All New Yamaha NS 5000 Speakers..... World-Beaters ?

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
All new Floorstanding Yamaha NS-2000A Speakers on the market now ! :eek:

I bet these speakers would really sing with the all new LFD NCSE HR Integrated amp

Last edited:

Alinous

Nov 30, 2019
I am sure of the quality of your listening. I tried to listen to several high-end loudspeakers, I guarantee you that the NS 5000 are exceptional loudspeakers. I do not identify a speaker that does better in a budget of 35,000-40,000 €. The placement of the NS 5000 is very important.

Attachments

• IMG_20221025_113212.jpeg
    IMG_20221025_113212.jpeg
    415.3 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: tobiasrankin

yyzSB

May 14, 2017
I am sure of the quality of your listening. I tried to listen to several high-end loudspeakers, I guarantee you that the NS 5000 are exceptional loudspeakers. I do not identify a speaker that does better in a budget of 35,000-40,000 €. The placement of the NS 5000 is very important.
What are the issues with placement of the NS5000?

I make a decision on either the KEF Blade 2 Meta or NS5000 next year. Both cannot be setup too far away from the front wall. I have both long wall and short wall placement options in a room that is 15 x 20 x 25 (W X L X H). So, a lot of volume but not a huge room.

Alinous

Nov 30, 2019
What are the issues with placement of the NS5000?

I make a decision on either the KEF Blade 2 Meta or NS5000 next year. Both cannot be setup too far away from the front wall. I have both long wall and short wall placement options in a room that is 15 x 20 x 25 (W X L X H). So, a lot of volume but not a huge room.
all the speakers require a good placement, with the ns 5000, a scene depth and a naturalness that I appreciate very much ....

tobiasrankin

Mar 7, 2020

Impressive system you have. What other speakers did you compare ns5000 to ? I agree with you that its an incredible speaker. I was in tears yesterday when I heard a Meav song on it.

Also curious what made you choose cello audio gear?

tobiasrankin

Mar 7, 2020
How is their imaging height, and does the soundistage shifts significantly when a listener stands up, or moves around? Thanks.

I find the height quite good especially when you play it a bit louder. The imaging seems to get bigger more focused and detaches better at higher volumes. I don't notice much shifting with moving in my seat or getting up.

Reactions: AudioLibertarian

AudioLibertarian

Dec 25, 2017
NEW YORK CITY
I find the height quite good especially when you play it a bit louder. The imaging seems to get bigger more focused and detaches better at higher volumes. I don't notice much shifting with moving in my seat or getting up.
Are you able to record and post a video of a symphonic work, prefereable Bach Branderburg, or Mozart Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachmusik, or Handel, or any cuts that have lots of different instruments. You don't need to play an entire cut, just about 2-3 minutes of each, making sure U Tube will allow it. Would appreciate it greatly.

Last edited:

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Are you able to record and post a video of a symphonic work, prefereable Bach Branderburg, or Mozart Moonlight Sonata, or Handel, or any cuts that have lots of different instruments.

fwiw, Moonlight Sonata is a solo piano piece by Beethoven. I agree that more complex acoustic music can tell more about a system's sound.

your cat looks cold !

AudioLibertarian

Dec 25, 2017
NEW YORK CITY
fwiw, Moonlight Sonata is a solo piano piece by Beethoven. I agree that more complex acoustic music can tell more about a system's sound.

your cat looks cold !
Its so embarrassing , I meant Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachmusik , had too much cognac last night! :( Its not my cat, its Ukrainian special forces war cat....

Alinous

Nov 30, 2019
Impressive system you have. What other speakers did you compare ns5000 to ? I agree with you that its an incredible speaker. I was in tears yesterday when I heard a Meav song on it.

Also curious what made you choose cello audio gear?
I had the cello duet already for several years. the combination with the NS 5000 is simply perfect, for a full and natural sound.

Alinous

Nov 30, 2019
How is their imaging height, and does the soundistage shifts significantly when a listener stands up, or moves around? Thanks.
my sweet spot is 4.5 meters from the speakers, soundstage and depth depends on speaker placement of all links in the system and room. I listen to music every day, the level of quality in a side room and the perception of natural sound is always there. for the height under the speakers I have 8 cm granite blocks which provides a very solid sound image. I hope I understood your question

tobiasrankin

Mar 7, 2020
Are you able to record and post a video of a symphonic work, prefereable Bach Branderburg, or Mozart Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachmusik, or Handel, or any cuts that have lots of different instruments. You don't need to play an entire cut, just about 2-3 minutes of each, making sure U Tube will allow it. Would appreciate it greatly.
Will do when I get a chance.

tobiasrankin

Mar 7, 2020
my sweet spot is 4.5 meters from the speakers, soundstage and depth depends on speaker placement of all links in the system and room. I listen to music every day, the level of quality in a side room and the perception of natural sound is always there. for the height under the speakers I have 8 cm granite blocks which provides a very solid sound image. I hope I understood your question
What other speakers have you compared it to ?

Alinous

Nov 30, 2019
What other speakers have you compared it to ?
Sorry, I always avoid publishing online the brand name indicating that they are worse or better than another, whether for cable and equipment, this can lead to controversy.
However, I can tell you that I will have difficulty finding its exceptional NS 5000, it easily supports the load of Bloc Cello of 1250 Watt each.

tobiasrankin

Mar 7, 2020
New sound demo. Sorry I know you guys want faster music, will work on that but I was taking advantage of the CJs while I had them.

Reactions: audio.bill

yyzSB

May 14, 2017
New sound demo. Sorry I know you guys want faster music, will work on that but I was taking advantage of the CJs while I had them.

Can I ask as favor or you? Can you move the NS5000 about a foot from the front wall and record a video? I cannot place them out like you can, and I have heard conflicting feedback from NS5000 dealers that said with that the speaker can and cannot be placed so close to the front wall.

I know you were interested in the CODA #16. I have one now and a Lumin X1 DAC to go direct (with remote control). I just need the speakers and it is between the KEF Blade 2 Meta and the NS5000. Though I have a limitation that the speaker needs to be about a foot to 2-foot (maybe) from the front wall. I could use Convolution filter DSP to solve this for both speakers, but I am interested in finding out which speaker would work best naked.

I can physically move the NS5000 more comfortably than the slipperier Blades for each listening session if that would make the sound better.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing