CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
The Totaldac system is ready for the Munich High End show.
Chinese Audiophiles are coming to discover it.
Come yourself room F123 at the Munich High End show 2023.
The system used to record this video will also be used to record most rooms at the show.

Reactions: VPN and eskamobob1

eskamobob1

Jan 7, 2022
Slightly currious, for those that stack their TD gear, what do yall do between each chassis for isolation?

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
Slightly currious, for those that stack their TD gear, what do yall do between each chassis for isolation?
You can simply stack them.

Reactions: eskamobob1

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Hi Vincent,
My friends in Munich told me just now that the Totaldac room was one of their favorite rooms which had the best sound in the Show.

Congratulations!

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Hi Vincent,
My friends in Munich told me just now that the Totaldac room was one of their favorite rooms which had the best sound in the Show.

Congratulations!
Hi CKKeung,
I confirm what your friend say.
The sound TotalDac is accuracy, warm. We can listen all the instrument one by one.
The dynamic is here.
The violin is a violin.
I mean the violin doesn't look like a violin.
From time to time, you know the instrument and because you know the piece, you think, this is a violin.
But when you've listened to a violin live, in the case of TotalDac's Sublime DAC, if you're listening in total darkness, I'm sure you're fooled and bluffed because it sounds like you've got a violin in the room.
It's simple, Vincent listens at a very correct volume: not too high, not too low, just the right amount.

The level of this is very high.

I have not all listen yesterday ( it is impossible )...

But yes, it is in the top of the High End.

After first or second or third, I think it depends the sound we like....

Have a great day.

2023-05-18_00019.jpg

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
2023-05-18_00253.jpg

It is just to have an idea of the room...

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
A new option is available for Totaldac DACs, reclockers, streamers, drivers and players: damping feet installed under the chassis.

DAC_damping_feet.jpg

Reactions: Glide3

PhP

Industry Expert
Nov 12, 2012
FRANCE
www.phpaudio.fr
A new option is available for Totaldac DACs, reclockers, streamers, drivers and players: damping feet installed under the chassis.

View attachment 113821
Hi Vincent
Hi CKKeung,
I confirm what your friend say.
The sound TotalDac is accuracy, warm. We can listen all the instrument one by one.
The dynamic is here.
The violin is a violin.
I mean the violin doesn't look like a violin.
From time to time, you know the instrument and because you know the piece, you think, this is a violin.
But when you've listened to a violin live, in the case of TotalDac's Sublime DAC, if you're listening in total darkness, I'm sure you're fooled and bluffed because it sounds like you've got a violin in the room.
It's simple, Vincent listens at a very correct volume: not too high, not too low, just the right amount.

The level of this is very high.

I have not all listen yesterday ( it is impossible )...

But yes, it is in the top of the High End.

After first or second or third, I think it depends the sound we like....

Have a great day.

View attachment 109605
Hi
I have not (at all) the same appreciation. It depends on what is the reference.
PHP

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Hi Vincent

Hi
I have not (at all) the same appreciation. It depends on what is the reference.
PHP
Hi PhP,

My reference is my system.
But we can not compare two systems in two different rooms.
Imagine you have a big loudspeaker in a big room, you can say: beautiful sound.
Imagine the same loudspeaker in a toilet....I can say: bad sound....

At the High End of Munich, we can not give a good appreciation of the different system. Demo for Wilson Audio is poor... what a pity!
I have a friend, he has Wilson Audio Sabrina. They sound better in his room than at Munich, even the big Wilson Audio.

It is very difficult to have a good demonstration at the High End of Munich.

And the appreciation of a system is different for everyone.

Reactions: PhP

VPN

VIP/Donor
Dec 28, 2013
Hi PhP,

My reference is my system.
But we can not compare two systems in two different rooms.
Imagine you have a big loudspeaker in a big room, you can say: beautiful sound.
Imagine the same loudspeaker in a toilet....I can say: bad sound....

At the High End of Munich, we can not give a good appreciation of the different system. Demo for Wilson Audio is poor... what a pity!
I have a friend, he has Wilson Audio Sabrina. They sound better in his room than at Munich, even the big Wilson Audio.

It is very difficult to have a good demonstration at the High End of Munich.

And the appreciation of a system is different for everyone.

I have the same view. There were very few rooms in Munich 2023 that were able to manage the room accoustics and have system synergy good enough to have a great sound, because it is very difficult to deal with those room accoustics in a short time. I have a Totaldac Sublime, extra Sublime reclocker and a pair of Totaldac Drivers mk2 XLR, and they sound much, much better in my system/room than they sounded in Munich, but this is normal. A great sounding room in Munich, and in any audio show, is an exception.

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
Vincent, what is the price for a set of three? What is to be expected in terms of sonic change?
The price is give here: https://www.totaldac.com/prices.php
damping feet, mounted under one chassis: 375euros incl VAT in Europe, 345euros excl VAT out of Europe

The sounds get clearer, more controlled, more realistic.

Reactions: VPN

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing