To Sub Or Not To Sub, That Is The Question

The data for the passive sub is not smoothed! You can see that on the upper bass! Hoffmans Iron Law? No more!

I provided a spectral response from the listening position with a 75Hz crossover in place. It is basically flat with no eq! It would measure that way from all room positions with small variations in response no nulls. If you can’t hear the nulls what is their importance. Don’t ignore the facts!

Do you have a technical employee that can join the conversation perhaps? All the graphs you have shared so far and all the graphs on your website employ significant smoothing.

The spectral response is also nowhere near detailed enough to prove anything. To have a somewhat flattish response in one listening position in a room isn't unheard of, so you either need to provide additional examples and with greater resolution, and/or show measurements of both this and a traditional sub in the same location and present differences between them.

Do you have a technical employee that can join the conversation perhaps? All the graphs you have shared so far and all the graphs on your website employ significant smoothing.

The spectral response is also nowhere near detailed enough to prove anything. To have a somewhat flattish response in one listening position in a room isn't unheard of, so you either need to provide additional examples and with greater resolution, and/or show measurements of both this and a traditional sub in the same location and present differences between them.
You wouldn’t purchase any loudspeaker product without a guarantee that it will work in your room! I don’t care what type of graphs a manufacturer provides your decision comes after you have tried your best to make it work. Enough said!

You wouldn’t purchase any loudspeaker product without a guarantee that it will work in your room! I don’t care what type of graphs a manufacturer provides your decision comes after you have tried your best to make it work. Enough said!

I would also not purchase a product that claims to defy the laws of physics just because the manufacturer says "It is true, no proof is needed".

I am not saying graphs are everything. However, you are making very specific claims that can be easily proved by graphs, so it's strange to not provide that.

@Musical Bass - Do you sell this sub you are talking about?

Tom

I would also not purchase a product that claims to defy the laws of physics just because the manufacturer says "It is true, no proof is needed".

I am not saying graphs are everything. However, you are making very specific claims that can be easily proved by graphs, so it's strange to not provide that.
The enclosure is less than a cubic foot in volume! The 20Hz sine wave is with a few watts of power regardless of level. Now if you are knowledgeable about Hoffmans Iron Law you will know that it is impossible to do so by laws of physics! I’m trying to pass on knowledge that the law has been broken or bypassed is a better term!

You have to hear (objectively) what that means for 21st century loudspeaker technology! This will benefit loudspeakers in general to make them smaller and better in all respects!

Yes enough said, time for you to move on ! :rolleyes:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu