American Sound AS-2000 Installations- Far East (Tango)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Tang: king, priest, bartender, take yr pick.

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
Hey Tang.
Now that you own two EMT's and one is on a Stacore platform and the other one on a rack, could you do a direct compare ? So cartridge 'x' to EMT on Stacore platform and cartridge 'x' to EMT on rack ?
(cartridge 'x' = cartridge 'x' both on same TT)

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
...And Lagonda...I always imagine he is Simon Le Bon sailing Medeteranian sea. :p

Kind regards,
Tang
LOL, i wish Tango, i wish ! :)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hey Tang.
Now that you own two EMT's and one is on a Stacore platform and the other one on a rack, could you do a direct compare ? So cartridge 'x' to EMT on Stacore platform and cartridge 'x' to EMT on rack ?
(cartridge 'x' = cartridge 'x' both on same TT)
You are right I could. I only need to put my second EMT on the first tier of the Stacore rack. First tier doesnt has the Advance Platform.

Kind regards,
Tang

Reactions: GMKF

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
You are right I could. I only need to put my second EMT on the first tier of the Stacore rack. First tier doesnt has the Advance Platform.

Kind regards,
Tang

Careful. I heard Kedar was looking at airfares to Bangkok :eek:

Reactions: Lagonda

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
TM is my plan B. Yes Ddk is king here. When you walk at this level, you better have someone you can trust on your side to reduce risks in buying gears. He knows my system, has listened with me, able to identify what can be improved even further in my system and most importantly we pretty much share the same type of "natural" sound. Gian is another person that could be king for me. But he never listened to my system with me. If I had known both earlier I would have saved so much money building an ultimate sounding system. Ked also knows my system. I understand how he hear sounds and his thinking process. He is my knight giving me valuable data points on gears and softwares. His experience cross examining modern gears, system to systems is beyond anyone I know. The General is my person for vinyls. He did not hypnotize me. He generously offered to send me his TM. It was just too generous.

...And Lagonda...I always imagine he is Simon Le Bon sailing Medeteranian sea. :p

Kind regards,
Tang
If you listened to Gian, you would have 26 boxes of gear (all in mono config) and another 26 boxes of external power supplies, in total costing 2.6 mio. Euro.
SCNR

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Congratulations Tang. It looks like you are getting ready to dance. I wait in eager anticipation of some more of your wonderful music videos.

Not with him dancing in them, please

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Careful. I heard Kedar was looking at airfares to Bangkok :eek:
He has no interest in racks and he is not interested in hearing how the Lamm sounds with my Cessaro or whether they match.

If you listened to Gian, you would have 26 boxes of gear (all in mono config) and another 26 boxes of external power supplies, in total costing 2.6 mio. Euro.
SCNR
If I have many rooms like you citizen of Liechtenstein. I would dedicate one for all out Italian gears with Gian's supervision. And you will be surprised how wonderful world class sounding it could be for less than 100,000 euros.

Congratulations Tang. It looks like you are getting ready to dance. I wait in eager anticipation of some more of your wonderful music videos.

Thank you Peter. I dance with classical music these days. The music will be more to your liking.

Tang :)

Reactions: christoph

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Actually, I am interested in comparing your Lamms to Ayon.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Congratulations Tango enjoy your system in good health

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Dear Tang,

missed all this commotion last night. now that i see you knee deep in uber Lamm i'm very happy for you. reading your thoughts over the years, having tasted the ML3's in my own way, i think it probably hits your target.

i am in awe of it all.....

bravo!

Mike

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
He has no interest in racks and he is not interested in hearing how the Lamm sounds with my Cessaro or whether they match.

If I have many rooms like you citizen of Liechtenstein. I would dedicate one for all out Italian gears with Gian's supervision. And you will be surprised how wonderful world class sounding it could be for less than 100,000 euros.

Thank you Peter. I dance with classical music these days. The music will be more to your liking.

Tang :)

Tang, I listen to plenty of jazz and some girlwithguitar too. Love early Led Zep, Deep Purple, and Black Sabbath too.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Tang, I listen to plenty of jazz and some girlwithguitar too. Love early Led Zep, Deep Purple, and Black Sabbath too.
Unfortunately I lost all my Led Zep, Deep Purple, and Black Sabbath albums in one the moves overseas and I find digital copies and reissues of those albums unlistenable. Not that the originals were all that great but much better than what I have today.

david

Reactions: Lagonda and bonzo75

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Unfortunately I lost all my Led Zep, Deep Purple, and Black Sabbath albums in one the moves overseas and I find digital copies and reissues of those albums unlistenable. Not that the originals were all that great but much better than what I have today.

david

Love it. I have early or original pressings of LZ and DP, but sadly no longer my BS from college. I have reissues but agree they are not as good. Original BS LPs are extremely expensive in good condition. Zerostar?

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Love it. I have early or original pressings of LZ and DP, but sadly no longer my BS from college. I have reissues but agree they are not as good. Original BS LPs are extremely expensive in good condition. Zerostar?
Maybe? Have to stop by in UK one of these days and meet him, waiting for Brexit!

david

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

Lol. He’ll have them - just pm him.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing