Tokyo International Audio Show 2012

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
That's terrible Gary :). What I started to doing, although only towards the end of my many trips to japan, was to pick up business cards for the restaurants. They always have them at the reception. I would then write notes on them as many were in Japanese only and was hard to know what the card said.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
That's terrible Gary :). What I started to doing, although only towards the end of my many trips to japan, was to pick up business cards for the restaurants. They always have them at the reception. I would then write notes on them as many were in Japanese only and was hard to know what the card said.

I asked for a card, and the restaurant gave me a nice, big glossy poster - it was only later when I got back to the hotel room that I realized that it was a generic poster with the different sashimi fish on it. I always pick up name cards of restaurants, but this one did not have one. The door walks straight onto the last seat of the sushi bar, so no reception either. When we walked in, they closed the door and we were the only guests (10 of us).

A.wayne

Jan 14, 2011
Front Row Center
:D :D :D

What's most cruel is that there is no way that I'll be able to find the sushi joint again without the guidance of my new Japanese distributor. It was way down through all the side streets of Akasaksa, about 10 min walk from the nearest subway station. When I asked for the name and the address, all my hosts would say was "Don't worry, we will bring you here again next time you visit us." He said he thought it was as good as Jiro, but at less than half the price of the son.

Looks like if I want the good sushi, I won't be able to change distributors!!

Lol ......:)

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Nice report, thank you. It is surprising that in a city of that size, with the substantial audio community there, the show would be 'small.' As for 'fish,' I was told that going to the fish market in the middle of the night when the buying and selling of giant slabs of fish flesh occurs offers you the opportunity to eat at food stalls in the market. Never been there, so I can't speak from experience.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing