Which Brand Have You Owned for 20 Years?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Which brand of audio component have you owned continuously for 20 years?

Does this pertain to the same component -- or to a series of components from that brand -- over the course of 20 years?

Thanks to Kingrex for suggesting a thread on this topic.

I've a ReVox B780 receiver & B77 MKII tape deck that I've owned and used since 1983...41 years now.

My McIntosh MC2102(2006) almost 20 years as is my McIntosh MA6500, Spendor S8e's which I purchased new in January 2007.

My McIntosh tuners were all purchased used over the last 6 years.

Last edited:
darTZeel-----since 2004, owned 1, then 2 stereo 108 amps, then 1 again, then 458 mono's then 468 mono's. since 2005 had the prototype, then a new dart 18NS pre, then a Mk2 18NS

next year it will be 20 years for my Evolution Acoustics speakers (had the second pair built), although i did listen to the EA development protype (before there was an EA) for a couple years prior to 2005.

i guess you could say i have a Rives Audio designed room from 2004 also, highly modified over time. it was complete in late Oct 2004. not sure that qualifies. the most spendy piece for sure, and it's appreciated plenty too.

lol. Thread title could be how long have you stayed linear

• Haha
Reactions: Johan K and A-Line
I am very much not a box swapper.

I have had an Aesthetix Io and VTL amplifiers for over 20 years.

I had Martin-Logan hybrid electrostatic speakers for over 20 years.

I had a VPI turntable for over 20 years.

I am very much not a box swapper.
Gryphon Pendragon to Clarisys

Denon to Brinkmann.

VTL - Jadis - Westminster amps

VTL - Trafomatic preamps

Zyx Universe premium - Grado top model - Airtight Opus carts.

Graham elite - 3012r - Reed 5T arms.

For 20 years that’s not much. Though if someone did that over 3 years…

Last edited:
Naim Audio and Linn LP12 for +20 years
My totl Naim 552/500 for 18 consecutive years until my move last year to DarTZeel separates

I got back into audio about 2010. About 2012 or so I got the First Sound preamp. Updated it 3 times and still love it.
My Mojo Audio De Javu serer has been updated many times. Probably had that 8 years. Mojo DAC about 6. Updated twice.

Speakers and amps have flipped a bit. Phono has flipped a bit.

Esoteric Audio (Japan) for 20+ years, a series of models moving up the line; owned various models 4-8 years.

Adona Corporation audio racks for 20+ years, one model rack for 19+ years and upgraded totally last year to the ZeroGX offering.

Legacy Audio speakers (18 of last 20 years with a two year pause to upgrade to a $100k top-rated "audiophile speaker", then back to Legacy), a series of models over those 18 progressing up the line...

Last edited:
In the hifi room:

Martin Logan speakers
Krell pre and amplifies
Sony CD + Sony SACD
Transparent cables
Teac Cassette Deck

In the TV room:

Panasonic VHS stereo video, 30 years now - still works perfectly.
Harman Kardon surround receiver
Infinity 5.1 speaker system

/ Jk

Living Voice speakers for a bit less than 20 years. Auditorium then IBX-RW then OBX_RW.

- Conrad Johnson Preamps: 20 years - PV14L, ACT 2, GAT 1 upgraded to GAT 2.
- Transparent Audio: 20 years - Ref to Ref XL to Opus

Next closest:
- Zanden Audio: 16 years
- Wilson Audio: 14 years - X1, XLF
- Harmonic Resolution Systems (HRS): 14 years
- Tripoint Audio: 14 years
- Stillpoints: 13 years
- Gryphon Audio: 12 years - Antileon, Colosseum, Mephisto

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu