Visit to Marc C.'s (SpiritOfMusic's) House in England

People who have them like them. But then again, people also like all the filters and ground devices they place in their systems. QBase is not a filter from what I read. Just saying.

I was at the Pacific Audio Festival. There was a company pitching a RF device you placed on gear. The salesman was very leading. I told him why I found it to sound "Audiophile", not better. I actually liked it better without. He got mad and walked away.

What worries me about some of these devices is why do they have such a large, audible affect on a well tuned and well powered system. And its usually a very dark background. But did you also loose something to get the lower noise level. A natural stereo and a noiseless, high resolution stereo are very different.
If QBase did any filtering I wouldn't be interested. Nordost does claim it provides star grounding but I'm not sure how many recepticles that applies to. I'm currently using an anitque, a PS Audio Juice Bar 2. It's a basic power strip with good quality recepticles which are bolted to a copper bus bar so no soldering or welding. I'll probably stay with that.

If QBase did any filtering I wouldn't be interested. Nordost does claim it provides star grounding but I'm not sure how many recepticles that applies to. I'm currently using an anitque, a PS Audio Juice Bar 2. It's a basic power strip with good quality recepticles which are bolted to a copper bus bar so no soldering or welding. I'll probably stay with that.
The Juice Bar 2 looks like a very nice power strip. If you wanted to screw with it, you might be able to change the duplex to Furutech NCF. People I trust say that is a very good duplex. I have 1 to install when I get back to my room. Or, leave the Juice Bar alone and enjoy the music.

Reactions: SlapEcho

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu