Affordable ethernet filters

I read several reviews which stated that the EE1 emphasized leading egdes causing fatigue.

I am looking for a smooth, fatigue free sound.

Also, iFi makes a more elaborate pro model for $300. Has anyone tried it?
Disagree but that is my system and I am using an optical break.
The iFI pro is an optical break and may work for you but I have a quality optical break in place with the T-S212 and Sonore Optical Module, OCXO clocks.

One can always use multiple filters. The ethernet is so freaking noisy more is better. I was oblivious to just how noisy it was until I started down the rabbit hole.

Here are my LAN setups.

In my front room I have a Router in the Data Closet --> Cheap Switch --> Cat6 Cable --> CAD Ethernet Control connected to the wall. --> 1m Reiki Raku cable --> Aardvark Ultra --> Reiki Master Swtich Pro --> 1.5m Reiki Raku --> CAD Ethernet Control --> Streamer

In my big room I have -- Router in the Data Closet --> 2 Cheap Switches --> Reiki Master Switch Pro --> Shielded ethernet cable --> Reiki Optical Decoupler --> Optical cable --> Reiki Optical Decoupler --> Shielded ethernet cable --> Aardvark --> Silent Angel Switch --> Reiki Raku --> Reiki Master Switch Pro --> Reiki Raku --> CAD Ethernet Control --> Streamer.

Although, this would not fall under the OP of "Affordable". All of this stuff works. If your main consumption of music is via streaming then I would suggest investing as much as you can cleaning up the pre-steamer signal.

Reactions: Republicoftexas69
Although, this would not fall under the OP of "Affordable". All of this stuff works. If your main consumption of music is via streaming then I would suggest investing as much as you can cleaning up the pre-steamer signal.

Yah, I don't use streamers or switches, just a direct connection between my router and computer.

But… you’re the one who’s tried all the others! ;):D
No I own them all but one and use them. The Ifi and as @sbnx posted "The ethernet is so freaking noisy more is better. I was oblivious to just how noisy it was until I started down the rabbit hole."

The Eno 2 would be a step back from the Muon Pro.

Yah, I don't use streamers or switches, just a direct connection between my router and computer.
Using your router and a computer you need it more than you think!

Reactions: treitz3
I have long suspected as much. But we will have to see what will prove to be sufficient for my setup.
Yes you will, and I hope you find the right combo. That is 1/2 the fun.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu