Zanden Chukoh preamp finally arrived.

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
It was almost one year ago that i have ordered the "Ultimate preamplifier" Zanden Chukoh = "Light of the Universe " in Japanese many words are told about this already legendary preamp "Emperor of Preamps" "Sound unheard of" "Light of the Universe " "Ultimate Preamp" ...

Finally last week i have got my Chukoh Mr Yamada him self was polite and involved enough to bring a personal visit whit his charming Daughter to me for further preparation and fine tuning last details ,wonderful person whit wonderful ears and feeling for perfection and very high level of knowledge of resonance, electricity and adoration of the highest level to take risk to think different way and build different way what the only way is going step(s) further in the already relatively very high level of ultra High-end Brands and designers.
For me Robert Koch and Mr Yamada San are the big Maestros of this selectief Elite Ultra High-End industry my Robert Koda Mc one phono stage and Robert Koda K70GII power amps have never been shy against any other contender and they are creation of a man whit knowledge love devotion passion hard work experience and dozens of talent like Yamada san this two "Maestros" are very special personalities and i truly believe that their assignment is above money and success.

The Chukoh is "cooking" since seven days before I get my opinion and findings i like to "cook" it for at least one more week.
All i can say for know is that today seventh day i saw definitely some "Light of the Universe ".

Attachments

• Zanden Chukoh 2.jpg
    Zanden Chukoh 2.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 273
  • zanden chukoh 3.jpg
    zanden chukoh 3.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 278
  • chukoh 3.jpg
    chukoh 3.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 276
  • blue room.jpg
    blue room.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 267

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Amadeus, you do know there's going to be a mass outbreak of grown men reduced to floods of tears by all this.

Reactions: amadeus

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
It was almost one year ago that i have ordered the "Ultimate preamplifier" Zanden Chukoh = "Light of the Universe " in Japanese many words are told about this already legendary preamp "Emperor of Preamps" "Sound unheard of" "Light of the Universe " "Ultimate Preamp" ...
Finally last week i have got my Chukoh Mr Yamada him self was polite and involved enough to bring a personal visit whit his charming Daughter to me for further preparation and fine tuning last details ,wonderful person whit wonderful ears and feeling for perfection and very high level of knowledge of resonance, electricity and adoration of the highest level to take risk to think different way and build different way what the only way is going step(s) further in the already relatively very high level of ultra High-end Brands and designers.
For me Robert Koch and Mr Yamada San are the big Maestros of this selectief Elite Ultra High-End industry my Robert Koda Mc one phono stage and Robert Koda K70GII power amps have never been shy against any other contender and they are creation of a man whit knowledge love devotion passion hard work experience and dozens of talent like Yamada san this two "Maestros" are very special personalities and i truly believe that their assignment is above money and success.
The Chukoh is "cooking" since seven days before I get my opinion and findings i like to "cook" it for at least one more week.
All i can say for know is that today seventh day i saw definitely some "Light of the Universe ".

Hello Amadeus,
Big congratulations!

However, if you have got the Chokoh, there is no reason for you not to consider the Kaun mono poweramps as well!
;)

20180503_202947~2.jpg

20180503_202959~2.jpg
20180503_203027~2.jpg

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Wowww they look handsome this re very high resolution pics did made the pics?

The above photos were taken in July 2018 when I visited the Divin Lab, one of the showrooms of Audioexotics in Hong Kong. The photo below is the wide-angle view :
July 2018a.jpg

There are now more components being demoed in the Divin Lab.
The photo below was taken earlier this month and IMO the most interesting new addition is certainly the Ballfinger's flagship M063 H5 reel tape deck!
a.jpg

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Within the Davin Lab with that Zanden Chukoh and Kaun monos and Mr Yamada San (the man with the Midas touch)... it is all a stereo dream straight from fabulously deep in some 007 villain’s lair... dare I say it James Bond in Ballfinger... cue Shirley Bassey with opening theme...

Reactions: CKKeung

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Doesn't the typical Bond villain have hundreds of minions. In this case, obv employed for the smooth running of this uber uber system.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Minions are good! Could have appropriate names like Nos Valve, Binding Post and Ground Plane oh and let’s not forget the evil villain’s misguided mistress the beautiful Miss Takelot.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

Hi Amadeus,

Congrats on your new preamp. Please could you provide some insights / details regarding this preamp. Circuit topology etc etc.

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
The above photos were taken in July 2018 when I visited the Divin Lab, one of the showrooms of Audioexotics in Hong Kong. The photo below is the wide-angle view :
View attachment 48755

There are now more components being demoed in the Divin Lab.
The photo below was taken earlier this month and IMO the most interesting new addition is certainly the Ballfinger's flagship M063 H5 reel tape deck!
View attachment 48756
Great i like to visit Audio Exotics my self too soon...
Can you tell me you experience whit the Kaun monos please?

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Within the Davin Lab with that Zanden Chukoh and Kaun monos and Mr Yamada San (the man with the Midas touch)... it is all a stereo dream straight from fabulously deep in some 007 villain’s lair... dare I say it James Bond in Ballfinger... cue Shirley Bassey with opening theme...
So does it mean that you have listened to Chukoh and Kun to 007 movie track whit the voice of Shirley Basey on Balfinger Tape...??

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Hi Amadeus,

Congrats on your new preamp. Please could you provide some insights / details regarding this preamp. Circuit topology etc etc.

Thank you it was a task to place the main unit in my Rack to get it out i have disconnect my TT CDT remove them take the uper rack out...
But when i do i will make some pics.

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
An enormous congratulations, Amadeus! That is truly sensational! As a big-time Zanden fan...i look forward to reading how it compares with your already-magnificent Koda K10G2.

I was just speaking with Eric Pheils at Zanden earlier this week! I have just installed 2nd hand SRA Ohio XL isobases which were designed/calibrated for our Zanden digital...remarkable.

Please post when you can! Enjoy!

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
So does it mean that you have listened to Chukoh and Kun to 007 movie track whit the voice of Shirley Basey on Balfinger Tape...??
Apologies Amadeus, I was just loving the look of the extraordinary gear and then thought how much the name Balfinger reminded me of the Bond movie character Goldfinger which then led to an unfortunate path of thinking that somehow got me across to Shirley Bassey singing the Goldfinger movie theme... in my defence tho it was because the gear looked so fabulous and exotic it did carry me away with it. Amazing looking gear all round and looking forward to hearing more about your Chukoh experiences, congratulations.

Last edited:

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
An enormous congratulations, Amadeus! That is truly sensational! As a big-time Zanden fan...i look forward to reading how it compares with your already-magnificent Koda K10G2.

I was just speaking with Eric Pheils at Zanden earlier this week! I have just installed 2nd hand SRA Ohio XL isobases which were designed/calibrated for our Zanden digital...remarkable.

Please post when you can! Enjoy!

I wood like try SRA and also HRX Plateaus if i get the chance.
Thanks!

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Great i like to visit Audio Exotics my self too soon...
Can you tell me you experience whit the Kaun monos please?

The Kaun monoblocks are masterpieces!
According to Chris of Audioexotics, the double-push/pull circuit of the Kaun is a breakthrough materialized by Yamada san. There are 2 pairs of NOS 211 per monoblock. More than 500 lbs in weight per pair.

The Kauns are both the beasts and the beauties, enabling the huge Goebel Divin loudspeakers to sing effortlessly.

Despite that the Divin has a sensitivity of 95db, making their twin 18" woofers to sing agilely is not an easy task.
I guess your Peak Consult Dragon Legend is similar in many aspects.

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
Despite that the Divin has a sensitivity of 95db, making their twin 18" woofers to sing agilely is not an easy task.
FWIW, I listened to amadeus’s system a few weeks ago (unfortunately without the Chukoh) and the Koda K70G2 drived them effortlessly. Much better than the 100W/ch Zanden 8120.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I wood like try SRA and also HRX Plateaus if i get the chance.
Thanks!
Do let us know if you try...i have to say, if you can get your hands on a pair of SRAs...definitely give them a shot. I have the original Ohio XL designed for my Zandens...and they are genuinely special and have done something I have not heard from various of HRS, Stillpoints or Artesania's isolation shelves, reference footers or damping plates.

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
The Kaun monoblocks are masterpieces!
According to Chris of Audioexotics, the double-push/pull circuit of the Kaun is a breakthrough materialized by Yamada san. There are 2 pairs of NOS 211 per monoblock. More than 500 lbs in weight per pair.

The Kauns are both the beasts and the beauties, enabling the huge Goebel Divin loudspeakers to sing effortlessly.

I am absolute sure that Kaun is a Masterwork and is powerful to drive almost any speaker and have the Silk gloves of refinement same time.

Having said that i must say that the Robert Koda K70GII amps are specified 70 watts but according Robert Koch because the Peak Consult Dragon Legend is 4 ohm the real power delivery of K70GII will be 35 Watt Class A continuously and i am playing in a Studio which is 75m2 whit a celling of 3 meter high that's all together 225m3 and i can play whit the K70GII on my Peak Consult Dragon Legend speakers (4 x 15 inch Bass Drivers) Bigband or a Bruckner Symphony at real levels i mean real Live levels whit out any clipping it sounds more like 500 watt than 35 watt Class A hard to believe when you not heard your self.Also the Kondo Kagura monos that i own whit the specs 50 watt Class A can drive my Peak Consult Dragon Legend speakers at any level your ears can handle whit out loosing refinement.
I am waiting for the new Robert Koda Uber Amps they will be available probably somewhere June 2019 and the most naughty dream will be to own them beside the Kaun of course:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing