during 5 days of treatment. Their risk of death while taking the drug was almost triple that of those patients taking no antibiotic. Their risk of death while taking azithromycin was more than double that of those patients taking amoxicillin. Patients who took amoxicillin had no increase in the risk of death. For azithromycin, the highest risk of cardiovascular death was in those patients taking azithromycin and who had existing heart problems.

Reactions: Folsom
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing