American Sound AS-2000 Installations- Far East (Tango)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Listening to the Optium this morning..right now. I am trying to describe how it presents sound to you guys. One thing came up in my mind. If you ever watched the movie Minority Report with Tom Cruise as leading actor, when crime protection unit projected crime scene of the future, all things happening there were presented clearly in detail as what was happening. But the picture of the crime scene were detached from the environment of the people who were monitoring. It is like you here and they are there. It is like someone put a spell on you and you get emotional watching (listening) to it. The sound is so very very coherent. Weird. You realize the disconnection but yet you could feel emotionally involved. The air there is different from your room. This is how the Optimum feels like in my room. The Opus and Master Sig on the other hand are very energetic, vivid, fast, sharp imaging. And the air of the musical scene is the same clear air as in my room. There is this seethrough clarity that sound of instruments just pop in the room. There is much less disconnection of the musical scene and you. I turn my back toward the speakers while listening (this is my way of testing the "musical reach" or emotional connection when I tune the sound of my carts) and I could get emotionally moved by the music equally with the Optimum, Opus and Master Sig. Again, weird. The words I wrote seem contradict. I just dont know how to explain any better.

Kind regards,
Tang

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 4, 2014
Denmark
And you explain it very well. Watch out Fremer ! I prefer your descriptions these days, bravo Tang !

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
In minority report Tom cruise is not using his own eyes*. Hope you are using your own ears.

* He has them replaced to avoid detection for those who haven't seen the movie

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
In minority report Tom cruise is not using his own eyes*. Hope you are using your own ears.

* He has them replaced to avoid detection for those who haven't seen the movie
If my ears were to be replaced, I surely hope they were not yours :eek:.

Tang

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Tang, it's the brain they're connected to that matters.

Put it this way, I wouldn't want to be the neurosurgeon opening up Ked's skull, or even worse, the psychiatrist going in deep.

Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I own a dozen cartridges. I bought all my cartridges from dealer or distributor of the brand. Majority of cartridges I bought were from dealer/ distributor in Thailand. Only three were from dealer/distributor in foreign countries because they were not available in Thailand. Thailand has an import tax of 10% with 7% vat on top. I bought 2 Opus1 on different occasions from an official dealer in Thailand at $9,000 both times. I sent one of them for refurbishment at $4,000.
No black market. Most of us in this forum are buyers. Many are sellers. Info should come from both sides imo.

Sincerely,
Tang

Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Just organized my things. For anyone thinking of having four arms, i advise getting a table with no less than 80cm wide.

7CA4CC5C-70E9-4AF1-A28F-5C7CDB333E34.jpeg

Tang :)

Just organized my things. For anyone thinking of having four arms, i advise getting a table with no less than 80cm wide.

View attachment 46475

Tang :)
Wow, your altar looks almost like an operating table :eek:
"Nurse, scalpel... swab..." :D

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing