A new signature ...

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Keeping the tease alive... Botticelli X. I can say this... if ever a speaker had a high WAF, the Botticelli are "loved" by my wife. Sure, she loves the sound too, but she really loves the look.

And let me say, out of the box (they are still on sliders) these promise to be something very special. I've not had a speaker in my room before that goes this deep—essentially flat 22hz–40khz.

Alsyvox tease.jpg

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
And just arrived this morning... BAYZ Courante 2.0. What a relief, I was able to lift each one and carry it downstairs without needing a tractor and team of strong friends! Exceptionally well packed. All three manufacturers... Diesis, Alsyvox, and Bayz understand what is needed to protect their creations from the hazards of international shipping.

Bayz arrive.jpg
Bayz open.jpg

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
Keeping the tease alive... Botticelli X. I can say this... if ever a speaker had a high WAF, the Botticelli are "loved" by my wife. Sure, she loves the sound too, but she really loves the look.

And let me say, out of the box (they are still on sliders) these promise to be something very special. I've not had a speaker in my room before that goes this deep—essentially flat 22hz–40khz.

View attachment 82527
Very Elegant , You ‘lucky Man’ And of course the good Mrs.

Reactions: Bobvin

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
And just arrived this morning... BAYZ Courante 2.0. What a relief, I was able to lift each one and carry it downstairs without needing a tractor and team of strong friends! Exceptionally well packed. All three manufacturers... Diesis, Alsyvox, and Bayz understand what is needed to protect their creations from the hazards of international shipping.

View attachment 82528
View attachment 82529
Is that some kind of resin floor Bob

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Is that some kind of resin floor Bob
Yes, our home has a very large 3 car garage and the surface you see was original when the house was new (2007). A luxury for sure, it makes it very easy to sweep and clean up.

Reactions: matakana

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Botticelli X do look good in your room.
Going out on a limb here the Bayz will be not be exciting as positive a reaction from your wife. :p

I have not yet received my Bayz speakers. But I expect, (purely speculation), the presentation will be the defining characteristic due to the Bayz omni-directional radiation pattern. It will be interesting to hear how the bass is presented

You waved off early concerns of your room being set up to accommodate the needs of all three speaker sets. With everything in house it will be interesting to find which you personally prefer with loaner MBL and eventually Achilles amps. I can feel the tension building.

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
Botticelli X do look good in your room.
Going out on a limb here the Bayz will be not be exciting as positive a reaction from your wife. :p

You waved off early concerns of your room being set up to accommodate the needs of all three speaker sets. With everything in house it will be interesting to find which you personally prefer with loaner MBL and eventually Achilles amps. I can feel the tension building.
Yes but will he be allowed to say !

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Well, the BAYZ are actually very, very cool looking speakers. They are hanging out in the back of the room with the Diesis. I can't wait to move them up front and feed 'em. I'm sure I won't actually wait long...

(A lesson in perspective… amazing how the right speaker appears so much smaller with the camera off to the side like this. The curved shape really exacerbates this visual distortion.)

Bayz in room(sm).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: rando and matakana

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Yes but will he be allowed to say !
Some of my audio buddies have come over for early tastes, before the meal is fully cooked. Of the Diesis and Alsyvox the initial comments are both are exceptional speakers with somewhat different presentation. My reaction is they are kind of a left brain, right brain dichotomy. My friends are completely torn which they would want in their Christmas stocking.

rando

Sep 22, 2019
By no means was releasing a bit of collected air out of the balloon intended to be mischievous. The amount of enviable work lying ahead with that Fall view is only going to come around once.

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Well, the BAYZ are actually very, very cool looking speakers. They are hanging out in the back of the room with the Diesis. I can't wait to move them up front and feed 'em. I'm sure I won't actually wait long...

(A lesson in perspective… amazing how the right speaker appears so much smaller with the camera off to the side like this. The curved shape really exacerbates this visual distortion.)

View attachment 82531
Wow they look awesome.

rando

Sep 22, 2019
A personal audio journey intersecting with becoming a dealer need not stand between constructive assessment of his listening room on WBF. No questions if familial love is sincere there and only a small one (self-initiated) remaining over how it will be capable of bringing out the finest in all the children during this adventure.

Perhaps I drew open the door on casual assertions rephrasing the open question below at exact moment it gained prominence.

None are “box” speakers, which is all I have known, so yes indeed this will be a most interesting and educational adventure

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
A personal audio journey intersecting with becoming a dealer need not stand between constructive assessment of his listening room on WBF. No questions if familial love is sincere there and only a small one (self-initiated) remaining over how it will be capable of bringing out the finest in all the children during this adventure.

Perhaps I drew open the door on casual assertions rephrasing the open question below at exact moment it gained prominence.
A couple thoughts... at this point any comments are suspect as all this new kit needs time to burn in, and only then will I begin to tweak speaker setup to see how I can optimize each pair to its full potential.

The Diesis Roma and the Alsyvox Botticelli have offered great sound with only the smallest of tweaking. Is it the speaker is easy to setup or my room doesn't require much as both speakers are sounding amazing with only a few hours on them? Bob in NYC says it is pretty easy to get great sound from either and often in less than optimized real-world rooms that people actually "live" in.

My expectation is the BAYZ might be a little more fussy due to the ported design—I've seen them toed in, toed out, and straight-on.

I do plan to create a much more encompassing thread to describe this whole adventure, but am waiting until I have the full kit. At this point waiting for mighty Achilles to arrive—hopefully within the next 10-14 days.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Again with the tease, though this time the audio chubby is so hard a cat couldn't scratch it o_O

MIGHTY ACHILLES in my driveway!

Laissez les bon temps rouler :cool:

Achilles.JPG

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Enjoy!

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
All I can say, after all this time and investment... IT BETTER NOT SUCK! :p

I'm not too worried, I've heard the Roma and Botticelli now with the Pilium pre-amp, and I can't imagine mighty Achilles will do anything other than polish and put a stamp on the glorious sound coming from the Alexander. I'm coordinating with my audio buddies, mighty (heavy) Achilles weighs in @ 265 lbs.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing