Your "World's Best Audio System" . . . 2012 Edition

Yes, I konw all details but I am not at liberty to reveal any information yet. What I can say is that the original idea of the La Assoluta is delayed and will have another name. La Assoluta is now not a complete system, but a speaker. It replaces the earlier scheduled T2. The plan is that it will find its way into one of my three systems along side a new planned tower shaped reference mono amplifier from Tidal which will come a little later than La Assoluta. The La Assoluta will be a sensation with groundbreaking new technology and material choices not used in in a similar application in any speaker ever designed before.

Hi Roy...any update on Tidal La Assoluta?

View attachment 12793

At our official 15th anniversary attending the High End Show in Munich 2014, we will premiere our very own present: a game changer.
Is it worth the wait? Well, if one is looking for the sonic frontier in uncharted territory, then we certainly think it is.

Interesting...thanks!!!

Hmm... Here's a quote

"What’s next for me? I’ll still be writing about audio products right here on SoundStage! Ultra. Though some of those products will be pricey, they’ll be fewer and farther between than in past years, and I’ll write about them only if I’m convinced that their qualities of sound and build justify their high prices."

So, he's saying he'll do, from now on, what he should've done from the start? :) Which is, review stuff that is truly remarkable and worthwhile, for being worth their price?

alexandre

Well the problem is some would see TWBAS being applied to much of the high end ultra expensive (sort of an advert for high end when IMO it was never that but that is my own personal take), when in reality TWBAS is really a select amount of products and critically also the project involved in selecting and implementing.
This was how it started out, maybe lost its way a bit at the end compared to early years, but TBH the level of commitment both in time-expertise-energy required and costs involved to do such a project probably why it changed from the initial starting years but unfortunately the result was the scope-focus subtly changed IMO *shrug*
Cheers
Orb

Thanks for the TWBAS over the years, Jeff.

It must have been a nightmare putting those systems together. Requesting and obtaining (at the required time) multiple review samples is not an easy chore.

Jeff,

Your articles, your ambition to go after the TWBAS fired the imagination for many of us. And it still does as evidenced by the people who doubtlessly still read TWBAS. Your choices are your own, and we respect them.

That said, as a fan, please continue to consider that sometimes (often, actually) it is really, really fun to read about the most S-O-T-A equipment, money aside. I don't think there are many of us here who want to read about a useless piece of $1M equipment...but at least a few of us ARE interested in reading about an unseemly priced piece of equipment...providing it BLOWS THE DOORS OFF of anything you have heard.

Good luck with everything and look forward to reading your reviews as ever.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for all the hard work. It almost sounds like you have burnt out. Wouldn't blame you one bit. The Devialet by all accounts is a fantastic piece. I love discovering great products at "affordable" prices. When I feel like I'm getting burnt out, I put on some Ella or Billie Holliday, spark up an Oliva serie V, and revel in the music. It usually works. Or chase the wife and have some fun :)

All the best,

Adrian Low

:rolleyes:Congrats on keeping your system "simple." It's very tough to resist all that peer pressure to buy the most talked about bling in the industry.

I agree about Soulution. It needs to be bedazzled with something more. For us dumb Texas rednecks, you think they would slap one of these on a 711 for me?
image.jpg

Maybe some of you will find this interesting . . .

"TWBAS Is Back! (Not Really)"

http://soundstageultra.com/index.php/features-menu/opinion-menu/653-twbas-is-back-not-really

http://soundstageultra.com/index.php/features-menu/opinion-menu/653-twbas-is-back-not-really

Great article Jeff...congrats on a great system. Those Magico Q7IIs have received great feedback.

Much has been written about Q7 vs Q7II already (including by you)...but perhaps now having lived with them as an owner, i wonder if there might be any further insights to add to the comparison notes between the two mighty speakers?

Hi, Jeff. I'm curious. Looking back on your endeavors, do you think any of your numerous TWBAS playback systems were able to achieve levels of musicality or believability that could routinely or regularly sound close to live music or the absolute sound?

Would you mind sharing what if anything was missing or falling short?

Much appreciated,

No analog source(s) :confused:

But I understand his reasons: the way he listens to music .... which is exactly why I got out of vinyl. PLUS, i have only so many hours in a month to listen and I already have way more music than I could ever listen to in my life - so out vinyl went. Every time I hear well done vinyl, I momentarily think about jumping back in - but then I regain control and move on.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing