What is going to be your endgame speaker?

I'm staying put with my VSA Ultra 11s. That said time moves on and Leif says there are some things he's learned the last few years that can be implemented in the Ultra 11's crossover and improvements that can be made by replacing the onboard subwoofer amplifiers. I see myself pursuing these upgrades in the future.

There are also changes that can be made to the feet. I'm iffy with this even if I know how good the CMS LS feet are but not being able to move the speakers so easily on their casters is a huge tradeoff for me.

Reactions: morricab
""How did you learn to count 1, 2, 3, 5?"
I graduated with honors with B.S. in math. In one class I was the only one to get the toughest question on the exam correct. However, I added single digit numbers incorrectly.

Kaiser Acoustics Classic Brilliant Edition speakers​

280.000$ Kaiser Acoustics Classic Brilliant Edition speakers with a custom massive and Duelund outboard crossover.

END GAME for me.

View attachment 115846
View attachment 115847
View attachment 115848
Nice woodwork. But why spoil it by putting the Duelunds on the outside of the crossover box? Too ostentatious for me. However, I like how they put the crossover box on a purpose-built stand. Many people don’t appreciate how sensitive crossover components are to vibrations.

Reactions: itay123
I love my TAD Reference One so the End Game for me is a good listening room for my speakers, I have no valid information about the right dimensions but I think below dimension is ok for my TAD R1 :

9m W x 12m D x 4m H

IMG_5756.jpeg

Last edited:
Wouldn't the Kawero Grande be even more end game ?:)

Hi
I would be happy to answer:

1. The Grand, like speakers of its caliber such as the M9 or Wilson Chronosonic, require a suitable space adapted to their location requirements,
I am not sure that I will have the following conditions in the next house and the one after that, so it is not at all in my mind to take the Grand into account.

2. The Brilliant version takes the Classic Kawero to the extreme. As I am the proud owner of an upgraded Classic Kawero C3 version, it is most natural for me to take it to the highest end.

3. I already have speakers that are already in their
version a END GAME and surpass speakers that cost twice as much.
I'm not really looking for a "new" End game,
but the topic of the thread certainly allowed me to release a fantasy that maybe (perhaps) in the distant future I will be able to actualize, but the price,:)
And of course I dont think the Brilliant Edition require a much different space from what I am today.

4. In my conversation with Rainer Weber, the company's founder and engineer, he recommended to me that if I ever look to upgrade the high-quality C3 version I have, to the next Highest level, This is probably for the Brilliant Edition.

• Love
Reactions: AudioGod
Seldom am I moved by large loudspeakers looks, they are usually imposing, but not aesthetically pleasing. The Aries Cerat are very nice pieces of modern sculpture, but the Classic Brilliant Edition by Kaiser Acoustics is the most beautiful and elegant loudspeaker I’ve seen. They even managed to make those humongous Duelund outboard crossovers beautiful. Wow!

Hi
I would be happy to answer:

1. The Grand, like speakers of its caliber such as the M9 or Wilson Chronosonic, require a suitable space adapted to their location requirements,
I am not sure that I will have the following conditions in the next house and the one after that, so it is not at all in my mind to take the Grand into account.

2. The Brilliant version takes the Classic Kawero to the extreme. As I am the proud owner of an upgraded Classic Kawero C3 version, it is most natural for me to take it to the highest end.

3. I already have speakers that are already in their
version a END GAME and surpass speakers that cost twice as much.
I'm not really looking for a "new" End game,
but the topic of the thread certainly allowed me to release a fantasy that maybe (perhaps) in the distant future I will be able to actualize, but the price,:)
And of course I dont think the Brilliant Edition require a much different space from what I am today.

4. In my conversation with Rainer Weber, the company's founder and engineer, he recommended to me that if I ever look to upgrade the high-quality C3 version I have, to the next Highest level, This is probably for the Brilliant Edition.
I understand what you're saying.
BTW they're missing specs on their site
But let me understand
They have a 10 inch woofer + a 7 inch midrange + an 8 inch passive radiator + a ribbon tweeter ?

""How did you learn to count 1, 2, 3, 5?"
I graduated with honors with B.S. in math. In one class I was the only one to get the toughest question on the exam correct. However, I added single digit numbers incorrectly.

I am an Autobot. My teacher was Optimus Prime

love

Bumblebee

P.S.

You're missing a 0 and a 1 if your last name starts with F and ends in i

:D

• Haha
Reactions: Bobvin
Jaci,
Because Mathematics is a natural science it is easy to create your own number system.

Jaci,
Because Mathematics is a natural science it is easy to create your own number system.
I hope it's easier than living with the one everybody else uses. :)

Being a blue collar worker my entire career has put me in the enviab position of having the ability to achieve more than I ever could dream of, $280k pair of speakers would be wasted on me.

I understand what you're saying.
BTW they're missing specs on their site
But let me understand
They have a 10 inch woofer + a 7 inch midrange + an 8 inch passive radiator + a ribbon tweeter ?

Hi,
yes you described it accurately,

Apparently you don't need multi-element towers to hear reality, tremendous weight, resolution and sensitive musicality.

The last speaker I had was 1.60 high tall with an element of 11" and 13" in its bass "Container" and weighed close to 200 kg, and the one I wanted to replace it with, had the same Category, all of this was planned and known in advance,

until I heard Kaiser Acoustics and especially CLASSIC KAWERO, which changed a lot of my perceptions, especially what I hear and how I hear it and experienced it.

I want listen to Kinoshita studio monitors with ris-1c sub (9hz) i think it must be Endgame.
img_587630_3736724_0[1].jpg

Reactions: gleeds
I want listen to Kinoshita studio monitors with ris-1c sub (9hz) i think it must be Endgame.
View attachment 116010
Wow...Kinoshita monitors??? ;) Just a bit bigger than your average monitor! Just looking around the room, these each must be 7 feet tall each? almost 20 feet across? Must be pretty awesome to hear...and I imagine massively efficient so driven by low powered tubes?

• Haha
Reactions: hogen
Wow...Kinoshita monitors??? ;) Just a bit bigger than your average monitor! Just looking around the room, these each must be 7 feet tall each? almost 20 feet across? Must be pretty awesome to hear...and I imagine massively efficient so driven by low powered tubes?
Yes must be a amazing room I would like to spend a few hours there. but hard to find such speakers outside of japan. will probably remain a dream.
I also didn't know that horn loudspeakers used to be so popular as mastering monitors. Today, with more technical knowledge, it makes sense to me. a horn causes fewer problems with room acoustics, not wide beam angle than a dome tweeter. the deeper the horn plays, the more it acts as a point source. legends for mastering example jbl urei 813c and reyaudio kinoshita. highly coveted and expensive on the second market.

In usa

Last edited:
Reactions: matsurus
Thank you. Fascinating.

End game Speakers...hmm! Love the topic, so many possibilities.

It's always interesting to see the number of interesting and probably excellent speakers out there. I would love to get a chance to listen to each and every one of them in an appropriate setting where they could sound their best. This will of course never happen as the sound at shows and even at dealers seldom reveals the very best of what a speaker has to offer. I hope this is true, lol, because otherwise I heard a lot of average sounding but very expensive speakers at the Munich show I attended in 2022. Just as well I can't afford or accommodate in my room many of the top tier speakers.

Do we ever get to the end of this game! The end game connotation is finding everything we are looking for but that changes as we become better listeners, change environments or add something new to our system.

Over the course of the last few years I have been transitioning to a SET based system. To compliment this change I began a search for some high efficiency speakers. End game maybe not but I was looking for something special. After listening to what I could locally I ended up purchasing a pair of Coherent Audio Speaker Neo 15. They checked most of the boxes for me as they looked great, worked well with my SET components, were very affordable and most importantly they sounded really good.

I was very pleased with my speaker selection. The Coherent speakers are basically a custom built speaker by craftsman / speaker designer Frank Fazzalari. After numerous phone conversations and a visit with him in Ontario I was certainly taken by his design concepts and his keep it simple approach.

After listening to the Neo 15' for a year I was still a fan but I was aware that Fazzalari was working on a larger version the Neo 18 which he was very excited about. So I placed an order and customized them to my liking. They arrived last month and I and everyone who has heard them at my place knows why he was excited, not even broken in they sound terrific!! End game....maybe...my wife thinks so .

Attachments

• IMG_2289.jpeg
    IMG_2289.jpeg
    842.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2287.jpeg
    IMG_2287.jpeg
    761.3 KB · Views: 31

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu