Any cyclists here?

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Talk about bike touring

Check out what this guy is doing , i ve been many times to peru .
Its crazy difficult the routes he is taking

Reactions: rando

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
A few shots I took from this weekend. Too bad the last one was late! I looked up how to use burst mode, will get it next time!

MTB Vince

May 11, 2019
Dundas, ON Canada
A few shots I took from this weekend. Too bad the last one was late! I looked up how to use burst mode, will get it next time!

Awesome shots Dave. I LOVE riding steep stuff too. Not much geography like those big granite rock faces here in Southern Ontario but I've rode lots of "walls" on the west coast and interior of BC over the years. Some truly death defying rock scrapes on an old-school trail in Pemberton BC named "Cop Killer" years ago being the most memorable (in a sphincter puckering fashion)- LOL! Also some pretty crazy boulder field descents at Mont St Anne & Bromont Quebec and in the Remarkables mountains while helibiking in New Zealand too.

Rubber side down sir!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I regret never getting into mountain biking. I am sure I would not have liked it. But boy oh boy that lovely scenery.
P.S. I did some mountain riding on the road in Virginia and Pennsylvania. It is just not the same as off-road.

Last edited:

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Awesome shots Dave. I LOVE riding steep stuff too. Not much geography like those big granite rock faces here in Southern Ontario but I've rode lots of "walls" on the west coast and interior of BC over the years. Some truly death defying rock scrapes on an old-school trail in Pemberton BC named "Cop Killer" years ago being the most memorable (in a sphincter puckering fashion)- LOL! Also some pretty crazy boulder field descents at Mont St Anne & Bromont Quebec and in the Remarkables mountains while helibiking in New Zealand too.

Rubber side down sir!

Thanks! Rock slab rollers are tons of fun, there's a local trail that drops about 1k ft in a little under a mile down a series of steep rock slabs. I've seen Cop Killer on YouTube, looks like something I'd like but it's easy to say that without seeing it IRL, lol. There's plenty of trails I won't ride. For example, Kong. Filmed by Nate Hills, I built dh trails with him in Colorado about 12 years ago, he RIPS! I just try to get down smoothly and in one piece these days. :)

Nakor

May 14, 2011
Thanks! Rock slab rollers are tons of fun, there's a local trail that drops about 1k ft in a little under a mile down a series of steep rock slabs. I've seen Cop Killer on YouTube, looks like something I'd like but it's easy to say that without seeing it IRL, lol. There's plenty of trails I won't ride. For example, Kong. Filmed by Nate Hills, I built dh trails with him in Colorado about 12 years ago, he RIPS! I just try to get down smoothly and in one piece these days. :)

Would you ride what Killian Bron rides..?

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
would like to ask the model of Michelin 25c tires you have mounted?
I have them on both my bikes.
I didnt do the trip with my campagnolo Bora WTO rims , but with my older not so expensive Bontragers.
Comfy ride no leaks

Attachments

• 20220617_151606.jpg
    20220617_151606.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220617_151546.jpg
    20220617_151546.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: rando

rando

Sep 22, 2019
I have them on both my bikes.
I didnt do the trip with my campagnolo Bora WTO rims , but with my older not so expensive Bontragers.
Comfy ride no leaks

Rather surprisingly you landed on using the delicate race tire with a reputation for being slightly slower and easily punctured than others marketed for that purpose. And high profile carbon rim brake wheels.

Actually wish I had the maturity level to get by with that combo. :)

MTB Vince

May 11, 2019
Dundas, ON Canada
A perfect (Father's) day spent with my riding buddies rattling around in the rocks of the Halton Agreement Forest here in Southern Ontario!

287871638_563879695114981_5838704804034946883_n.jpg

289032715_1555627544852627_4700653465077887613_n.jpg

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
More than a few years back I was riding in the Canadian Rockies and stopped atop one of the passes to read the tourist signs and gawk at the spectacular scenery. All kitted out, young, strong (and devilishly handsome ;)) I was leaning over the bars with one foot still clipped in, striking a pre-race, front of the pack pose when a convertible with a group of very attractive young women pulled up — and with one foot clipped in I promptly lost my balance and fell over!

Atmasphere

Industry Expert
May 4, 2010
St. Paul, MN
www.atma-sphere.com
After falling on the Tour Divide while climbing up to the Empire Mine, I realized that the very minor advantage that clips might bring was not worth the risk of that pointy rock that barely missed my skull. I switched to Pedaling Innovation Catalyst pedals later that year. A nice side benefit is when there is HAB I can do it a lot easier ;)

rando

Sep 22, 2019
After falling on the Tour Divide while climbing up to the Empire Mine, I realized that the very minor advantage that clips might bring was not worth the risk of that pointy rock that barely missed my skull. I switched to Pedaling Innovation Catalyst pedals later that year. A nice side benefit is when there is HAB I can do it a lot easier ;)

Ha, but how do your shins look.
Way that most prominent bone there is positioned you maintain a deep visual reference of past errors that never fades.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I use "campus pedals" on one bike. Clipless for speed. No clip for conform. besides it's not the pedal. Don't pull up to exit. Its' pull back or twist sideways. It's easy to forget if you are distracted.

Reactions: Atmasphere

Atmasphere

Industry Expert
May 4, 2010
St. Paul, MN
www.atma-sphere.com
I use "campus pedals" on one bike. Clipless for speed. No clip for conform. besides it's not the pedal. Don't pull up to exit. Its' pull back or twist sideways. It's easy to forget if you are distracted.
It is.
In this case the 'road' was quite rocky and full of baby heads. Quite literally I didn't clean a section and the bike (which weighed about 55 pounds at the time) simply stopped. When that happens even if you know to twist your foot you'll still fall over. It took a few minutes to get my lower foot off the pedal after that. I got a few bruises and cuts but it could have been much worse.
Ha, but how do your shins look.
Way that most prominent bone there is positioned you maintain a deep visual reference of past errors that never fades.
Somehow I've managed to not scrape my shins. When you are on a long distance ride and not dealing with a lot of features scrapping your shins isn't so likely to be a thing.

rando

Sep 22, 2019
It wasn't out of a lack of experience that I cautioned Christoph on e-jumping a bike.

Maybe someday he'll report back on how broadly he ignored any advice in that direction. :p

Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing