American Sound AS-2000 Installations- Far East (Tango)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Quite a bit is happening in my system at the moment.

The LAMM LL1.1 Sig. arrived a few feeks ago. They were just settling getting acquainted with Bangkok air unplugged.

1A213172-FD3A-41A4-8E8F-DBC1EB99DEA0.jpeg

The Geado Epoch arrived a few days ago. I bought the cart together with David and another person to see if curiosity kill all cats....hehe. I wont be installing the cart for a while. Mr. Resnick is very very enthusiastic with this cart. He could ask David how it sounds.

26A03821-A7FE-469C-A6CF-77B471C4BC9F.jpeg

Then, my 2nd. EMT phono came. This phono fit my bills. I had it customized inputs to my needs. Will no longer use other phono I own. @Bonzo the 927 sounds better with this phono. Better transparency and no frequency accentuation from the phono make better information and nuances. The nuances are not going to get in the AS2000 or AF1's territory though.

8E2A68EF-89F7-40DA-8356-B57DF8961686.jpeg

And at last. These ML3 Sig. came in yesterday. Mike did not find them cover all bases in his system. Micro is still beating bushes for cables to match them. Let's see how these SETs sing with modern horns.

1AD10A19-3370-481B-BF8A-8B571DE21F50.jpeg

Tang

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Wow, WOW, W O W !!!

That is a lot of action in your system, Tang! (Tinka read this and just said “A lot of ‘action’? You are such nerds!”)

Yes, I am staking some reputation on that Grado Epoch (and I am very comfortable doing so)!

I think you will love the ML3s UNLESS you are accustomed to and you affirmatively enjoy the greater headroom of your Ayons.

Reactions: Glide3

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Quite a bit is happening in my system at the moment.

The LAMM LL1.1 Sig. arrived a few feeks ago. They were just settling getting acquainted with Bangkok air unplugged.

View attachment 48813

The Geado Epoch arrived a few days ago. I bought the cart together with David and another person to see if curiosity kill all cats....hehe. I wont be installing the cart for a while. Mr. Resnick is very very enthusiastic with this cart. He could ask David how it sounds.

View attachment 48815

Then, my 2nd. EMT phono came. This phono fit my bills. I had it customized inputs to my needs. Will no longer use other phono I own. @Bonzo the 927 sounds better with this phono. Better transparency and no frequency accentuation from the phono make better information and nuances. The nuances are not going to get in the AS2000 or AF1's territory though.

View attachment 48816

And at last. These ML3 Sig. came in yesterday. Mike did not find them cover all bases in his system. Micro is still beating bushes for cables to match them. Let's see how these SETs sing with modern horns.

View attachment 48817

Tang

Very exciting times Mr. Tang. Congrats and I look forward to your impressions ! :D

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Thanks for all the cheers.

Tang

Did I miss it or did you not go full Lamm Sig and get the LP1

Buy the LP1 and the Sig series is 11 boxes. Then you’ll have fun with cabling.

I am very happy with the EMT phono. It sounds excellent and fits my audio habbit. So I dont opt for LP1.

Tang :)

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Tang, in the photo are those your standalone Cessaro bass horns?

Reactions: bonzo75 and KeithR

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Tang, in the photo are those your standalone Cessaro bass horns?
Yes they are. I am working with Ralph on front load bass horns as a replacement for these. I have a room functionality constraint (Working office not a dedicated listening room.) Anyhow it is not on my priority list as I am quite happy with my "subs on subs off" thing. ;)

Tang

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Tang, and there was me thinking The General might have hypnotized you into going Thomas Mayer. I guess Dave is still king here.

Reactions: Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Tang, and there was me thinking The General might have hypnotized you into going Thomas Mayer. I guess Dave is still king here.
Two different cool aids Mark ! You drink the American or the German flavor.
They both taste good.:)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Two different cool aids Mark ! You drink the American or the German flavor.
They both taste good.:)

He has 12 cartridges. I am hoping he will buy 12 amps. I was most frustrated when he bought a second EMT phono

Reactions: Lagonda

audioquattr

VIP/Donor
Sep 7, 2016
Netherlands
Wow, what a lot of new toys, great!
Looking forward to your impressions.
Enjoy!

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
He has 12 cartridges. I am hoping he will buy 12 amps. I was most frustrated when he bought a second EMT phono
Tang knows what sound he likes, and is not sentimental when it comes to getting rid of stuff that did not pass muster. Expect some “Bugatti of audio” to hit the used market soon ! Christian on the other hand is a hoarder, he never gets rid of anything, just gets a bigger house when he runs out of room.;)

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Now all Tang needs is those EA MM7s to go w the Lamms.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I thought Tang just sells a few bags of fertilizer and makes anything happen.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
TM is my plan B. Yes Ddk is king here. When you walk at this level, you better have someone you can trust on your side to reduce risks in buying gears. He knows my system, has listened with me, able to identify what can be improved even further in my system and most importantly we pretty much share the same type of "natural" sound. Gian is another person that could be king for me. But he never listened to my system with me. If I had known both earlier I would have saved so much money building an ultimate sounding system. Ked also knows my system. I understand how he hear sounds and his thinking process. He is my knight giving me valuable data points on gears and softwares. His experience cross examining modern gears, system to systems is beyond anyone I know. The General is my person for vinyls. He did not hypnotize me. He generously offered to send me his TM. It was just too generous.

...And Lagonda...I always imagine he is Simon Le Bon sailing Medeteranian sea. :p

Kind regards,
Tang

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing