What speeds are you getting from your provider?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I subscribe to Bell Canada Sympatico's "Fibe16" service for about $57 (tax in) a month. I'm fairly happy with the real download speed I'm getting, but the less than 1MB upload speed is almost unbearable.

What are you getting and paying for?

John

With Speedtest I get about 20 download & 5 upload speeds. I have Comcast as well (package deal for $139 that includes cable TV, internet and phone). I am thinking of downgrading the cable TV though, since with Netflix we don't watch it very much anymore.

Comcast Business class here at 50 down and 15 up. Included in phone, cable and internet with static IP, it's about $120/mo.

Last edited:
Time Warner in NYC. With AOL, 11.4 down and 0.43 up; with IE 16.4 down and 0.49 up.

Hmmm...ran second time and got 13.1 down and 0.43 up for AOL; 18.4 and 0.49 down for IE. Third time got 10.7 down and 0.43 up for AOL ; 19.7 down and 0.49 up for IE. Just to be anal, fourth time yielded 10.3 down and 0.4 up for AOL; 19.6 down and 0.49 up for IE.

And Google Chrome is slower-only 15-16 down and 0.49 up.

I use Comcast and have been pretty satisfied with the speed:

958996738.png

Although the download varies considerably, depending upon the test server, with lowest ~15Mb/s.

I pay for 10/2 via FIOS and I think the monthly is about $35.

I was told yesterday by Bell Sympatico that for $5/mth I could have the upload speed improved to 7mb. Not sure if I want to do that as I don't upload that much, but it might be. We've got a group of guys starting to upload some vids to youtube and I must admit it's a lot of fun.

John

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing