Vyda din Phono cable

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Yesterday i received from Vyda,a din phono cables to try.
Cable is in pure silver solid core,with dielectric and all component inside of natural fiber like cotton,ecc,ecc
connector are home made,in pure copper with 12 micron pure silver and the cover very heavy in stainless steel 303.

I use with Elite 12" and with this cable i listened immediatly bigger scene,more detail,very open but sweet,with very good voices and controlled and deep bass and high more extended but always sweet.
Also this Fantastic cable

Cannot imagine a better cable than this

Attachments

• IMG_7947.jpg
    IMG_7947.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_7948.jpg
    IMG_7948.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_7949.jpg
    IMG_7949.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_7950.jpg
    IMG_7950.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: bazelio

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Hi Gian

What price range is this cable?

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
This phono din rca cable i dont know,because he just finished and need to check price list
The price list in Italy are around 6.000/6.000 euro plus vat 1.20 mt of interconnect cables,including rca rca phono
I will write when i have price list of this

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
From this forum, Gian and I have become dear friend. I just received this Vyda phono cable from him. It is not DIN but a rca. Gian found this cable excellent and want me to try. The Kuro cables I am using was also introduced to me by him. Next week I will try in my system. Let's see if my feedback will be similar to his or not.

900B73FE-562B-492A-BF34-7E42242AA3A8.jpeg

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Excellent Gian and Tango.

The cables sound very promising.

Tang, I look forward to your report.

Is it tonearm cable or rca interconnect cable that you have?
Yes, I understand SME tonearm is rca to rca, so I probably already know your answer :p

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Excellent Gian and Tango.

The cables sound very promising.

Tang, I look forward to your report.

Is it tonearm cable or rca interconnect cable that you have?
Yes, I understand SME tonearm is rca to rca, so I probably already know your answer :p
Hi Shane,
I have been listening only two full days straight with Vyda phono cable. It is a rca not a din like Gian's. This is replacing the stock phono cable that came with the 3012R. The sleeve of Vyda is some kind of shield similar to Kuro ground cable that I used to have. The rca head of Vyda is quite big. I couldn't plug them into rca receptacle of the SME where red and white are close to one another. I had to take out the lock or tightening head of Vyda in order to plug them in. The Vyda is also a lot heavier than SME stock cable. The vdh boxes were around so I used them to support the weight of the cable.

CF8F25F1-CF2B-4646-A63F-2A49527C7B19.jpeg

The sound. This cable is euphonic. As Gian said sweet and good voice. Gian also said bigger scene and more detail. I agree. The tone, the detail (hearing little fine detail much better), the bigger scene bigger sound (more closed up presentation) and the quick snap dynamic in mid and high are the first impression this cable will throw at you. This cable is very very transparent upfront with very dark background further back. The bass is very controlled and short. The reverb is more pronounced. You can hear the reverb but you cannot approximate the recording venue boundary. Sound of instruments is all line up for you to hear. Audiophile record after record I throw at, this cable played them spectacularly. Vienna posted many videos of Vyda. The sound from those videos represent what I hear using it. I also have Vyda interconnect from phono to pre. The same dna stay whether I used only the Vyda phono cable or use with the Vyda interconnect. The degree to what I said of its sound increased audibly when used together.

Tang

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Hi Shane,
I have been listening only two full days straight with Vyda phono cable. It is a rca not a din like Gian's. This is replacing the stock phono cable that came with the 3012R. The sleeve of Vyda is some kind of shield similar to Kuro ground cable that I used to have. The rca head of Vyda is quite big. I couldn't plug them into rca receptacle of the SME where red and white are close to one another. I had to take out the lock or tightening head of Vyda in order to plug them in. The Vyda is also a lot heavier than SME stock cable. The vdh boxes were around so I used them to support the weight of the cable.

View attachment 87588

The sound. This cable is euphonic. As Gian said sweet and good voice. Gian also said bigger scene and more detail. I agree. The tone, the detail (hearing little fine detail much better), the bigger scene bigger sound (more closed up presentation) and the quick snap dynamic in mid and high are the first impression this cable will throw at you. This cable is very very transparent upfront with very dark background further back. The bass is very controlled and short. The reverb is more pronounced. You can hear the reverb but you cannot approximate the recording venue boundary. Sound of instruments is all line up for you to hear. Audiophile record after record I throw at, this cable played them spectacularly. Vienna posted many videos of Vyda. The sound from those videos represent what I hear using it. I also have Vyda interconnect from phono to pre. The same dna stay whether I used only the Vyda phono cable or use with the Vyda interconnect. The degree to what I said of its sound increased audibly when used together.

Tang
Translation; it’s very impractical, colored and hifi! :)
david

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Hi Shane,

View attachment 87588

Tang

Hi Tang

Thanks for the feedback.

Is that what they call faint praise ;)

Completely opposite to Gian. Can't say I am a big audiophile record collector as you know.

How does Vyda interconnect sound when used without the phono?

I can't say euphonic would ever be in the vocabulary of a cable I would be looking for. Open and transparent, yes.

Last edited:

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I have 2 power cable,one xlr,speaker cable,one rca phono with Vyger and one phono din and i tried in my 3 systems,for exemple XLR from Kalista dream play one to Clearaudio phono statement with Acoustat is spectacular.

I found this cable not euphonyc,not colored and not hifi.

I had phono MIT MAX phono and this was euphonic and colored,while i founded Kimber top,Nordost,Stealth and others hifi
These Vyde i found natural mid,very transparent,fast and dynamic,after break in bass will improve

Other natural cables i founded Yamamura and Dissanayake

Reactions: XV-1

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
This is why our hobby is so interesting. One person's euphonic is another's transparent and dynamic.

Enrico from Vyda has offered to make up a din to rca phono cable and send it to me to try out. Thanks Gian

If I don't like, send it back, so one cannot be fairer than that. Enrico is interested to see how his cable compares to Nordost Valhalla phono cable.

Last edited:

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Bayz Counterpoint/Pilium Leonidas with all VYDA cabling at Rhapsody.Audio - Brooklyn.
Image-43.jpeg
Image-42.jpeg

Reactions: Bobvin

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Thank you for that report Tang. And thank you to Gian for sending you the cable. Very interesting comment that you can confirm the sonic character of the cable through the videos. This is a very good description and it gives me a good understanding of what you are hearing. I appreciate the effort it took to share the report and the photographs. It sounds like a lot of people will like this cable.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Doesn't euphonic mean the quality of being pleasing to the ears?
Pleasing to the ears means beautiful sounding. I don't mean in negative way but whether my kind of tone or not is a different issue. It is euphonic, transparent and very dynamic. But likely not Shane's cup of tea because Shane likes Atlas SL a lot. Atlas SL doesn't give the same color and tone and texture as this cable. But if want Atlas SL to sound more pleasing and not ruler flat tone, this cable can help.

Reactions: Scott Naylor

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Imo this cable sounds more like the Gobel Lacord but with better texture and beautiful tone. Quite different from Kuro.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Pleasing to the ears means beautiful sounding. I don't mean in negative way but whether my kind of tone or not is a different issue. It is euphonic, transparent and very dynamic. But likely not Shane's cup of tea because Shane likes Atlas SL a lot. Atlas SL doesn't give the same color and tone and texture as this cable. But if want Atlas SL to sound more pleasing and not ruler flat tone, this cable can help.

Hi Tang

To me in a hifi setting, euphonic meaning is like it's rolled off and making much music sound the similar.

You may well be 100% correct, however in my communications with Gian and Enrico I have told them speed, transparency and dynamics are my preference and they believe Vyda cable has those characteristics and much more. And they know I own Valhalla phono cable.

I am certainly not looking for my Atlas to sound more pleasing.

Have you played just the Vyda IC?

I guess I shall see in a few weeks how the cables do sound, in my system.

Cheers

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest

Yes. Euphonic is an adjective used to characterize some thing by euphony.
Euphony: from the Greek euph?nía meaning good voice quality of a public speaker.

eu + ph?nos: having a sound of the kind specified + sound made by something living.
(a tie to a natural sound ?)

Pleasing to the ear; agreeable sound, pleasant sound; a harmonious succession of words; also, a preference for words easy to pronounce.

Pleasing to the ears means beautiful sounding.

Perhaps. It could be - I suspect that's a personal equivalency, going from pleasing to beautiful.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hi Tang

To me in a hifi setting, euphonic meaning is like it's rolled off and making much music sound the similar.

You may well be 100% correct, however in my communications with Gian and Enrico I have told them speed, transparency and dynamics are my preference and they believe Vyda cable has those characteristics and much more. And they know I own Valhalla phono cable.

I am certainly not looking for my Atlas to sound more pleasing.

Have you played just the Vyda IC?

I guess I shall see in a few weeks how the cables do sound, in my system.

Cheers
Oh no. No rolloff at all. In fact the high is extended and one of attractive features of this cable. I would agree with Gian and Enrico that speed, transparency and dynamic will certainly meet your expectation. I posted a video of Khun Dui's system in the Wadax thread. The system consists of Karma/Plinius/Boulder phono/new top Kronos tt/ Wadax. That system he now using Vyda phono cable replacing the Valhalla.

Reactions: XV-1

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing