Trinity DAC

Any explanation for the absence of the DAC and the CD/drive media server?

I didn't ask Gideon but will be dropping by his store soon and maybe he'll have it there.

Also, probably "bad form" to have the CH Precision with another DAC. My understanding is these rooms get pretty political in terms of what is showing with what.

Also, probably "bad form" to have the CH Precision with another DAC. My understanding is these rooms get pretty political in terms of what is showing with what.

Well also depends on who's paying for the room.

The C1 is a pre-dac/streamer. The Trinity DAC is only for the pure dac market. There is no need to compare with each other.

I had the impression that Myles may be interested in giving the Trinity dac a listen but I might be wrong.

I had the impression that Myles may be interested in giving the Trinity dac a listen but I might be wrong.

Analog would be my #1 reason but have no objection to giving the Trinity piece a listen. :) I'm still waiting for the high Rez piece for Dummies.

Analog would be my #1 reason but have no objection to giving the Trinity piece a listen. :) I'm still waiting for the high Rez piece for Dummies.

Well I am a computer Dummy but live quite happily with the Trinity dac and Trinity transport. I am not sure if Gideon has the transport available though. High res sounds fantastic with the Trinity combo (the best digital I have experienced in my systems so far) so hopefully you will indeed be able to listen to it under good circumstances. Any chance that you or any of your collegues are going to test this Trinity combo for Positive-Feedback as mister Nack did with the Trinity phono?

Well I am a computer Dummy but live quite happily with the Trinity dac and Trinity transport. I am not sure if Gideon has the transport available though. High res sounds fantastic with the Trinity combo (the best digital I have experienced in my systems so far) so hopefully you will indeed be able to listen to it under good circumstances. Any chance that you or any of your collegues are going to test this Trinity combo for Positive-Feedback as mister Nack did with the Trinity phono?

I don't have any idea. :(

The C1 is a pre-dac/streamer. The Trinity DAC is only for the pure dac market. There is no need to compare with each other.

I believe you are the (proud) owner of a Trinity dac as well. Would you mind sharing some of your musical experiences with us on WBF? Would be nice to hear from a third person (apart from Adam and me) what he thinks about the performance of the Trinity dac. Thanks in advance.

Funny, but true!

I believe you are the (proud) owner of a Trinity dac as well. Would you mind sharing some of your musical experiences with us on WBF? Would be nice to hear from a third person (apart from Adam and me) what he thinks about the performance of the Trinity dac. Thanks in advance.

http://audioexotics.hk/index.php?op...forumId=1&parentId=10845&topic=true&Itemid=53

Lots of feeback here, including comparison to dCS. Longinus has a very funny long post about his shootout with the Trinity. One of the most entertaining posts I have read in a while.

Yes. I’m a happy and lucky owner of the Trinity DAC.
I’ve shared my experience in the Audioexotic forum and I made the summary here.

When I firstly audition the Trinity DAC in my dealer demo, I thought that the DAC could help CAS to beat CD.

However, when I bought it home and started the audition, I found that I was very wrong.

When music started, I could not help but just kept on playing track after track. The DAC just turned the most challenging position of the sound tracks into the wonderful music. The DAC in my CAS promote the sound far above the level of CD. It is a kind of high density, full of hamonic, very resolving but well integrated and neutral sound.

The DAC shocked me in the following areas:
1.) Harmonic structure restoration
Every single note came out from the piano packaging with full harmonics. It made the note stereoscopic. The Trinity DAC achieved very high score in this area.

2.) Balance between resolving and integration
From the Trinity DAC, I could distinguish singers and instruction position in the stage clearly.
The Trinity DAC made the very right balance in restoring the energy for instruments. It displayed not only the sound signature for each instrument but also the harmony between the instruments in duet performance.

3.)Neutrality
The bass from the DAC was dominated and well extended and the violin sound was magnificent but not dazzle.
The Trinity DAC followed path of neutrality and let the music sing by itself .

For Trinity DAC, it was necessary to rely on the JRiver to carry out the conversion from DSD to PCM.
But the Trinity DAC did not have any deficiency here. E.g. Dvorak symphony no 9 by Ivan Fischer BFO , Track 4, the integration of the Trinity DAC was absolutely sensational and the depth of soundstage was in right scale.

The Trinity DAC has excellent performance on harmonic structure, integration and neutrality that really shake my soul.

I’m happy to have this dac and bring my audition level to another league . I’m lucky because the DAC is just out of stock and it would take 3 months fill up the backorders.

Yes. I’m a happy and lucky owner of the Trinity DAC.
I’ve shared my experience in the Audioexotic forum and I made the summary here.

When I firstly audition the Trinity DAC in my dealer demo, I thought that the DAC could help CAS to beat CD.

However, when I bought it home and started the audition, I found that I was very wrong.

When music started, I could not help but just kept on playing track after track. The DAC just turned the most challenging position of the sound tracks into the wonderful music. The DAC in my CAS promote the sound far above the level of CD. It is a kind of high density, full of hamonic, very resolving but well integrated and neutral sound.

The DAC shocked me in the following areas:
1.) Harmonic structure restoration
Every single note came out from the piano packaging with full harmonics. It made the note stereoscopic. The Trinity DAC achieved very high score in this area.

2.) Balance between resolving and integration
From the Trinity DAC, I could distinguish singers and instruction position in the stage clearly.
The Trinity DAC made the very right balance in restoring the energy for instruments. It displayed not only the sound signature for each instrument but also the harmony between the instruments in duet performance.

3.)Neutrality
The bass from the DAC was dominated and well extended and the violin sound was magnificent but not dazzle.
The Trinity DAC followed path of neutrality and let the music sing by itself .

For Trinity DAC, it was necessary to rely on the JRiver to carry out the conversion from DSD to PCM.
But the Trinity DAC did not have any deficiency here. E.g. Dvorak symphony no 9 by Ivan Fischer BFO , Track 4, the integration of the Trinity DAC was absolutely sensational and the depth of soundstage was in right scale.

The Trinity DAC has excellent performance on harmonic structure, integration and neutrality that really shake my soul.

I’m happy to have this dac and bring my audition level to another league . I’m lucky because the DAC is just out of stock and it would take 3 months fill up the backorders.

Thanks very much for sharing. The way you describe the sound of the Trinity dac concurs with my experiences. To put it in very simple words: it is a very musical dac that at the same time retrieves an awful lot of information and is incredible dynamic. What a joy!

jsn - I found this comment posted on AE forum:

POSTED: 04-01-2014 08:18 pm
jsn's previous DAC was CH Precision. He called me this morning and said the Trinity DAC is at least 3 notches higher than the CH.

I belive the original poster reffered to you. Can you elaborate on the differencies between the Trinity and CH ?

Adam, did you read Longinus' Dac shootout report at AE? I loved it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing