2020 C8 Corvette introduction, thoughts ?

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Prices are out!

The way the options are arranged I'd either get a base LT1 and add some summer tires/wheels or get it fully loaded.

My current $45kish Camaro has a bunch of features the base Vette doesn't though, so I'd really want a loaded one. Not sure I want to do away with stuff like HUD, Dual-mode exhaust and Magride after having it!

So, a LT3 / Z51 car with Magride, front end lift, etc. is about $80k. Still a great deal. I want bronze with the dark red interior. :)

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...let-c8-corvette-stingray-msrp-option-pricing/

Reactions: christoph

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
The new 2020 Corvette C8 Stingray @ $59,995 starting base is definitely eye and credit card catching. It's not electric though, but it's fast on start and goes just few miles per hour below two hundred.

If they can make that electric by say 2025 without increasing the price ...

Anyway, a super short article saying that in 2021 the price will increase slightly, which we knew from logistics, fine, but the only reason I'm posting it is @ the bottom there's a black one, and inside a slide show. And it happens that my favorite car's color, generally, not always, is black.
Some people who also have a similar taste in car's color I think they'll relate.

For me exemple; looking @ that first photo in black makes me immediately check my checking account for funds. Two years from now she'll be even more ready, so will I ...

? Black Corvette ... Stroll Down

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
Well, after attending Corvette's @ Carlisle this weekend, been doing so for over thirty years, I got to feel, touch and sit in the new C8 and loved every second of it ! Had a nice conversation with Tadge Juechter and thanked him and his team for a job well done, lets hope the 'teething' problems are minimal !

here's a snap shot of the weekend .............

https://www.corvetteforum.com/artic...vette-show-of-the-year-corvettes-at-carlisle/

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Can you ask for a preferred custom blue color? Like the customer picking his own type of blue instead of the one(s) offered? ...Say like dark navy blue.

Black I always like (below); with the light it looks midnight blue sky.

The "wish" C8 design; I like the color (below)

https://carbuzz.com/news/this-is-the-c8-corvette-we-wish-chevy-designed

What is your Blue?

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Bronze with yellow calipers and belts, dark red interior, black wheels and trim. Mmmm... :)

Last edited:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
GM always had some stunning blues IMO !
Indeed.
My C6 was Le Mans Blue.
Just one elegant wonderful color :cool:
For my C7 I really fancied Night Race Blue, but the settled for Arctic White that was readily available :p

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing