What's Spinning Tonight?

On first quick listen, I have to say The Serpent’s Egg is not grabbing me as much as Spiritchaser.

I am hoping to pick up a MoFi copy of Into the Labyrinth next week at Munich High End Show if I can find one.

Reactions: assessor43
On first quick listen, I have to say The Serpent’s Egg is not grabbing me as much as Spiritchaser.

I am hoping to pick up a MoFi copy of Into the Labyrinth next week at Munich High End Show if I can find one.

give it time. Serpent is a bit darker, musically but ultimately a little more rewarding imo.

The Sounds ?– Dying To Say This To You. sexiest album cover of all time? I think so

Sonny Rollins ?– Saxophone Colossus. 2011 Prestige reissue - using the DCC plates from the Hoffman/Gray master. sounds superb - bargin from amazon

Indeed it is a bargain. I compared it to tape of the same title and just shaked my head.

Tang o_O

Reactions: XV-1
The Artist (Formerly Known As Prince) ?– Rave In2 The Joy Fantastic from 2001. just released on vinyl for the first time, unlike Un2 which was in 1999.

Reactions: assessor43
Robert Plant ?– Carry Fire. brilliant 2017 album from Mr Plant. lovely vinyl mastering by Chris Bellman.

Who would have thought all these years later after Led Zep that Plant would still be releasing superb albums whereas Jimmy Page does errr - nothing.

Reactions: Skylab
Lee 'Scratch' Perry and Adrian Sherwood ?– Dub Setter. amazing album from 2009 - reggae dub with an electronic flavour.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing