What are the Top Horn Speakers in the World Today? Vox Olympian vs Avantgarde Trio vs ???

Kedar,
I do not know why you like post non-sense comments about me and Romy?!!!
Admin closed my topic (Audio Critique) for your off-topic.

no need to spread negative energy when you have no informative idea.

I think most members prefer WBF to be positive space not like negative ASR forum. It is simple , just respect all members and avoid spreading negative energy.

Amir, I enjoyed your thread about Audio Critique. I appreciated the sober point of view. I had no idea it was shut down. I am sorry to hear that. Romy has strong opinions. People can agree or disagree with those opinions, but his perspective was refreshing. He was not accepted on forums, so he had to start his own. I enjoy reading his thoughts on horn speakers.

Reactions: DetroitVinylRob
Amir, I enjoyed your thread about Audio Critique. I appreciated the sober point of view. I had no idea it was shut down. I am sorry to hear that. Romy has strong opinions. People can agree or disagree with those opinions, but his perspective was refreshing. He was not accepted on forums, so he had to start his own. I enjoy reading his thoughts on horn speakers.
Dear Peter,

Thank you for your comment, your energy is always positive.

finally all activity in audio forums is just for learning from each other and I appreciate all who helped me to learn about audio.

Reactions: PeterA
I sometimes found Romy the Cat to be remarkably irritating, but I would have loved to have heard his final multi horn system.
I know someone (right here on WBF) who heard it.

Reactions: PeterA
Reactions: DetroitVinylRob
Living Voice Vox Olympian use Vitavox S2 compression driver and the sound is very emotional.
You can listen to Living Voice in UK , Kevin and Lynn are very lovely host.
Thanks, Amir. Can they rock? or do you need a second system for that?

Thanks, Amir. Can they rock? or do you need a second system for that?
Living Voice is 4way + subwoofer total 5way speaker. It seems You can use 8 channel amplifier for two speakers plus 2 channel amplifer (total 10 channel) for subwoofers if you want to see how they rock.

I know four friends who listened to living Voice Vox Olympian but the amplification was not 10 channel and all of them loved the sound even with less channel amplification.

Kevin also use battery + inverter , I think it is ok but finally good ac power is better than battery/inverter if we like dynamics.

Finally I think Kevin is successful in his beautiful design.

I strongly recommend you forget any negative comment about Living Voice Vox Olympian and go to UK for listening to LV.

Last edited:
Reactions: Audiohertz2
I found Romy to be very nice, a good cook, and a gracious host. His strong opinions are refreshing. He has a lot of experience and loves music. He challenged the status quo and some felt threatened.
Love to see him and talked to him, Romy is my God , I lived with his writing since 2009 really enjoyed his ideas. He is perfect

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lagonda and bonzo75
Have you personally heard this setup ..?
I heard the best setup Kevin ever did in Munich. You know how people often say “well you can’t judge a system under show conditions “. What do you say though when the system sounds absolutely freakin’ incredible and the most suspense of disbelief you have ever heard? That was the Vox Olympian/Elyssian at its best.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu