Reactions: the sound of Tao

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Can I pass on that, Tim? More productive things to do w my time.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Wild and expensive goose chase is the hobby
Starts in a wild and expensive goose chase... ends in a tasty foie gras of horns and set.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
You guys have vivid imaginations. Good thing you're not let out of the house.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I see the highbrow intellectual standard of WBF is being maintained.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
You lot need to desperately see a quack

Reactions: the sound of Tao

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Tbh, all audiophiles need professional help. Upgradeitis could form the basis of a whole lecture on OCD.

Reactions: marslo

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Modern medicin is helpless in such a severe case;)

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I brake for high end speakers.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Actually Marslo, not so severe here.
Audiophillia is best served by NOT having the cash to make potentially poor decisions. Otherwise like other more badly afflicted individuals, I would end up w more tts, arms and especially carts, and the crazed fever of running multiple systems.

Nothing like bearing down on a good sound, and spending a little ongoing to gild the lily. Not falling foul of "baby/bathwater syndrome".

When my GF asks me did I enjoy my listening session, and after I reply I did but I'm looking to perform radical surgery on it, what do you think a person not infected by our crazy mass hysteria would conclude?

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Actually Marslo, not so severe here.
Audiophillia is best served by NOT having the cash to make potentially poor decisions. Otherwise like other more badly afflicted individuals, I would end up w more tts, arms and especially carts, and the crazed fever of running multiple systems.

Nothing like bearing down on a good sound, and spending a little ongoing to gild the lily. Not falling foul of "baby/bathwater syndrome".

When my GF asks me did I enjoy my listening session, and after I reply I did but I'm looking to perform radical surgery on it, what do you think a person not infected by our crazy mass hysteria would conclude?
That you are missing a bottle af a strong alcohol, it’ s less expensive and more effective;)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Hey Marslo, the ale here in Norfolk is particularly good. We live less than 15 miles from a brewery. Plenty of sorrows can be come to terms with over a bottle or three.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Indeed, life here outside the craziness of London is whole levels better, my new room is the ultimate upgrade, and thus the itch to upgrade doesn't irritate quite as much.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Sometimes our latent sickness can be triggered by outside events.
My system was playing better than ever, upgrades where in the far horizon.
A malfunction in one channel of the Aesthetix Io has triggered a upgrade with
a extra Phono input and volume control. The importer does not reside in my
country and someone has a MBL amp for sale only 4 hours away from him. Perfect opportunity for a 2 day road trip and spending the rest of this year’s
vacation funds :cool:

When sick we stay home, listening to music. :cool:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Reactions: KeithR

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing